Should my friend try Powerlifting?

grungymallard97

grungymallard97

Sphinx
My friend 5’10 ish 73kg has been going gym for about 2 months now and has some impressive asf lifts, at least in my eyes.
He benches 92.5kg as of today and deadlifts something like 175kg💀 he’s new to the gym too and is almost putting similair numbers too me. He can also do like 50 push-ups and 20 dips which is kinda crazy too. Lmk cos I wanna convince him into doing something with his clearly top 1 percent strength genetics

• +1
Reactions: greycel
Bloat max bro yeah

• +1
Reactions: FaceandBBC and grungymallard97
what kind of question is this

• Hmm...
Reactions: grungymallard97
My friend 5’10 ish 73kg has been going gym for about 2 months now and has some impressive asf lifts, at least in my eyes.
He benches 92.5kg as of today and deadlifts something like 175kg💀 he’s new to the gym too and is almost putting similair numbers too me. He can also do like 50 push-ups and 20 dips which is kinda crazy too. Lmk cos I wanna convince him into doing something with his clearly top 1 percent strength genetics
bloatmaxing

• +1
tbh reps of push ups and dips are not special

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and grungymallard97
  • +1
Reactions: vratisevojvodo
powerlifting is too much effort and neeky
just bodybuild
bro? Are u jokinv orrr? strength doesn’t correlate to good physique for body building although he does have a 22 inch bidelt by the looks of him minimum

• JFL
Reactions: N1666
  • +1
Reactions: chudlite and grungymallard97
bro? Are u jokinv orrr? strength doesn’t correlate to good physique for body building although he does have a 22 inch bidelt by the looks of him minimum
i didnt say it does mate
still just get lean and muscular how is powerlifting a looksmax in any way

• +1
If he’s chubby it shows a lot about his character,
He’s lazy and won’t put in the work anyways
nah I mean he goes daily for months to the gym with me. But he’s got a bit of fat not chubby but around 19-20 percent bf he just eats loads as he’s bulking

• JFL
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
callisthenics

• +1
i didnt say it does mate
still just get lean and muscular how is powerlifting a looksmax in any way
I never said it was a LooksMax bro??😭 I’m saying should I get my NT non black pilled friend to strength train and make the most of his genetics, his body genetics are kinda average so body building without steroids would be super hard for him

callisthenics
nah I don’t think so bro, I have better body weight stats and I’m not even good enough for proper calidtjenics

I never said it was a LooksMax bro??😭 I’m saying should I get my NT non black pilled friend to strength train and make the most of his genetics, his body genetics are kinda average so body building without steroids would be super hard for him
in that case your question is so unnecessary and pointless
theres no reason for him to not powerlift

• +1
Reactions: N1666 and grungymallard97
train more with body weight and you’ll be able to

• +1
  • +1
in that case your question is so unnecessary and pointless
theres no reason for him to not powerlift
how? I’ve asked this before and people on here told me his stats were good not elite. You do know powerlifters at 16 bench 3 plates right? He’s not even at 2 yet

i mean it wouldnt hurt i doubt he’ll pull through with ut
He would he’s pretty committed gym wise, he just doesn’t know if he wants aesthetics or strength

how? I’ve asked this before and people on here told me his stats were good not elite. You do know powerlifters at 16 bench 3 plates right? He’s not even at 2 yet
why does it matter if he does or does not
surely he should decide as well

• +1
train more with body weight and you’ll be able to
maybe but I doubt it I’m too tall😂 surely me being like near 200 cm is a huge failo callisthenics wise

• +1
Reactions: vrt
why does it matter if he does or does not
surely he should decide as well
Because I’m pretty much his gym mentor. He wants me to decide as I have more knowledge but even I don’t really know so wanted another opinion

idk because he won’t take steroids
With those stats he could go far in even natural powerlifting

Would advise, it (generally) becomes overall worth if you are top 1% in something

• +1
ok if he want to look like ogre
Not necessarily due to his strength at a mid body weight he can stay probs fairy lean and put up good numbers (similar to Anatoly style)

Because I’m pretty much his gym mentor. He wants me to decide as I have more knowledge but even I don’t really know so wanted another opinion
ok.
you just said he doesnt have great body genetics so surely powerlifting is the only option wtf

• +1
With those stats he could go far in even natural powerlifting

Would advise, it (generally) becomes overall worth if you are top 1% in something
thank you for a good reply not just moaning at me for asking this apparently obvious question. what’s more impressive his bench or deadlift? I personally think the bench tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: greycel and verlooksen
ok.
you just said he doesnt have great body genetics so surely powerlifting is the only option wtf
yeah but he doesn’t know if he wants to be lean and skinny or huge and buff and stronger that’s his predicament

yeah but he doesn’t know if he wants to be lean and skinny or huge and buff and stronger that’s his predicament
ffs mate youre making my brain fully ache now
ill let others answer your question and i hope you find a fulfilling answer

• +1
thank you for a good reply not just moaning at me for asking this apparently obvious question. what’s more impressive his bench or deadlift? I personally think the bench tbh
Depends on his arm length tbh
If he has roughly average arms, then bench I'd say is better

But if he has shorter wingspan for his height, then deadlift

Both are v impressive if 2 months in and 16

• +1
tell him to quit the gym

• +1
ffs mate youre making my brain fully ache now
ill let others answer your question and i hope you find a fulfilling answer
Haha bro. I think we’re both just getting confused appreciate u tryna help

• +1
Reactions: verlooksen
Depends on his arm length tbh
If he has roughly average arms, then bench I'd say is better

But if he has shorter wingspan for his height, then deadlift

Both are v impressive if 2 months in and 16
He has very long arms longer than me and I’m 6’5😂😂

• +1
No especially considering hes 16

• +1
Are we supposed to believe you’re 6'5?
I’ve posted photos of me the same height as my 6’6 door so I might even be taller👍 ask most people active on this site they’ll tell u

• Woah
Reactions: cooldude1231
Bench by far
yeah even the bigger experienced guys come up to him in the gym shocked that he can almost benxh 2 plates considering he’s new that’s where he got the powerlifting idea from

• +1