• +1
Reactions: MadTwatter
If you feel like your situation isn't gonna get better then yes

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: crosshold, Deleted member 21597 and TsarTsar444
why are u depressed bro :(

why are u depressed bro :(
[IMG alt="EverydayIsHell"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/l/22/22768.jpg?1665438141[/IMG]

EverydayIsHell

Bronze​

JoinedOct 3, 2022Posts270Reputation278

does this help?

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444
its fine for up to 2 years I would say but do not use indefinitely

• +1
Reactions: 123abc
No, read up about it. If you want to go ahead but trust me you don't want to be on them.

Theres no harm in trying it for a few months sometimes they do work for people Ik alot of people are quite outspoken about the negitives of them and while true there are some cases where people do experience positive effects and are able to cure their illnesses with SSRIs, however I would say without a doubt dont get pulled into them. Idk what one you are going to be put on but basically they all work on the same pathways to an extent so if you do not experience anything positive with a SSRI do not bother trying other medication still classified as SSRIs.

Also if you want a recommendation for depression you could try St Johns wart its classified as a MAOI I think and although might sound like cope is one of the most prescribed antidepressants in I think the Netherlands or somewhere up north/scandi maybe Denmark idk you will have to google it.
But it's really easy to buy online and OTC. (Obviously dont use it if you are also on a SSRI as you will probably develop SS and get hospitalised.)

• Hmm...
Theres no harm in trying it for a few months sometimes they do work for people Ik alot of people are quite outspoken about the negitives of them and while true there are some cases where people do experience positive effects and are able to cure their illnesses with SSRIs, however I would say without a doubt dont get pulled into them. Idk what one you are going to be put on but basically they all work on the same pathways to an extent so if you do not experience anything positive with a SSRI do not bother trying other medication still classified as SSRIs.

Also if you want a recommendation for depression you could try St Johns wart its classified as a MAOI I think and although might sound like cope is one of the most prescribed antidepressants in I think the Netherlands or somewhere up north/scandi maybe Denmark idk you will have to google it.
But it's really easy to buy online and OTC. (Obviously dont use it if you are also on a SSRI as you will probably develop SS and get hospitalised.)
St Johns wart is a SSRI i believe, a natural one

• Woah
Reactions: Nims
yh. been on lexapro for 2 years. happy like hippy, neurasthenia got reduced from top 95% ( big 5 personality test) to 10%.
iv tried 8 ssris and this one one was the only who was actually making me happy instead of just being numb to everything.

got off pretty easy without even tappering off. My cause of anxiety and depression was in the gut ( candida). Nowdays im just microdosing shrooms for extra advantage over mere mortals.

• +1
Oh my bad, I read somewhere that it was a MAOI I must have read wrong. Its definitely worth a try tho if Op is unable to get his hands on stronger stuff I think.

Oh my bad, I read somewhere that it was a MAOI I must have read wrong. Its definitely worth a try tho if Op is unable to get his hands on stronger stuff I think.
Its not worth it unless he has severe depression, for dysphoria studies have shown they aren't better then placebo, very rarely and the side effects of them for treatment of dysphoria are almost always worse then the possitvies.

Seratonin is the most complex neurotransmitter, it should be left alone as much as possible, its too fragile. Its main function is to act like a meditator, controlling feelings and mood, so it has very short boundaries where if too little it would cause an obsessive schizod personality with anxiety, while too much would cause numbing of emotions, both bad and good, thats why there is a goldilocks zone.

The current promising research on depression is showing that neurosteroids, especially allopregnanolone is what's actually the key to depression, and its found out that MICRODOSE of SSRI actually have very weak effect on seratonin but have the same effect on raising allopregnanolone like at moderate/normal doses.

Tldr: microdose ssri could be actually a legit depression treatment

• +1
Reactions: serbiangandy, Deleted member 8988 and Nims
Do you sleep for 7+ hours every night? Get sunlight? Exercise most days? Eat clean? Spend less $ than you make? If not do that 1st. If still depressed than take meds

• +1
Reactions: MadTwatter
after taking ssris for a substantial amount of time, you somewhat become emotionally numb
if thats what you want thn go ahead

after taking ssris for a substantial amount of time, you somewhat become emotionally numb
if thats what you want thn go ahead
I didn't say im going to take an ssri jfl i know they are poison

I'm on zoloft honestly i kinda like the emotional blunting

What do you mean by emotional bunting i was gonna take one too what does it do

Its not worth it unless he has severe depression, for dysphoria studies have shown they aren't better then placebo, very rarely and the side effects of them for treatment of dysphoria are almost always worse then the possitvies.

Seratonin is the most complex neurotransmitter, it should be left alone as much as possible, its too fragile. Its main function is to act like a meditator, controlling feelings and mood, so it has very short boundaries where if too little it would cause an obsessive schizod personality with anxiety, while too much would cause numbing of emotions, both bad and good, thats why there is a goldilocks zone.

The current promising research on depression is showing that neurosteroids, especially allopregnanolone is what's actually the key to depression, and its found out that MICRODOSE of SSRI actually have very weak effect on seratonin but have the same effect on raising allopregnanolone like at moderate/normal doses.

Tldr: microdose ssri could be actually a legit depression treatment
What about short acting ones like dapoxetine?

yh. been on lexapro for 2 years. happy like hippy, neurasthenia got reduced from top 95% ( big 5 personality test) to 10%.
iv tried 8 ssris and this one one was the only who was actually making me happy instead of just being numb to everything.

got off pretty easy without even tappering off. My cause of anxiety and depression was in the gut ( candida). Nowdays im just microdosing shrooms for extra advantage over mere mortals.

That's what I go prescribed when did it work for you

That's what I go prescribed when did it work for you
i felt the effect from the first tablet. instant good mood, but then for the next 6-7 days nonstop mood swings+huge desire to sleep 24/7
starting from day 10 i felt like my body finally adapted to that drug and from there mood swings and drowsiness evaporated. Only stability/calmness and general sense of well being.

you libido is also gonna get decreased by 70% but its still not that hard to cum compared with other ssris. Some may find it even beneficial because you can last much longer.

Read what I wrote here:

Summary: Try to avoid and get on Wellbutrin (bupropion)

i felt the effect from the first tablet. instant good mood, but then for the next 6-7 days nonstop mood swings+huge desire to sleep 24/7
starting from day 10 i felt like my body finally adapted to that drug and from there mood swings and drowsiness evaporated. Only stability/calmness and general sense of well being.

you libido is also gonna get decreased by 70% but its still not that hard to cum compared with other ssris. Some may find it even beneficial because you can last much longer.

Ok and what were you depressed about. I'm just paranoid I'm gonna have bad erections did that happen to you?

Ok and what were you depressed about. I'm just paranoid I'm gonna have bad erections did that happen to you?
my depression was mostly chemical. suicidal thoughts+ social anxiety. ssri got rid of them but with time (2-3 years) the effects began to subside. but as i said my problem lied in the gut.

still imo its the best ssri in the market. others ssris just made me apathetic to everything. No depression/anxiety but also no joy. On lexapro i was like a happy hippy. Erections should be fine, but its definetely gonna take much more time to cum.

as someone mentioned, its also a good idea to combine ssri with bupropion. bup should help increase mildy energy/horniness/aggresion without side effects.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20368
my depression was mostly chemical. suicidal thoughts+ social anxiety. ssri got rid of them but with time (2-3 years) the effects began to subside. but as i said my problem lied in the gut.

still imo its the best ssri in the market. others ssris just made me apathetic to everything. No depression/anxiety but also no joy. On lexapro i was like a happy hippy. Erections should be fine, but its definetely gonna take much more time to cum.

as someone mentioned, its also a good idea to combine ssri with bupropion. bup should help increase mildy energy/horniness/aggresion without side effects.

Shit ok I'm gonna try it then not with any girls right now so libido shouldn't be a big deal I guess

Thanks for the info man

They help tbh. I had pretty dysfunctional ocd and depression and now that I take them, I’m able to STEMcel again