Since getting my Palate Expanded, my jaw wants to return to it's natural position

6ft4

TFBEM is the Meta
I had an underbite which caused a lack of width in my upper arch relative to lower
I got braces for the underbite which pushed my upper incisors and canines forward and my lower incisors and canines backwards in an attempt to tuck my lower jaw in.
Since it was only 6 of my teeth that were in position to keep my lower jaw tucked and the rest of my teeth had no proper relationship with each other, my lower jaw started to drift forward again even when wearing my retainer many nights per week for years
Rather than my upper incisors sitting infront of the lower ones, they began to sit directly on top meaning they were constantly grinding
I was in a position where a correct bite was impossible, an underbite was impossible and a grinding bite which I had was uncomfortable

Since getting sarpe I still have the same issue, but I feel better when I jut my lower jaw forward since it is that natural position of my bones and now my arches have equal width so it should be the way my bite sits but there are two incisors that get in the way and prevent me from maintaining that bite for any extended period of time
I am getting invisalign soon to bring me back into an underbite before I get the lefort
I thought I was gonna hate worsening the underbite since it is visually unappealing but because it means I will be able to close my mouth with some degree of comfort for the first time in years I am extremely excited about it now

• +1
Reactions: Sens
That's crazy

• Woah
Reactions: CtrlAltDelete