Should I worry about balding?

aesthetic beauty

aesthetic beauty

Kraken
I thought no one in my immediate family suffered from balding, but I saw that my grandfather on my paternal side is balding on the crown of his head. Is this something I have to worry about in my future?

cope. bald people slay

• JFL
Reactions: iam good boy, aesthetic beauty and goo25
wtf just check ur hairline theory

• JFL
Reactions: aesthetic beauty
if the grandfather on the mother side didn't go bald you are fine

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and aesthetic beauty
wtf just check ur hairline theory
I was thinking about way into the future. Like early 30s but potentially late 50s early 60s.

if the grandfather on the mother side didn't go bald you are fine
He started balding at 50. Im 22 and already nw3 jfl

• So Sad
He started balding at 50. Im 22 and already nw3 jfl
I'm sorry man. I just want to make 100% sure. If there is even a slight chance I could bald, I am hopping on fin.

I'm sorry man. I just want to make 100% sure. If there is even a slight chance I could bald, I am hopping on fin.
Do u think hair transplant is a good option? Derma wont prescribe fin here

• Hmm...
every man is balding 24/7 no matter what as long as they have dht, some just have more sensitive hair follicles

• Hmm...
every man is balding 24/7 no matter what as long as they have dht, some just have more sensitive hair follicles
How do I prevent this?

Are there any genetic tests I can take to see when I will start balding?
Unfortunately no, but by the time you notice you are balding you will have already lost 20-25% of your hair, so just monitor it every once in a while and catch it early so you don't need a transplant

• +1
all bald people are epic

Do u think hair transplant is a good option? Derma wont prescribe fin here
transplant without fin before 40 wont last long and will be very low density

not really lmao, it depends on when DHT sensitivity is triggred. Men these days are going bald way earlier than the previous generation tho

not really lmao, it depends on when DHT sensitivity is triggred. Men these days are going bald way earlier than the previous generation tho
Yes really, if u have dht, u are causing damage to your hair follicles. Most don't see the extent of the damage until their late 30s, 40s etc because that's when the average "damage" of the follicles can be seen. You don't see women in their late 30s, 40s etc balding now do you?

Yes really, if u have dht, u are causing damage to your hair follicles. Most don't see the extent of the damage until their late 30s, 40s etc because that's when the average "damage" of the follicles can be seen. You don't see women in their late 30s, 40s etc balding now do you?
Bro I notice women with female pattern AGA these days no lie, even girls in their 20s. There’s some fuckdd up shit going on with our food no cap. It could be PCOS too idk but it’s wild. DHT won’t cause harm to your hair until ur sensitive to it, most men will have first signs of baldness post 25 that’s why it becomes noticeable in 30s 40s.

and mostly men who go full bald start balding early 20s or even late teens. They will be Norwood 5-7 by 30. But this shit is so weird that some men might just be max Norwood 2 till 40s then suddenly lose all the hair even though they have shit DHT levels. It’s really just being proactive tbh

Bro I notice women with female pattern AGA these days no lie, even girls in their 20s. There’s some fuckdd up shit going on with our food no cap. It could be PCOS too idk but it’s wild.
what is surprising about women with unbalanced hormones (more test = more dht) experiencing hairloss? the average woman doesn't have that problem, hence why 70 year old grandmas still have their hair, whereas most 70 year old men don't, because dht destroyed their hair follicles.
DHT won’t cause harm to your hair until ur sensitive to it
dht is single handedly responsible for the militarization of hair follicles, u don't "become" sensitive to it, everyone is at different degrees, and depending on your degree of sensitivity and general health (which contribute to hair regrowth, hair cycles, etc), the extent of damage can be seen super early for some and late for others.

I thought no one in my immediate family suffered from balding, but I saw that my grandfather on my paternal side is balding on the crown of his head. Is this something I have to worry about in my future?
Unless you're Native American, you should always worry about balding as a man.
How many men do you know age 50 and above with NW1 and full hair density? Probably none.
Balding for most men is an inevitably. Just gotta hope to catch it early and/or that the reaper only visits you past your 20s.

• +1
Reactions: chrisN, NerdcelThundercok and aesthetic beauty
Unless you're Native American, you should always worry about balding as a man.
How many men do you know age 50 and above with NW1 and full hair density? Probably none.
Balding for most men is an inevitably. Just gotta hope to catch it early and/or that the reaper only visits you past your 20s.
Actually my dad still has all his hair at 50, but his father is balding. I am worried about losing my hair as I get older. I want to be buried with a full head of hair.

Actually my dad still has all his hair at 50, but his father is balding. I am worried about losing my hair as I get older. I want to be buried with a full head of hair.
Your dad ought to be an anomaly then. Or he might still have less density than he did in his youth.

Its not rare at all to have a room full of guys that are 40+ and all of them are balding to some degree. Seeing old guys with a head full of hair that haven't receded even a little bit is extremely rare.

I suppose you can hop on a prevention regimen though consisting of Fin/Minox. I might in the next year or two.

• +1
Reactions: chrisN and aesthetic beauty
Your dad ought to be an anomaly then. Or he might still have less density than he did in his youth.

Its not rare at all to have a room full of guys that are 40+ and all of them are balding to some degree. Seeing old guys with a head full of hair that haven't receded even a little bit is extremely rare.

I suppose you can hop on a prevention regimen though consisting of Fin/Minox. I might in the next year or two.
Is there any genetic test I can do to see my likelihood of balding or when it could start?

You should be taking minoxidil at least even if you have a perfect Norwood

• +1
You should be taking minoxidil at least even if you have a perfect Norwood
Which is the medication that has severe side effects?

Midoxil doesn’t have the same severe side effects?
It can cause heart palpitations which are easily avoidable but personally I have never had an issue with.

• +1
It can cause heart palpitations which are easily avoidable but personally I have never had an issue with.
Do you know which medication causes erectile dysfunction?

Also thanks to anyone who replied.

You know what, I just remembered that my Dad has a high amount of NA blood. That might be the reason.