"Slow Growers" the dirty secret of Hair Transplant Industry?

Agendum

Agendum

Banned
So I got a hair transplant right after the new year and after nearly 10 months I barely got any hair growth. It was FUE as a means of attempting to lower/repair my hairline and filling in the balding corners and making the hairline more squared. I had the "mature hairline" recession that was reflective of the shape of my head (29 yo) but I tried to counter it with a hairline that covered the bald spots I hate so that certain hairstyles can make my head look less tall.

I got 1200 grafts but you wouldnt even be able to tell that I had a transplant! On forums they have practitioners try to reassure men that they're "slow growers" but Im not sure I believe it anymore. I think the hard limit is based on the shape of your cranium at which the scalp sits on. If you have narrow temples and an expanded rear skull, the skin tension doesnt allow the right circulation to supply your low hairline transplants.

Im of the persuasion that the industry tries to heavily suggest the "mature hairline" not because the square hairline is "a feminine one" but because hair survival rate is unlikely on many forehead shapes (As you age your forehead temporal shape gets narrower.) They simply cannot make it work so they try to naturalize the idea that its "feminine" or "not right."

HTs might not be as customizable as one would like to think even if you have plenty of donor hairs and density.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8869, OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 3828 and 3 others

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 8869, AllesScheiße, 98Zdeed98 and 1 other person
so even HTs are cope :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
10 months with barely any growth sounds brutal
what are you thinking of do, going to another surgeon?

• +1
10 months with barely any growth sounds brutal
what are you thinking of do, going to another surgeon?
I cant afford anything else since Im also undergoing MSE treatment (another looksmax that under-delivered.) Hopefully "slow growers" is real and I just need to wait longer but its looking pretty lame.

I bold letters you lazy bastard.
attempting to lower/repair my hairline and filling in the balding corners and making the hairline more squared.

This is all that’s bolded and it makes no sense, did the HT help or not and what does ‘slow grower’ even mean and how does it help?

If you have no growth after 10 months, you had a high follicle transect rate. FUE has a transectional rate of 1-30% depending on the doctor. Compared to FUT 1-5%. Good thing is, you maybe can just be a slow grower and 2 months from now you will sprout. What doctor did the procedure, who took out the grafts, did they look at the grafts under a microscope and lastly, who made the incisison sites and who placed them in your head.

If you paid less then 2k for a hair transplant and went to turkey odds are, it was the techs doing all of the work and hence the low growth rate. My friend did just this, and sadly, it didn't turn out so well. He won't let me share his results, but i can ask him to send you them if hes comfortable.

• +1
Reactions: stressftw and Agendum
If you have no growth after 10 months, you had a high follicle transect rate. FUE has a transectional rate of 1-30% depending on the doctor. Compared to FUT 1-5%. Good thing is, you maybe can just be a slow grower and 2 months from now you will sprout. What doctor did the procedure, who took out the grafts, did they look at the grafts under a microscope and lastly, who made the incisison sites and who placed them in your head.

If you paid less then 2k for a hair transplant and went to turkey odds are, it was the techs doing all of the work and hence the low growth rate. My friend did just this, and sadly, it didn't turn out so well. He won't let me share his results, but i can ask him to send you them if hes comfortable.
I was in LA, I managed to get them down to a large discount on a Saturday by referring my dad on the same day.

The doctor make the incisions and there was 3 techs, 1 that had follicles under the microscope and 2 plugged them in. They kept having to inject lidocaine because I kept metabolizing it so quick (it hurt like a butch.)

I cant afford anything else since Im also undergoing MSE treatment (another looksmax that under-delivered.) Hopefully "slow growers" is real and I just need to wait longer but its looking pretty lame.
Please don't tell me you fell for the MSE meme. Only time you should use MSE is if your upper palate is smaller than your lower one. MSE is gigacope for aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: Slayerino
Can you elaborate on your MSE experience?

Please don't tell me you fell for the MSE meme. Only time you should use MSE is if your upper palate is smaller than your lower one. MSE is gigacope for aesthetics.
I did but I also needed it for functional reasons since I had a narrow palate and subhuman giga-crowded teeth. Buccal corridors and such.

Can you elaborate on your MSE experience?
It was a shit experience, 2 MSEs failed to split and the 3rd was regular. My lower IMW was a hard limit to how much I could expand:feelswhy:
I wanted to do it to truly evaluate if its a looksmax meme or not
|It is a meme|

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, LooksJourney and Deleted member 7725
Fuck bro, I remember you pming me about this when you first got it done. Sorry to hear you haven’t had regrowth. Your scalp tension theory is interesting. I’m guessing you have an outward grown occiput?

• +1
I was in LA, I managed to get them down to a large discount on a Saturday by referring my dad on the same day.

The doctor make the incisions and there was 3 techs, 1 that had follicles under the microscope and 2 plugged them in. They kept having to inject lidocaine because I kept metabolizing it so quick (it hurt like a butch.)
Hi sir, thanks for reply. Can you private message me your doctor? or post it here. I can tell really quickly if he's good with some quick searches. His post op results, if he can do both FUT and FUE, his reviews, the amount of techs he has, and if they're in house etc and so on. I have a hair transplant booked this October with Dr. Bloxham. One of the top hair doctors, only issue is it cost an arm and a leg.. 1200 grafts is around 9k and up.., and counting. But you get what you pay for.

• +1
That sucks,
I have my transplant this month and I was already pretty sure that i'm gonna get a shit result because i'm getting it done here in teh UK lol (booked it whilst Turkey was a no go due to covid)
I'm already prepared for no growth and investigating surgeons for my 2nd transplant before even getting this one lol

• +1
Hi sir, thanks for reply. Can you private message me your doctor? or post it here. I can tell really quickly if he's good with some quick searches. His post op results, if he can do both FUT and FUE, his reviews, the amount of techs he has, and if they're in house etc and so on. I have a hair transplant booked this October with Dr. Bloxham. One of the top hair doctors, only issue is it cost an arm and a leg.. 1200 grafts is around 9k and up.., and counting. But you get what you pay for.
Ah shit, I think I got Jewed (literally.)

• +1
Reactions: Swole bravo
That sucks,
I have my transplant this month and I was already pretty sure that i'm gonna get a shit result because i'm getting it done here in teh UK lol (booked it whilst Turkey was a no go due to covid)
I'm already prepared for no growth and investigating surgeons for my 2nd transplant before even getting this one lol
Private message me your doctor, I'll check his credentials and his results and educational, skill set. If i were you, I wouldn't go for two brother. Try and nail it out of the park with one transplant. Hence why I'm paying alot the first time.

• +1
Reactions: stressftw and Agendum
Private message me your doctor, I'll check his credentials and his results and educational, skill set. If i were you, I wouldn't go for two brother. Try and nail it out of the park with one transplant. Hence why I'm paying alot the first time.
which is your doctor?

which is your doctor?
My doctor is Dr. Bloxham, I stated it above. Dr. Allen Feller and Dr. Bloxham are the two doctors in greater neck NY area. They're both very great, and haven't had a failed or subpar procedure to this date. They only do one patient per day. Hence why it's so expensive ,but you get alot of attention.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope and Agendum
hair fall is correlated with growing hair slower than it normally would. even if you go to a doctor they can tell you how much your hair growth speed has slowed then its original speed

Are you on fin?

Is it even possible to get full density (70+ grafts / cm^2) in 1 sitting? I thought past 30-40 the graft survival rate is very low.

Is it even possible to get full density (70+ grafts / cm^2) in 1 sitting? I thought past 30-40 the graft survival rate is very low.
I'm not a doctor so I'm not sure, I mean elite doctors CAN do that yes, but they wont. Theres so many variables that alot of grafts would die. If you get 50 FU per unit on a young guy, you have a much higher survival rate then on a 55 year old guy.

But, medical literature has shown that 50-60 FU per unit is about the max before it starts to have a high transect rate. Keep in mind, this is with FUT. FUT, yields much higher survival rate then FUE. I'm not against either, it's just the science behind it. You want to match the density, but you don't want to use more then you need. For example, look at the case below. This guy had great hair, around 100 fu per unit in his native hair, the doctor instead of matching it or going above, did 50 which perfectly blends his native hair and he doesn't look like hes thinning or balding.

"https://parjournal.net/article/view...ed,accepted technique in hair transplantation."

"The normal hair density is around 100 units/cm2[24]. In general, the density achieved with hair transplantation is approximately 30-40 units/cm2. Higher density called as dense packing (up to 60 units/cm2) can be achieved with high viability rate"

I did but I also needed it for functional reasons since I had a narrow palate and subhuman giga-crowded teeth. Buccal corridors and such.

It was a shit experience, 2 MSEs failed to split and the 3rd was regular. My lower IMW was a hard limit to how much I could expand:feelswhy:
I wanted to do it to truly evaluate if its a looksmax meme or not
|It is a meme|
yo i know this is old. but did MSE at least give you wider palate and better smile so that when you smile you can see more teeth?

also what about lip support?

And i heard mse doesn’t give much aesthetic benefit but it does help with functional benefit like easier time nose breathing and expanded airways. was this true for you?

Did you get any CT scans

So I got a hair transplant right after the new year and after nearly 10 months I barely got any hair growth. It was FUE as a means of attempting to lower/repair my hairline and filling in the balding corners and making the hairline more squared. I had the "mature hairline" recession that was reflective of the shape of my head (29 yo) but I tried to counter it with a hairline that covered the bald spots I hate so that certain hairstyles can make my head look less tall.

I got 1200 grafts but you wouldnt even be able to tell that I had a transplant! On forums they have practitioners try to reassure men that they're "slow growers" but Im not sure I believe it anymore. I think the hard limit is based on the shape of your cranium at which the scalp sits on. If you have narrow temples and an expanded rear skull, the skin tension doesnt allow the right circulation to supply your low hairline transplants.

Im of the persuasion that the industry tries to heavily suggest the "mature hairline" not because the square hairline is "a feminine one" but because hair survival rate is unlikely on many forehead shapes (As you age your forehead temporal shape gets narrower.) They simply cannot make it work so they try to naturalize the idea that its "feminine" or "not right."

HTs might not be as customizable as one would like to think even if you have plenty of donor hairs and density.
I never understood why people just dont apply minoxidil on the areas that are transplanted

Fuck Melvin from hairrestorationnetwork.com

yo i know this is old. but did MSE at least give you wider palate and better smile so that when you smile you can see more teeth?

also what about lip support?

And i heard mse doesn’t give much aesthetic benefit but it does help with functional benefit like easier time nose breathing and expanded airways. was this true for you?

Did you get any CT scans
Screenshot 187
Screenshot 180

Lip support is mostly about maxilla projection and the rotation of the zygos. If you have downturned zygos it doesnt matter how much expansion you have

These are my afters but I havnt finished Invisalign yet. The asthetic changes werent really worth it but I also did it for breathing reasons.

HT for Most people is cope. HT Can ascend U If U r the ideal candidate with ideal Donor and thick Hair and If you arent norwood lvl 99. Most people should start with Fin and minox and HT should be the very Last Option. Hell I would try Dut before HT.
For HT to be susscesful U need to be the ideal candidate which Most people arent