Skin care- worth it?

D

Deleted member 12216

Silver
I got myself a high quality gentle cleanser and a moisturizer. My plan is to shower every night before bed and wash my face with the cleanser and when I'm out of the shower moisturize using a little amount over my damp face.

I am suffering from acne (not cystic but tons of pustules that pop easily but form every day and redness in the inflamed areas) and very oily skin. My skin gets super oily during the day and night.

Last weekend I was in a different city and didn't wash my face for two whole days, not even with water. And my skin looked so calm and good after those two days... I am sure it would get worse if I kept not washing for a longer time though since dead skin builds up. However sebum production seems to stop...

Not sure what I should do, I have skin problems for 2 years now (since 19) and only on my face.

• +1
Reactions: Jeff Lebowski, Htobrother, sly shinkai and 1 other person
If you arent hopping on a skincare then u shouldnt call urself a looksmaxxer mate. Get one asap

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11388, Chinlet Ascension, Htobrother and 3 others
Ye man, skincare and dietmaxxing to fix skin is tough.
My dermt prescribed me a face wash and it caused me hyperpigmentation and didn't work well
I would look into another cleanser

Yea its legit

As you get older skin care becomes more important but its best to start early to minimize development of wrinkles due to environment (sun, cold wind etc.). Get an aloe vera topical face gel, its good for acne and stimulates elastin and collagen production. When you get older you can switch to retin-a which is more for hardcore wrinkle prevention.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11388, Jeff Lebowski and Deleted member 12216
I got myself a high quality gentle cleanser and a moisturizer. My plan is to shower every night before bed and wash my face with the cleanser and when I'm out of the shower moisturize using a little amount over my damp face.

I am suffering from acne (not cystic but tons of pustules that pop easily but form every day and redness in the inflamed areas) and very oily skin. My skin gets super oily during the day and night.

Last weekend I was in a different city and didn't wash my face for two whole days, not even with water. And my skin looked so calm and good after those two days... I am sure it would get worse if I kept not washing for a longer time though since dead skin builds up. However sebum production seems to stop...

Not sure what I should do, I have skin problems for 2 years now (since 19) and only on my face.
watch hyram and dr. dray on youtube. eat clean and exercise. you can read this too: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14odhwjGkPX7IjhDX_KbwyvQPHiPJ5djDlXBkkDcdZGI/edit

Isotretinion to get rid of your acne. Fix your diet. Eat a lot of eggs, fat fish and beef, beef liver etc. And get out in the sun. But tan in moderation. NEVER get burned.

Your skin will look healthier and more youthful than some fag who sits in his room and eats pizza and drinks soda every day who puts tonnes of chemicals in their face morning and evening.

Isotretinion to get rid of your acne. Fix your diet. Eat a lot of eggs, fat fish and beef, beef liver etc. And get out in the sun. But tan in moderation. NEVER get burned.

Your skin will look healthier and more youthful than some fag who sits in his room and eats pizza and drinks soda every day who puts tonnes of chemicals in their face morning and evening.
My diet is exactly like that for over 2 years. I do all you said but never took isotretinoin. My derm was eager to give it to me but I heard horrid things about it destroying gut health and causing hair loss..