Skin is not talked enough about here

D

Deleted member 12216

Silver
Clear, even toned and supple facial skin is an incredible looksmax.
On the other hand oily, red, inflamed, acne ridden skin can absolutely destroy your attractiveness.

I have first hand experience. I started suffering from a very weird case of acne (lots of small pus filled pimples at the same spots over and over again) since age 19 (21 now).

Went from a lot of female attention, positive comments on my looks to absolutely invisible and even getting comments on my pus filled pimples regularly.

Imo I lose at least 2 points with that skin.

Skin is full of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and active pustules. No matter what I do, what I eat, I get new ones every day.

It is sickening, my body is probably telling me to just end it.. why tf do I develop acne at age 19?!

I envy people who naturally have great skin and no matter what, never get a breakout.

• +1
Reactions: Boxingfan, AscendingHero, mulattomaxxer and 7 others
Everyone here knows this, we literally order Retin A from an Indian site where the shipping cost more than the fucking product it self...over for EUcels

triple h GIF

but yes I agree, good skin is easily one of the biggest halo, easily +1PSL if you go from bad skin to good skin

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Nims, AscendingHero and 22 others
On the other hand oily, red, inflamed, acne ridden skin can absolutely destroy your attractiveness.

I have first hand experience. I started suffering from a very weird case of acne (lots of small pus filled pimples at the same spots over and over again) since age 19 (21 now).

Went from a lot of female attention, positive comments on my looks to absolutely invisible and even getting comments on my pus filled pimples regularly.

Skin is full of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and active pustules. No matter what I do, what I eat, I get new ones every day.

It is sickening, my body is probably telling me to just end it.. why tf do I develop acne at age 19?!

I envy people who naturally have great skin and no matter what, never get a breakout.
It is talked about alot though

• +1
Reactions: Vasco-v2, Deleted member 13476, Deleted member 2968 and 4 others
We talk about it all the time

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
Skin is the most basic softmax tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero, mulattomaxxer and 7 others

Don't remember if I asked you or not but is that a Chechen female fighter on your pfp? Or Bosnian?

Everyone here knows this, we literally order Retin A from an Indian site where the shipping cost more than the fucking product it self...over for EUcels

triple h GIF

but yes I agree, good skin is easily one of the biggest halo, easily +1PSL if you go from bad skin to good skin
what's the fucking site? i've been practically begging my doctor for the last 2 months to prescribe

Clear and pale skin is also a failo.
This is why the tall, dark and handsome Mediterranean phenotype is the best. Ideally, skin must be a bit tanned.

• +1
  • WTF
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Vasco-v2, Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero and 2 others

triple h GIF

We? Fill me in. Link me

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
Fd49c108266e008a986c12e4ebcc39e1

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12669 and Deleted member 6785
Which you won't bother mentioning...
Tretinoin is really harsh on the skin especially if the potency is above 0.25% - such as 0.5% or 1.0%. Like the list mentions which you have searched on google, redness, bad skin conditions etc. these are all due to exposure to the sun. For some reason you forgot to use your noggin here, and could of searched up why tretinoin does this, and find out that you can combat against it using more moisturiser, sun screen, and avoiding sunlight when possible, but you didn't somehow, it's remarkable.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
Red light is cope jfl

Anything that encourages collagen is not cope you spastic

I can confirm it first hand you nerdy fucking wannabe on a forum trying to be edgy to impress autists

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10136, bugeye and BrownBoy
Indian site?

View attachment 1226090

And why isn't this mainstream if it's so good like microneedling and red light?

I don't trust diy micro needling, if its done by professional then yes

Retin A is god tier for skin but you still need to use it consistently to see results, along with taking other measures as to not damage your skin in the process

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14274
i've got God awful skin lol
Not even sure what I need at this point
Some sort of lasers or creams or microdermabrasion or something else
Guess I should go too a clinic and just say 'Do what you want to try to make my skin better looking'

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 12216
My genes arent that bad

Skin coloring / undertones are pretty important too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 756
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Are you using anything on your face that contains- fragrance, essential oils or isopropyl myristate,cetyl alcohol? If yes, Try to get rid of those.
Maybe you have fungal acne. Check your products on sezia.com to confirm if they're fungal acne friendly.
Wash your towel and pillow cover every 2 days. Try to stay in a cool environment. Don't eat subhuman oil rich foods, cut down sucrose intake. If you're allergic to dairy products, cut those down too.

Use tretinoin and salicylic acid (don't use both together). After using one of those use vanicream moisturizing skin cream.

You can use pimple patches from cosrx as a spot treatment.

Are you using anything on your face that contains- fragrance, essential oils or isopropyl myristate,cetyl alcohol? If yes, Try to get rid of those.
Maybe you have fungal acne. Check your products on sezia.com to confirm if they're fungal acne friendly.
Wash your towel and pillow cover every 2 days. Try to stay in a cool environment. Don't eat subhuman oil rich foods, cut down sucrose intake. If you're allergic to dairy products, cut those down too.

Use tretinoin and salicylic acid (don't use both together). After using one of those use vanicream moisturizing skin cream.

You can use pimple patches from cosrx as a spot treatment.
I don't use anything but a cool water rinse before bed.

Thanks for the answer, will follow your advice.

• +1
Reactions: bugeye
bro check if you are deficient in zinc

bro check if you are deficient in zinc
I'm not, in fact I got bloodwork done and everything is optimal. Also I have a super healthy lifestyle but my skin is VERY bad. Frustrating.

• +1
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
I'm not, in fact I got bloodwork done and everything is optimal. Also I have a super healthy lifestyle but my skin is VERY bad. Frustrating.
whats your current routine like? also whats the actual condition of your skin. i can help. lemme know if srs about improving

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 12216
whats your current routine like? also whats the actual condition of your skin. i can help. lemme know if srs about improving
Current routine is just eating healthy af and only a quick wash just with cool water before bed. I tried scrubbing my face, popping the pustules everyday and even a basic routine with cleanser and moisturizer but in fact all of that made it worse, especially the exfoliating/cleansing.
The condition is just basic acne according to my dermatologist and she is eager to prescribe me accutane but imo thats not necessary as I don't get deep rooted cysts but superficial pustules.
I have one serious skin condition which is Cholinergic Urticaria(just got it random at 18). I get a red rash and a very painful itchy face for like 10 minutes whenever my body temperature raises a little. That means I am not able to go through the day without taking an antihistamine every morning. Even with antihistamines I can't workout efficiently.

Thats about it. I don't think those two conditions are linked.
I think my facial acne is linked to a messed up microbiome on my skin, it is 100 procent caused by bacteria. My skin isn't even that oily+ I get the pustules on the same spots over and over again.

okay brah short answer, read Clear Skin by Kenneth Flandermeyer MD

as for the info you've given me,

Current routine is just eating healthy af
eating healthy, working out, sauna, steam room, cold showers can only help so much in terms of skin condition. because while youre getting healthy, it takes time to detox your body from all the shit thats accumulated over the years (2-4 years maybe). i say this also from anecdote, because i ate super healthy and my skin started flaring up even more. i know people don't think this is true, but i believe this is the case since my diet was absolutely pristine. not to mention all the environmental factors outside your controls in terms of air quality, shit in HVAC equipment, water - thats all physical / matter; what about stress from work / study / cortisol etc?

so application of medication on spots is 100% neccessary in the meanwhile, otherwise hyperpigmentation accumulates and even if you have just a few active spots, the skin looks like a trainwreck overall.

quick wash just with cool water before bed. I tried scrubbing my face, popping the pustules everyday and even a basic routine with cleanser and moisturizer but in fact all of that made it worse, especially the exfoliating/cleansing.
The condition is just basic acne according to my dermatologist and she is eager to prescribe me accutane but imo thats not necessary as I don't get deep rooted cysts but superficial pustules.
yeah so don't do that. and theres no need for any face wash either. try using the mildest soap like dove / some baby soap or whatever. beacuse there is no time for the actives from a face wash to work on the skin in the very few seconds it stays on it. so face wash is a meme and the whole thing is fucking marketing. the objective with washing your face is ONLY to remove any residual oil and other shit like dead skin cells FOR the actives to work. if your soap / wash does anything else to your skin, ditch it asap. and the actives you're gonna be using are clindamycin 1% gel and bemzoyl peroxide 5% gel in 1:1 ratio on spots. (this is cookie cutter advice from what works for me as well as many people that have had success with my advice, once you read the book you'll have perfect understanding in terms of what actives to use). youre gonna start this regimen on spots in the morning and increase frequency OR strength depenmding on if acne still persists. ie, you'll wash your face again at noon, and then applly the actives again. this only takes care of active acne.

if it perists again, you'll increase the strength of the actives and then increase the frequency again. you wont need it though. read about that shit in detail in the book.

in terms of the shit under your skin thats actually causing the acne which is dead skin and / or oil blocking the pore and then mixing with oil and bacteria to form pustules, you need to be removing the top layers of the skin more frequently to sort of regenrate the breatability of skin so to speak. ie, exfoliation. for this you're going to use, starting with adapalene (3 months- start with every three days or something and then slowly over the course of around 3-4 weeks incraese frequency by listening to your skin if it can handle it without irritation). and then progress to retin A 0.025 after 3 months when your skin will be "retinized". you'll start introducing retin A again ( like the pattern with starting off adapalene) once every three days or something alternating it with the adapalene listening to irritation. you can buffer the strengths of application by using a moisturizer (be very careful about whats in it, i think something like "the ordinary" that have very few actives works well) . well again thats for you to figure out, because i dont need any mioisturizer since i actually have oily skin.

she is eager to prescribe me accutane but imo thats not necessary as I don't get deep rooted cysts but superficial pustules.
yeah fuck her thats not necessary imo too. thats just gonna dig the well of shit deeper and cause downstream negative effects

Cholinergic Urticaria(just got it random at 18). I get a red rash and a very painful itchy face for like 10 minutes whenever my body temperature raises a little. That means I am not able to go through the day without taking an antihistamine every morning. Even with antihistamines I can't workout efficiently.
im not versed with that condition and how antihistamines interact, sorry about that.

I think my facial acne is linked to a messed up microbiome on my skin, it is 100 procent caused by bacteria. My skin isn't even that oily+ I get the pustules on the same spots over and over again.
yeah you may be right. i used to think that way as well, but that caused me to try to "heal from within". but like i said in the beginning of the post, it takes years and in the meanwhile if you diont take care of the symptoms, scars acculumate and you look like a different person altogether, which is pretty fucked if you ask me jfl. so treat the system, but treat the symptoms too.

i read you have PIH, just use hydroquinone 4%, applied maybe 10 minutes after your night application of adapalene / retin A. that shoud fade almost all scars in 3-4 months max and then you maintain that with kojic acid. so thats that. my skin is better than it was before i had acne, save for the indented scars which ill fix later too with in-clinic procedures. washed away 2-3 years of acne and scarring in 6-7 months, so follow my advice.

also decide in your mind that thats the end of the fucked up skin era in your life. i actually made that decision 6 months ago.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: BrownBoy and Deleted member 12216
okay brah short answer, read Clear Skin by Kenneth Flandermeyer MD

as for the info you've given me,

eating healthy, working out, sauna, steam room, cold showers can only help so much in terms of skin condition. because while youre getting healthy, it takes time to detox your body from all the shit thats accumulated over the years (2-4 years maybe). i say this also from anecdote, because i ate super healthy and my skin started flaring up even more. i know people don't think this is true, but i believe this is the case since my diet was absolutely pristine. not to mention all the environmental factors outside your controls in terms of air quality, shit in HVAC equipment, water - thats all physical / matter; what about stress from work / study / cortisol etc?

so application of medication on spots is 100% neccessary in the meanwhile, otherwise hyperpigmentation accumulates and even if you have just a few active spots, the skin looks like a trainwreck overall.

yeah so don't do that. and theres no need for any face wash either. try using the mildest soap like dove / some baby soap or whatever. beacuse there is no time for the actives from a face wash to work on the skin in the very few seconds it stays on it. so face wash is a meme and the whole thing is fucking marketing. the objective with washing your face is ONLY to remove any residual oil and other shit like dead skin cells FOR the actives to work. if your soap / wash does anything else to your skin, ditch it asap. and the actives you're gonna be using are clindamycin 1% gel and bemzoyl peroxide 5% gel in 1:1 ratio on spots. (this is cookie cutter advice from what works for me as well as many people that have had success with my advice, once you read the book you'll have perfect understanding in terms of what actives to use). youre gonna start this regimen on spots in the morning and increase frequency OR strength depenmding on if acne still persists. ie, you'll wash your face again at noon, and then applly the actives again. this only takes care of active acne.

if it perists again, you'll increase the strength of the actives and then increase the frequency again. you wont need it though. read about that shit in detail in the book.

in terms of the shit under your skin thats actually causing the acne which is dead skin and / or oil blocking the pore and then mixing with oil and bacteria to form pustules, you need to be removing the top layers of the skin more frequently to sort of regenrate the breatability of skin so to speak. ie, exfoliation. for this you're going to use, starting with adapalene (3 months- start with every three days or something and then slowly over the course of around 3-4 weeks incraese frequency by listening to your skin if it can handle it without irritation). and then progress to retin A 0.025 after 3 months when your skin will be "retinized". you'll start introducing retin A again ( like the pattern with starting off adapalene) once every three days or something alternating it with the adapalene listening to irritation. you can buffer the strengths of application by using a moisturizer (be very careful about whats in it, i think something like "the ordinary" that have very few actives works well) . well again thats for you to figure out, because i dont need any mioisturizer since i actually have oily skin.

yeah fuck her thats not necessary imo too. thats just gonna dig the well of shit deeper and cause downstream negative effects

im not versed with that condition and how antihistamines interact, sorry about that.

yeah you may be right. i used to think that way as well, but that caused me to try to "heal from within". but like i said in the beginning of the post, it takes years and in the meanwhile if you diont take care of the symptoms, scars acculumate and you look like a different person altogether, which is pretty fucked if you ask me jfl. so treat the system, but treat the symptoms too.

i read you have PIH, just use hydroquinone 4%, applied maybe 10 minutes after your night application of adapalene / retin A. that shoud fade almost all scars in 3-4 months max and then you maintain that with kojic acid. so thats that. my skin is better than it was before i had acne, save for the indented scars which ill fix later too with in-clinic procedures. washed away 2-3 years of acne and scarring in 6-7 months, so follow my advice.

also decide in your mind that thats the end of the fucked up skin era in your life. i actually made that decision 6 months ago.
Thank you so much, will follow your advice and maybe get the book too!

What I have at home currently is Epiduo, which is basically Adapalene and Benzoylperoxide. I didn't like it as it is super harsh and exfoliates too much, so that my skin gets an oily mess and sun sensitive. I don't like wearing sunscreen.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
Thank you so much, will follow your advice and maybe get the book too!

What I have at home currently is Epiduo, which is basically Adapalene and Benzoylperoxide. I didn't like it as it is super harsh and exfoliates too much, so that my skin gets an oily mess and sun sensitive. I don't like wearing sunscreen.
Yeah epiduo is a smart formulation and is okay for very light pimples. But persistent acne cant be solved with that since adapalene is traditionally used exclusively at night due to the photosensitivity issue. So you wont be able to use that in the morning safely without having the sun sensitivity of adapalene only to get the benefits of benzo. It will irritate. Thats only for acne that can be solved through a single night application of benzo.

so use products separate.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12216
softmaxxes in general arent talked about enough, orb had a transformation so large he mogs peoples surgery transformations...

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and ElySioNs
Good skin, full head of hair and low bodyfat are all basic softmaxxes. Just doing all these things will raise you to normie tier minimum. There is nothing worse then having shit skin texture ngl. Its such a huge descension.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Deleted member 12216