Slow continous rain is more dangerous than hurricanes

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Professor
In my coastal home town small hurricanes are common no body really cares about them. Whenever a warning is given out. People stay indoors for some time and move on. Trees get uprooted, some property gets destroyed but life resumes after 2-3 days what people actually fear in my town is slow moving tropical storms which are more dangerous than hurricanes because it leads to flooding. While hurricanes cayses immediate damage, slow rains persist for days, saturating the ground and swelling rivers. Causing flooding, landslides, and property damage over time, often with little warning.

Hurricanes can lead to short-term flooding, but continuous rain over a large area can cause severe, long-term flooding that affects infrastructure, agriculture, and communities. I still remember how so many people lost their lives and their entire houses got washed away in the floods in the 2010s. It is what people fear the most in my town.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Jova, greywind, n9wiff and 4 others
@Offensive Bias

• +1
Reactions: iloveboobs
god loves me so he put me in a country where a fucking cloud of rain isnt life threatening

he had to make it fair so he took out the sun for winter

• +1
Reactions: greywind, Jason Voorhees and Nick.Harte
I don’t give a fuck about weather

god loves me so he put me in a country where a fucking cloud of rain isnt life threatening

he had to make it fair so he took out the sun for winter
What about blizzards?

• +1
Reactions: iloveboobs
@sportsmogger

• JFL
Reactions: sportsmogger
@Xangsane

Ethnic curry hurricanes are slow and sensual, unlike junky degen western hurricanes

• JFL
Reactions: Entschuldigung, Kroker, haramzada and 2 others
@Xangsane

Ethnic curry hurricanes are slow and sensual, unlike junky degen western hurricanes
How could I forget tagging that nigha and yes and ethnic hurricanes are 10x more dangerous. Hurricane Dorian stalled over the Bahamas, and Typhoon Haiyan moved slowly across the Philippines, causing massive destruction due to prolonged exposure to rain.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Xangsane and n9wiff
How could I forget tagging that nigha and yes and ethnic hurricanes are 10x more dangerous. Hurricane Dorian stalled over the Bahamas, and Typhoon Haiyan moved slowly across the Philippines, causing massive destruction due to prolonged exposure to rain.
Look up Mitch

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
In my coastal home town small hurricanes are common no body really cares about them. Whenever a warning is given out. People stay indoors for some time and move on. Trees get uprooted, some property gets destroyed but life resumes after 2-3 days what people actually fear in my town is slow moving tropical storms which are more dangerous than hurricanes because it leads to flooding. While hurricanes cayses immediate damage, slow rains persist for days, saturating the ground and swelling rivers. Causing flooding, landslides, and property damage over time, often with little warning.

Hurricanes can lead to short-term flooding, but continuous rain over a large area can cause severe, long-term flooding that affects infrastructure, agriculture, and communities. I still remember how so many people lost their lives and their entire houses got washed away in the floods in the 2010s. It is what people fear the most in my town.
Oh yes typhoon gay 1989

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff and Jason Voorhees
@Jova

• JFL
Reactions: Jova, Xangsane and n9wiff
  • +1

• +1
Copr