Shoulders are 90% of a good looking body

WrathOfOlives

WrathOfOlives

Bronze
DELTSM

Here's a photoshop of myself making my side delts smaller on the right, maybe taking 1cm off the width.

As you can see, that tiny bit of muscle makes a huge fucking difference to my overall look. I literally look 20 lbs smaller, despite if the photoshop was real it would probably being a pound of muscle difference.

The wild thing is, most men that are gymaxxing will neglect side delts and throw exercises for it in at the end of an upper body/push workout as an afterthought, basically just phoning it in and prioritizing chest. In reality it's probably the exact opposite of it being way more effective to prioritize shoulders/side delts and put chest on the back burner.

And this is what it looks like when a gym maxxer neglects side delts:

Despite this guy carrying-way- more muscle than the vast majority of men and me, still something looks off, like he's jacked, but still looks dorky somehow. It's the side delts mayn.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: greywind, Aero, gonion wanter and 11 others
View attachment 2478369

Here's a photoshop of myself making my side delts smaller on the right, maybe taking 1cm off the width.

As you can see, that tiny bit of muscle makes a huge fucking difference to my overall look. I literally look 20 lbs smaller, despite if the photoshop was real it would probably being a pound of muscle difference.

The wild thing is, most men that are gymaxxing will neglect side delts and throw exercises for it in at the end of an upper body/push workout as an afterthought, basically just phoning it in and prioritizing chest. In reality it's probably the exact opposite of it being way more effective to prioritize shoulders/side delts and put chest on the back burner.
How to train inner chest?

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
clavicle and scapular width are 90% of a good looking body*

Image2

• +1
Reactions: greywind, Aero, nobodyspecial369 and 16 others
shoulder - waist - hip - ratio

• +1
Reactions: tom69
untrained chad, wasted potential if not gymmaxxing
My doctor forcing me to gymmax because I have health conditions.

How to gymmax? eat protein shake and creatine? I don't want to go to the gym as well.

• +1

How to gymmax? eat protein shake and creatine? I don't want to go to the gym as well.

Are you even looksmaxxin if you dont hit the gym

• +1
Reactions: greywind, NateJacobs, Erik-Hexum and 2 others

Can't gymmax without going to the gym. Protein shake is helpful but real food mogs, creatine is water. Doing twink workouts at home (i saw ur other thread) is cope compared to lifting
This Chad is a high level swimmer and the incel is deadlifting jfl
Chad's frame allowed him to become a high level swimmer, not the other way around. Incel deadlifting or not will look like a framecel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4397, ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry and Saint Casanova
Are you even looksmaxxin if you dont hit the gym
But my doctor is forcing me to workout legs and core muscles mainly, kinda pointless in terms of aesthetic,

• +1
Can't gymmax without going to the gym. Protein shake is helpful but real food mogs, creatine is water. Doing twink workouts at home (i saw ur other thread) is cope compared to lifting

Chad's frame allowed him to become a high level swimmer, not the other way around. Incel deadlifting or not will look like a framecel
Would eating keto diet hinder my muscles progress? I eat mainly steak, salmon, fish sticks, cheese, shrimps because it's easy to prepare. Also how would having muscles increases my chance with girls when it's all under the clothes anyways?

Legit just hit shoulders for two hours x2 week

• +1
Reactions: greywind, TheDragon, poopoohead and 1 other person
Would eating keto diet hinder my muscles progress? I eat mainly steak, salmon, fish sticks, cheese, shrimps because it's easy to prepare. Also how would having muscles increases my chance with girls when it's all under the clothes anyways?
Keto is good protein and will keep you very lean but me personally I felt low energy during my workouts without carbs. If you're used to it you'll be fine. You already have a good frame you will look good in a shirt regardless. Add muscle on top of that and you'll look even wider, adding on to the appeal.

nope, back mogs everything else into utter dimension

• +1
Reactions: CsCurry
untrained chad, wasted potential if not gymmaxxing

me couple months into gym. Do I have the potential to have a physique like David laid?

Attachments

• 3657262_IMG_9593.jpeg
    3657262_IMG_9593.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3657257_IMG_9583.png
    3657257_IMG_9583.png
    7 MB · Views: 0
  • 3657253_IMG_9590.jpeg
    3657253_IMG_9590.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3657252_IMG_9591.jpeg
    3657252_IMG_9591.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 0
me couple months into gym. Do I have the potential to have a physique like David laid?
gonna be brutally honest bro, you will never look like david laid

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: greywind, NateJacobs, SomaliMax and 6 others
gonna be brutally honest bro, you will never look like david laid

Is my frame bad?

not even David laid when he's off cycle, not good lightning, not on diuretics?

• +1
Screenshot 2023 10 07 21 15 53 730 comwhatsapp
shoulders are almost 60% of the physique

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheDragon and ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
Is my frame bad?
Yes it's bad. Your hips are very wide, while David's are extremely narrow for a 6'3 guy.
not even David laid when he's off cycle, not good lightning, not on diuretics?
Correct. Look at David before ascending, his hips are extremely narrow, and remained narrow as he grew taller.
89cc7da3be1b97cef2ce96ec66ad46f7

His physique's main characteristics rely on the fact that his hips are tiny and clavicles are wide. You on the other hand have very wide hips so even if you had a 25" bideltoid it wouldn't really matter, because your hips would throw off the entire harmony.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: greywind, Krakowski, poopoohead and 2 others
The question remains if side lateral raises are better than the overhead press for overall shoulder width.

• +1
Reactions: greywind, autistic_tendencies and thecel
Yes it's bad. Your hips are very wide, while David's are extremely narrow for a 6'3 guy.

Correct. Look at David before ascending, his hips are extremely narrow, and remained narrow as he grew taller.
View attachment 2478494

His physique's main characteristics rely on the fact that his hips are tiny and clavicles are wide. You on the other hand have very wide hips so even if you had a 25" bideltoid it wouldn't really matter, because your hips would throw off the entire harmony.

I've put my measurements on my account.

6 foot, 76kg, 18.3" biacromial, 20.2" bideltoid, 30" waist circ, 11" waist length, 12.2" hip length, 47" shoulder circ, 40" chest circ

12.2" hip length

20.2" bideltoid

but I know what you mean. Do you know what David laid hip size is or like the circumference?

my hip circumference, the widest boniest part is 31.5 inches at 18% body fat. shoulder circumference is 47.2"

View attachment 2478494

soon inshallah I will acquire his physique. even if it means injecting 500mg test a week

Attachments

• ssdsd.JPG
    ssdsd.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 0
soon inshallah I will acquire his physique. even if it means injecting 500mg test a week
I promise you, you can take all the gear in the world you will never look like him. Not to mention, you don't have the height nor the insertions to look like him.

Assuming you did have the same hip circumference (which I doubt that site is even remotely accurate jfl), you don't have the same ratios, the same ribcage width, and your hips look way wider than 31 inch circumference. It's not even comparable to David he mogs to oblivion.

• +1
Reactions: greywind
I promise you, you can take all the gear in the world you will never look like him. Not to mention, you don't have the height nor the insertions to look like him.

Assuming you did have the same hip circumference (which I doubt that site is even remotely accurate jfl), you don't have the same ratios, the same ribcage width, and your hips look way wider than 31 inch circumference. It's not even comparable to David he mogs to oblivion.

hmm. I will look like him mark my words. shoot for the stars, land on the moon

• JFL
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry and Saint Casanova
hmm. I will look like him mark my words. shoot for the stars, land on the moon
:ROFLMAO: alright bro good luck, @ me when you have 4 mill on IG and get sponsored by gymshark

• +1

View attachment 2478494

He reminds me of Henry’s frame tbh.
@bobsmith03 this should be your goal.

Attachments

• 7073176A-42C8-46C9-A1E8-B7899991B3AF.jpeg
    7073176A-42C8-46C9-A1E8-B7899991B3AF.jpeg
    531.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FD6F9A79-DF6B-4832-B3BB-75826F21F31A.jpeg
    FD6F9A79-DF6B-4832-B3BB-75826F21F31A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • D9329481-A474-432D-86F2-542AED5EACE0.jpeg
    D9329481-A474-432D-86F2-542AED5EACE0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: greywind and User28823
Water thread holy

• +1
Reactions: sozz
:ROFLMAO: alright bro good luck, @ me when you have 4 mill on IG and get sponsored by gymshark
Brandon was a gymshark athlete and he was a hipcel so I guess it’s not impossible jfl.

Attachments

• 357E94BF-367D-435A-8867-AF5DFD014303.jpeg
    357E94BF-367D-435A-8867-AF5DFD014303.jpeg
    793 KB · Views: 0
18.3" bicromial and 30" waist
Waist looks bigger than that and also it’s your hips that are the issue. Bictomial is nothing special especially for gymaxxed dues.

Have a realistic aim, your frame looks like Henry’s. It’s like saying I want Sean O Pry’s hunter eyes whilst having bug eyes. Some things aren’t possible bro.

• +1
Reactions: greywind and User28823
Even if you did I doubt you have his face which haloed him like crazy

Waist looks bigger than that and also it’s your hips that are the issue. Bictomial is nothing special especially for gymaxxed dues.

Have a realistic aim, your frame looks like Henry’s. It’s like saying I want Sean O Pry’s hunter eyes whilst having bug eyes. Some things aren’t possible bro.

its all about clavicle length

Attachments

• sfsdf.JPG
    sfsdf.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Saint Casanova
Even if you did I doubt you have his face which haloed him like crazy

My body is a flaw more than my face atp, I'm too skinny in my arms.

but I'm 2-3 surgery away from getting chadlite. main flaws is hollow under eyes (fixed with infra-malar implant), genio to mainly fix side profile, jaw implant to asymmetrical ramus

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpeg
    IMG_0688.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0687.jpeg
    IMG_0687.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
    342.9 KB · Views: 0

View attachment 2478494

Wonder why they never grew wider? He could’ve been taking an AI which limited hip growth ?

They aren’t bad, but like @User28823, it’s about shoulder to hip ratio.

how shall i measure hips btw. like 1 or 2.

I know I have my shoulder circ measurement right because its just arms to side, neutral posture, widest part of shoulder.

but what about hip measurement? ill measure it for you now

Attachments

• dsdasd.JPG
    dsdasd.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
I know a lot of ppl will demoralize you for asking that, but I will tell you the real. You have a lot of body fat to lose, and tbh don't really know what your structure is like until you get somewhat lean, like 15% bf or so.

This is me when I was chubbyish, looking like I am built like a fridge.

Me after losing a bunch of body fat, at the smallest notch in a child's weightlifting belt. My waist is getting so small I'm going to have to carve out smaller holes in my weightlifting belt when it inevitably gets too loose as i progress further into my cut.

Point being, you don't really know your structure until you get somewhat lean, I never would of guessed I had good V-taper genetics until I lost fat.

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: User28823 and Saint Casanova
how shall i measure hips btw. like 1 or 2.

I know I have my shoulder circ measurement right because its just arms to side, neutral posture, widest part of shoulder.

but what about hip measurement? ill measure it for you now
Do both. Upper is more important though.

I know a lot of ppl will demoralize you for asking that, but I will tell you the real. You have a lot of body fat to lose, and tbh don't really know what your structure is like until you get somewhat lean, like 15% bf or so.

This is me when I was chubbyish, looking like I am built like a fridge.

View attachment 2478617

Me after losing a bunch of body fat, at the smallest notch in a child's weightlifting belt. My waist is getting so small I'm going to have to carve out smaller holes in my weightlifting belt when it inevitably gets too loose as i progress further into my cut.

View attachment 2478622

Point being, you don't really know your structure until you get somewhat lean, I never would of guessed I had good V-taper genetics until I lost fat.

yeah and also my ethnicity holds a lot of belly fat. I'm 18% rn, I checked with callipers. Doing a recomop rn by high protein maintenance diet. I'm slowly building muscle while not gaining much fat if not losing some.

Do both. Upper is more important though.

I'll give you shoulder width, hip width measurements.

I used a marker and a wall to measure these. the hips and waist I give varied measurements because I'm 18% fat

20.86" inch bideltoid
11.41"-12.59" waist, narrowest part. varies if pushing in or not
12.40"-13.38" hip, boniest part, variest if pushing marker in or not

46" shoulder circumference
30" waist circumference, narrowest part n
31.5" hip circumference, bellow button, most boney part
37" hip circumference by dick region

Wonder why they never grew wider? He could’ve been taking an AI which limited hip growth ?
I don't know the science behind hip development but I could only assume his hip plates closed earlier than his long bones.

I don't know the science behind hip development but I could only assume his hip plates closed earlier than his long bones.
Hip growth never stops though ? It can grow all throughout adult life ??

I read that.

Hip growth never stops though ? It can grow all throughout adult life ??

I read that.
No, your iliac crests have growth plates. They typically close between ages 14-22

Main qimg db93c13ec927e6e3eef1003035d7cb5a pjlq

• Woah
Reactions: Saint Casanova