Skincare while growing a beard on minox

Bobelbrah

Bobelbrah

Bo bo
For optimal results, minox should be left on the face for at least 4 hours after being applied. This will obviously interfere with your all so important skincare routine. Those of you who grow beards on minox, how do you manage this problem?

• +1
Reactions: lowenergy7pslmanlet
i was using minox for eyebrows but had to stop cus it would cause a rash around them, im using retin a and various oils and moisturizers

im gonna use minox after skin gets better, skin is way more important

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
I was wondering the same, that's why I haven't started using minox yet.

I use moisturized after shower and minox before bed, thats it. If you are using tret you use it in the middle, before minox.

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
I use moisturized after shower and minox before bed, thats it. If you are using tret you use it in the middle, before minox.
Could you elaborate a bit more? Do you only use minox in the evening? Don't you do skincare in the evening?

Could you elaborate a bit more? Do you only use minox in the evening? Don't you do skincare in the evening?
Everything in the evening yes, i leave few hours in between the shower and the minox.

Everything in the evening yes, i leave few hours in between the shower and the minox.
Do you mean like this?
- No skincare or minox the morning.
- Shower early in evening, skincare.
- Minox right before bed, a couple of hours after the shower/skincare.

Or like this?
- Shower in the morning, then skincare.
- Minox in evening. No skincare.

Last edited:
@TITUS
Edited last post, just in case you didn't see it.

Do you mean like this?
- No skincare or minox the morning.
- Minox right before bed, a couple of hours after the shower/skincare.

Or like this?
- Shower in the morning, then skincare.
- Minox in evening. No skincare.
- Minox before bed, a couple of hours after the shower/skincare.

I shower at the end of the day, do the skin routine and 30 mins-1 hour later do the minox then go to bed 30mins-few hours later.
I do this cause it fits my scheldule not because it's the best thing.
The best thing would probably be to do the skincare at night and minox in the morning after you wash your face and dry it properly, so you dont rub the minox into the pillow. The important thing is to have a routine that you can stick to.

• +1
I apply Minox @ nights like this:
-Cleanse face
-Apply toner (Witch Hazel unscented), wait 1 minute to dry
-Apply minox, wait 15-30 minutes to dry
-Apply moisturizer/cream

Haven't had any new breakouts or changes in skin quality.

• +1
@TITUS @BrickTop
I was under the impression that you can't apply moisturiser or sun screen in conjunction with minox, which you guys seem to be doing. It is encouraging if it works. I wonder where this notion of waiting 4+ hours come from? Anyways, what have your results been like, so far?

Thats exactly why I stopped minox, bc that shit was destroying my skin and I consider skin more important tbh, so now I decided to go clean shaven and just focus on skincare

Plus I would never try to use retin-a along with minox because those are 2 very agressive products

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 4106 and Bobelbrah
Thats exactly why I stopped minox, bc that shit was destroying my skin and I consider skin more important tbh, so now I decided to go clean shaven and just focus on skincare

Plus I would never try to use retin-a along with minox because those are 2 very agressive products
How long did you use minox? And how old are you? Did you do any skincare while on minox?

How long did you use minox? And how old are you? Did you do any skincare while on minox?
For like 4 months
I got really noticeable results, but my skin was very dry to the point of flaking in some areas, I tried to use moisturizer to counter this problem but it didn't work for me. Since I began to apply retin-a I gave up on minox completely cause Im not low inhib enough to use both at the same time, its too risky for me(I have a sensitive skin)

For like 4 months
I got really noticeable results, but my skin was very dry to the point of flaking in some areas, I tried to use moisturizer to counter this problem but it didn't work for me.
What moisturiser did you use? I use Cerave Creme and Vaseline, works really well for dry skin. Just started applying minox, but don't seem to have any skin problems, despite having sensitive skin myself.
Since I began to apply retin-a I gave up on minox completely cause Im not low inhib enough to use both at the same time, its too risky for me(I have a sensitive skin)
Why don't you use tretonin? Works really well with minox as well!

What moisturiser did you use? I use Cerave Creme and Vaseline, works really well for dry skin. Just started applying minox, but don't seem to have any skin problems, despite having sensitive skin myself.

Why don't you use tretonin? Works really well with minox as well!
I used nivea mosturizer cream, but it didnt work for me...my main problem is that my skin is very sensitive, I never tried tretinoin along with minox, its kinda dangerous for me because of my shitty skin genetics

• So Sad