should you put saved money in s&p instead of staying in the bank?

R

rtqex

Iron
Is it a good idea?
Imagine i want to buy a house and i need entry value of 20k and i need to work 2 years for this. For every salary i get if i put it into s&p instead of keeping the money in bank is it good idea or not and why?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Water is wet

im losing 50€ because of fx impact rn does anyone know what to do about this

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 21044
Yes if you want to retain the value of your money

• +1
Right now yes, it would be a giga bear market if it goes significantly lower.

• Woah
it was a question. Some people tell me its not good idea because in 2 years the value of s&p could be lower
Over a long period of time, yes DCA into SPY.

With a 2 year time frame prob not the best idea. Wait for s&p to hit 3400, that's entry point 1, 3000 is entry point 2.

You are still gonna need to hold 24-36m after though.

• +1
Reactions: slayer69

With a 2 year time frame prob not the best idea. Wait for s&p to hit 3400, that's entry point 1, 3000 is entry point 2.

Sounds ideal

so you are saying its bad idea to save it in S&P 500 for 2 years ( which is when I would buy entry to house ) because it is going to go all the way down to 3000 ?

so you are saying its bad idea to save it in S&P 500 for 2 years ( which is when I would buy entry to house ) because it is going to go all the way down to 3000 ?
I'm saying the rule that sp500 goes up by 12% a year is long term, and not likely to hold over a short time frame, let alone this year.

If you dca for 24m u might make money, but u might not. If you dca for 10 years, u defo will make money.

So I am saying dca maybe half what u had planned to, and buy more when u see attractive entry points, which for me are 3400 and 3000

I'm saying the rule that sp500 goes up by 12% a year is long term, and not likely to hold over a short time frame, let alone this year.

If you dca for 24m u might make money, but u might not. If you dca for 10 years, u defo will make money.

So I am saying dca maybe half what u had planned to, and buy more when u see attractive entry points, which for me are 3400 and 3000
got it. thank you

banks are a scam, all your money should be owned by yourself in anti inflationary form like precious metals or bitcoin, or invested in something

cage at "retain the value of your money", massive ad increasing rate of inflation turns fiat into zero

gamble on blackjack or poker instead. doubling your money in 5 minutes is way better than waiting 50 years to do the same.

muh just dump money into Simps&Pussies 500 brooooo

is there like a crypto /stocks megathread idk hie to learn this stuff

is there like a crypto /stocks megathread idk hie to learn this stuff
S&P 500 is jsut a market index, it just tracks the top 500 companies of the US.
the idea is that the market always goes up (over the long term), so u invest in it.

stocks are not for everyone. whats the point in buying Shares of a single company if u don't have a lot of equity. what good is having $500 put into a company's stocks for a 12% return/yr (average good year scenario), which is $60. what r u gonna do with $60 in profit in 1 year.
its better to learn a skill that genuinely interests u and do something worthwhile with it, go all in on it. and then use ur expertise.

retail investors are always the biggest losers, mind you.
best case would be to put SOME of ur money into indices, like the s&p500 OP mentioned.

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1