• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13511, RAITEIII and Deleted member 3043
You should.
Considering your height.

nothing wrong with it if it isn't done excessively

You should.
Considering your height.
I was talking in general. Fasting in order to get lower bodyfat during puberty.
@Dyorotic2 said you shouldn’t fast at all during puberty so I’m curious.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
I was talking in general. Fasting in order to get lower bodyfat during puberty.
@Dyorotic2 said you shouldn’t fast at all during puberty so I’m curious.
I would say it's good for your overall health to do it from times to times, like 2 days every months.
It has only pros.
But, not more as a teen since you need food, high protein diet to growth properly.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.cope
I think I stunted my height with this shit:feelswhy:

• JFL
Reactions: mattzdeb
definitely not.

fasting is the last thing you want to be doing during puberty. Fasting disrupts what should be a constant activation of the pi3k/ATK/mTOR pathways through the halt in insulin secretion. Of-course glucose and insulin aren't around to oppose the secretion of GHRH, therefore the duration of the GH pulse is going to be longer than normal, Ghrelin which is at an all-time high during a fast is a ligand peptide hormone that is regulated during hunger, it binds at a high affinity to the GHRS and Ghrelin receptor within the pituitary, Ghrelin potently stimulates the release of GH from the somatroph cells.

No insulin and glucose to oppose GH secretion, GHRH binds to the GHRHR and is able to exert full effects without the disruption of glucose. ghrelin activating the Growth-hormone-secretogogue-receptor and ghrelin receptor, meaning supraphysiological amounts of GH are being produced. The reason I don't condone fasting is because of the obvious decrease in anabolic insulin signaling, but also the fact that the GH isn't able to even be synthesized into IGF-1 because insulin and glucose aren't apparent within the body.

GH without insulin and glucose = worthless. Brief explanation.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, mattzdeb, Deleted member 2227 and 7 others
definitely not.

fasting is the last thing you want to be doing during puberty. Fasting disrupts what should be a constant activation of the pi3k/ATK/mTOR pathways through the halt in insulin secretion. Of-course glucose and insulin aren't around to oppose the secretion of GHRH, therefore the duration of the GH pulse is going to be longer than normal, Ghrelin which is at an all-time high during a fast is a ligand peptide hormone that is regulated during hunger, it binds at a high affinity to the GHRS and Ghrelin receptor within the pituitary, Ghrelin potently stimulates the release of GH from the somatroph cells.

No insulin and glucose to oppose GH secretion, GHRH binds to the GHRHR and is able to exert full effects without the disruption of glucose. ghrelin activating the Growth-hormone-secretogogue-receptor and ghrelin receptor, meaning supraphysiological amounts of GH are being produced. The reason I don't condone fasting is because of the obvious decrease in anabolic insulin signaling, but also the fact that the GH isn't able to even be synthesized into IGF-1 because insulin and glucose aren't apparent within the body.

science bitch

• +1
definitely not.

i used to not eat till around 3 and it would be one big meal a day and then one a night do you think this hindered my growth? im only 5'11 :(

i used to not eat till around 3 and it would be one big meal a day and then one a night do you think this hindered my growth? im only 5'11 :(

I’m 6’1 manlet and I ate huge caloric surplus all day also eating until 3am.

you probably had turbo manlet genetics. I’m so sorry

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2756
definitely not.

high iq, what diet do you reccomend to boost GH natrually

I’m 6’1 manlet and I ate huge caloric surplus all day also eating until 3am.

you probably had turbo manlet genetics. I’m so sorry
exactly what you want to be doing.
high iq, what diet do you reccomend to boost GH natrually
16.5-20iu's of GH daily
CJC-1295 15mg spread across Sunday, Saturday, and Wednesday.
pyridostigmine 150mg daily.
hexarelin before bed, 200mcg week on week off.
delta-sleep-inducing-peptide, 300mcg every night.

huge calorie surplus.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Alexanderr and Deleted member 2227
Just do 4-5 days of 30min cardio a week. With a good diet you'll be lean during puberty. With diet in check of course.

• +1
Won't it stunt your development? it's proven than being fat during puberty fucks development so I guess fasting will do so too.

• +1
Fasting and being in ketosis is good and has lots of healing power for cells but I don’t think so in puberty. I never ate a day in caloric surplus my whole childhood until I was 13 and I grew 3 inch taller than my dad though so you never know. Some attribute it to height gains fasting all day eating a lot at night and running a lot just like hunter gatherer type did. It does increase gh but I guess that gh is useless without insulin and other shit you need from being in a state of anabolism . I wouldn’t do it’s logical to fuel your body if you wanna grow any sort of bone or muscle or even develop as you should. I really wanna hear smarter people discuss this though. Dyorotic seems to know his shit though tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2756