Skinmaxxers, which of these ingredients is preferable?

EdouardManlet

EdouardManlet

Ethnic = Dethnic
So i'm looking through some skincare products to help even out the coloring of my skin, I have narrowed down the products to a couple which share a lot of the same ingredients but they differ in terms of the following:

- product 1 contains Niacinamide and Azelaic acid
- product 2 contains Hydroquinone

Which would be preferable and why?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Do you have acne scars?

Do you have acne scars?

Thought i'd give an update, no I don't have acne scars but I did seem to get more spots these days than a few years back for some reason... and when they fade away they'd always leave some slightly darker brown areas for a good few weeks.

Ended up hopping on product 1, it has transformed my skin in the 2 weeks I have been using it (also includes Tretinoin on top of Niacinamide and Azelaic acid)

Last edited:
Never! Ever! Use Hydroquinone. It's a skin bleacher and can create hyperpigmentation on the face.

What's your skintone? Dark skin and light skin has different needs.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and EdouardManlet
Never! Ever! Use Hydroquinone. It's a skin bleacher and can create hyperpigmentation on the face.

What's your skintone? Dark skin and light skin has different needs.
It's a pale brown, like a typical pashtun I guess. Coloring issues I had were darker areas on either side of the nose, under eyes (wasn't ever too bad though) and red cheeks that wouldn't go away.

Yeah, didn't end up picking option 2 in the end due to the side effects.

Last edited:
use product 1 at night along with a few drops of hylauronic acid for complete moisturization over night, unless bottle directs otherwise

if product 1 contains spf sunscreen, do not use it at night. the sunscreen will make your skin appear whiter.

use product 2 for it's intended purpose if skin lightening is the only use you're looking for.

It's a pale brown, like a typical pashtun I guess. Coloring issues I had were darker areas on either side of the nose, under eyes (wasn't ever too bad though) and red cheeks that wouldn't go away.

Yeah, didn't end up picking option 2 in the end due to the side effects.
Wash you face and use niacinamide in tge morning.

In the evening use mandelic acid to exfoliate , then alpha arbutin , vitamin c and azaleic acid before bed.
This is a powerhouse routine for brown skin, make sure you wear sunscreen.