Sleep on the back or on the underdeveloped side to fix facial asymmetry?

D

Deleted member 17253

Iron
Photo 2022 01 19 17 07 50

Here is my situation. For most of my life, I have slept on my stomach with the right side of my face on the pillow and also chewing on the right. Right now I'm trying to mew on my left side (the one which is underdevelopped) chew on the left side and sleep without a pillow on a bed on my back + turning my head 45° to the left. Also 30 min of facial exercises every day. What else would you recommend? Maybe sleeping on the floor without a pillow to create pressure on the back of the skull or on the left side? Also what are your recommendations on mewing on one side, where exactly should I place my tongue in this case? I have braces which will be removed in 2 months and I will have to wear reatainers, any impact? Thanks

Tape your mouth & try to sleep on back. I personally find it impossible to sleep on the floor unless I knock myself out w depressants.

If you try to overcompensate by only chewing with the other side or something similar you will just further the imbalance. ik from experience.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17253
tbh its barely noticeable. everyone has imperfections. ur not gonna be a model but u look fine

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ManzareK and Deleted member 17253
me taking a headshot in call of duty

2702968 photo 2022 01 19 17 07 50

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: KLESUM and Perfectumbrain
View attachment 1502063

Here is my situation. For most of my life, I have slept on my stomach with the right side of my face on the pillow and also chewing on the right. Right now I'm trying to mew on my left side (the one which is underdevelopped) chew on the left side and sleep without a pillow on a bed on my back + turning my head 45° to the left. Also 30 min of facial exercises every day. What else would you recommend? Maybe sleeping on the floor without a pillow to create pressure on the back of the skull or on the left side? Also what are your recommendations on mewing on one side, where exactly should I place my tongue in this case? I have braces which will be removed in 2 months and I will have to wear reatainers, any impact? Thanks
I don't think assymetries are fixable without surgery, assymetries aren't just present in peoples face but other parts of their bodies as well. I suspect this is somewhat genetic

do the opposite. if you sleep on back you might die :feelsgood:

I don't think assymetries are fixable without surgery, assymetries aren't just present in peoples face but other parts of their bodies as well. I suspect this is somewhat genetic
asymmetry is 100% environmental

• +1
Reactions: Perfectumbrain and ElySioNs