side lateral raises should be the focus of every workout. even above neck training.

R

Redwhiteandbluepill

Kraken
i’ll say neck training is second

• +1
Reactions: JawMogger, TITUS and Deleted member 19551
in my opinion, barbell Z-press, split jerks and dumbell shoulder press mog

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
You're not going to put a huge amount of mass on your side delts naturally. That is one of those muscle groups that has a very limited natural growth potential.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Yerico7, Lorsss and 9 others
neck should be n1 priority, even models have thick neck over wide shoulders and make the diff

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, Lorsss and TrestIsBest
pressing is front delts. does nowhere near as much for looks as side lateral raises.

• +1
Reactions: TITUS and Deleted member 19551
You're not going to put a huge amount of mass on your side delts naturally. That is one of those muscle groups that has a very limited natural growth potential.
don’t need huge. when you’re lean wider shoulders make a massive difference.

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Yerico7, bwrauycnee and 2 others
don’t need huge. when you’re lean wider shoulders make a massive difference.
You should put your gym time in exercises that will make a big difference. Your side delts will likely make no difference at all when you're wearing a shirt. That's how little they will grow, unless you either do drugs or have amazing genetics for that muscle group. It's more rational to do highly effective exercises that hit multiple muscle groups, and throw in a bit of extra delt work, as time permits.

If you want ot look wide, working all three heads of the tricep will probably do more than the delts.

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, Oberyn and Deleted member 19551
You should inject, so those side laterals do anything.

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
small muscle tbh

Doing lateral raises on a cable machine mogs everything else for shoulder growth.

side lateral raises should be the focus of every workout. even above neck training.​

This is cope. You should not be working out shoulders every workout. Plus putting an over emphasis on shoulders will make your frame look like shit. Harmony is the most important thing in a body.

I do military press twice a week and side raises/rear delts twice a week too, pretty powerful shoulders.

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Yerico7, SubhumanCurrycel and 1 other person
they don't do shit. just do barbell presses and you'll achieve the same hypertrophy plus way more strength

You should put your gym time in exercises that will make a big difference. Your side delts will likely make no difference at all when you're wearing a shirt. That's how little they will grow, unless you either do drugs or have amazing genetics for that muscle group. It's more rational to do highly effective exercises that hit multiple muscle groups, and throw in a bit of extra delt work, as time permits.

If you want ot look wide, working all three heads of the tricep will probably do more than the delts.
very untrue.

lateral raises will effect the entire side portion of your body from traps to top to mid to lower part of the side deltoids.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
they don't do shit. just do barbell presses and you'll achieve the same hypertrophy plus way more strength
this is bad advice. many top coaches say side lateral raises are king of aesthetic workouts.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
Shoulders are the most genetic based muscle as a natural, you either have them or you don't. Only thing that could compete are abs and calves.

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
Shoulders are the most genetic based muscle as a natural, you either have them or you don't. Only thing that could compete are abs and calves.
incorrect. many personal trainers have seen amazing results.

side lateral raises are the king of aesthetic movements.

• Woah
Reactions: Sigmamale
incorrect. many personal trainers have seen amazing results.

side lateral raises are the king of aesthetic movements.
The overwhelming advice you get from legit trainers who train naturals is, whether you are training for aesthetics or strength, you need to focus on big compound movements. That includes things like overhead press, which hit your delts. This will give you more gains than a bunch of tiny exercises like lateral raises.

If you take a huge drug stack, your delts will blow up, no matter how bad your training is. You really don't need training advice at that point. For everyone else, especially people with limited time who want to see results, they need decent training advice.

I'm sure you think you are some super clever guy because you're on PSL and think you've bLaCkPiLlEd yourself into some esoteric knowledge. Go ahead a waste your time. My advice is to find actual trainers and coaches with real experience, not broscience. You don't know more about training than some guy who actually has trained and become an expert in the topic. You're just some guy on the internet.

• +1
Reactions: BigBundaSlapper and Sigmamale
The overwhelming advice you get from legit trainers who train naturals is, whether you are training for aesthetics or strength, you need to focus on big compound movements. That includes things like overhead press, which hit your delts. This will give you more gains than a bunch of tiny exercises like lateral raises.

If you take a huge drug stack, your delts will blow up, no matter how bad your training is. You really don't need training advice at that point. For everyone else, especially people with limited time who want to see results, they need decent training advice.

I'm sure you think you are some super clever guy because you're on PSL and think you've bLaCkPiLlEd yourself into some esoteric knowledge. Go ahead a waste your time. My advice is to find actual trainers and coaches with real experience, not broscience. You don't know more about training than some guy who actually has trained and become an expert in the topic. You're just some guy on the internet.
not for aesthetics.

THis video actually supports my point: "Throw in laterals" means throw it in at the end of a good training program, not to prioritize it over mroe effective exercises.
he doesn’t care about looks. for looks just stay lean and focus on upper body. incline press and side lateral.

squatting does nothing for looks.

squatting is good for skill in bed tho

It's part of a full-body strength program that will take you a lot farther than a few accessory movements like side laterals.
i was in elite shape and cuz i never hit side laterals my build sucked.

i was in elite shape and cuz i never hit side laterals my build sucked.
Plenty of exercises hit side laterals. Most exercises that hit rear delts will hit rear delts as well. Your problem is probably a genetic predisposition.

I remember when I ran my first prohormone (aka designer steroid) cycle back when I was like 17. Despite training at home with my 50 lbs adjustable dumbell set and basically doing the same lame ass routine I always did, I made more gains on my traps and deltoids in 2 weeks on prohormones than I did 2 years natty. It was fucking ridiculous.

Even now when I am off the roids I still maintain semi enhanced traps/deltoids as long as I am training. Probably because of the myonuclei/muscle memory in that area after numerous prohormone and real cycles I did throughout the years.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Elvisandreaa, Lorsss and 1 other person
I remember when I ran my first prohormone (aka designer steroid) cycle back when I was like 17. Despite training at home with my 50 lbs adjustable dumbell set and basically doing the same lame ass routine I always did, I made more gains on my traps and deltoids in 2 weeks on prohormones than I did 2 years natty. It was fucking ridiculous.

Even now when I am off the roids I still maintain semi enhanced traps/deltoids as long as I am training. Probably because of the myonuclei/muscle memory in that area after numerous prohormone and real cycles I did throughout the years.
is it worth it?

is it worth it?

I would never recommend anyone to roid because it can go terribly wrong, but yeah because of roids I was getting like a 30-40% response rate on POF when it was still a popular site. Roids can be a huge looksmax if you are otherwise decent looking but lack masculine presence/raw sex appeal.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 2729
Shoulder press is maybe the best for overall hipertrophy but you just get to a certain weight and it becomes bad to put so much pressure on your back. Ideally you would find some way to do supersets, dropsets, slower reps with lighter weight at the OHP

I do military press twice a week and side raises/rear delts twice a week too, pretty powerful shoulders.
What do you do for rear delts?
Personally havent found anything much better than facepulls

pressing is front delts. does nowhere near as much for looks as side lateral raises.

If overhead presses mainly train front deltoids, then lateral raises mainly train traps.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21531

What u do for all 3 heads bhai?

If overhead presses mainly train front deltoids, then lateral raises mainly train traps.
If u use cables then they do traps AND side delts

How is my neck bhais? Should I do specific training?

Screenshot 20220623 162345 WhatsApp

Cable crossovers, i'ts king, also bb rows or high machine rows and pullups. There is a year round roided dude at my gym and i have the delt look he has but natty, training the rear delts on cable crossovers with dropsets and whatnot.

Last edited:
  • +1
Any kind of row. Facepulls are ideal, and hit the side delts effectively, too.

• +1
Bullshit. Depends on the natural shape of your shoulders and obviously genetic potenial.

I suspect you have dogshit for shoulders.

he doesn’t care about looks. for looks just stay lean and focus on upper body. incline press and side lateral.

squatting does nothing for looks.

squatting is good for skill in bed tho
worst advice ever

• +1
Reactions: Curlbrahhh
Bullshit. Depends on the natural shape of your shoulders and obviously genetic potenial.

I suspect you have dogshit for shoulders.
It's a fact that some muscles have more androgen receptors than others, so they blow up when you take drugs. It is also a fact that some muscles have more fibers to hypertrophy than others.

I think Alphadestiny has some of the best natural shoulders you will find, and he has good genetics and years of serious training. There are a handful of guys at my gym with bigger delts, who don't even train hard. The reason is simply that they take drugs.

• +1
Reactions: BigBundaSlapper
Specializing in overhead pressing will help the most, not spamming side lateral raises. If you're repping high weight for overhead press and you're ox strong in this movement, it's impossible to not have big shoulders.

I used to follow this muh spam lateral raises, but when i switched over to specializing OHP to help with my planche training, shoulders improved massively.

this

honestly combine it with aerobic and anaerobic exercise by rowing or swimming. get lats and shoulder width while improving cardiovascular health (i.e., meaningful health)

Specializing in overhead pressing will help the most, not spamming side lateral raises. If you're repping high weight for overhead press and you're ox strong in this movement, it's impossible to not have big shoulders.

I used to follow this muh spam lateral raises, but when i switched over to specializing OHP to help with my planche training, shoulders improved massively.
Disagree.

The guys like jeff nippard address this in videos.

Pressing gives unattractive mark rippetoe type builds with overly developed front delts leading to sloped shoulders ect

Rear and side deltoids must be targeted if aesthetics is the main concern

Disagree.

The guys like jeff nippard address this in videos.

Pressing gives unattractive mark rippetoe type builds with overly developed front delts leading to sloped shoulders ect

Rear and side deltoids must be targeted if aesthetics is the main concern
Sloping shoulders is due to short v shaped clavicles and unideal anatomy of scapula, not due to overdeveloped anterior delts

I think Alphadestiny has some of the best natural shoulders you will find

"natural" :feelshah:

ALEX-LEONIDAS-1024x833.jpg

NATURALLY-ENHANCED-AD-1024x754.jpg

he's like 5'4", sub 14% bf and over 170 lbs. Most dudes at his height and level of leanness barely touch 140, let alone 170 or so.

Last edited:
"natural" :feelshah:

ALEX-LEONIDAS-1024x833.jpg

NATURALLY-ENHANCED-AD-1024x754.jpg

he's like 5'4", sub 14% bf and over 170 lbs. Most dudes at his height and level of leanness barely touch 140, let alone 170 or so.
He's dedicated his life to training, has good genetics for carrying weight (wide shoulders and hips and thick joints), and is short, which makes it easier to have a dense physique. I think there's a good chance he's natty. Doesn't mean any man could achieve the same. BTW he doesn't look like that usually, that is him peaking for short periods.