Slow vs Rapid MSE?

D

Deleted member 4715

Iron
I Just had a consultation with an orthodontist who said it is possible to do MSE but that he thinks the slow version of MSE is better than the rapid one. Previously i didnt even know that there was a slow MSE. How would this affect the results especially in the zygomatic arch?
Also how can you convince someone to expand the full 10mm

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Romnel and MentalistKebab
watching this thread coz I wanna know too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4715
Slow is indeed better bc you can use the Facepuller longer

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 4715
Slow is indeed better bc you can use the Facepuller longer
Good point, but will there be enough force on the zygomaticotemporal suture to increase zygomatic width?

• +1
Reactions: Romnel and Deleted member 4715
i think it's less turns and the first version of mse.

Good point, but will there be enough force on the zygomaticotemporal suture to increase zygomatic width?
as long as u split the midpalatal suture u will get zygoma width

• +1
how many months you need to fully recover from mse ?

• +1
how many months you need to fully recover from mse ?
As far as I'm aware it's less than 3 months for expansion and then recovery is however long it takes to close the tooth gap (usually takes 6-12 months I think) but the only unpleasant bit is at the start before the suture is broken. Nothing like an osteonomy where there's swelling and pain and a gradual recovery.
That's my impression anyway, but I'm not very knowledgeable on it tbh.

• +1
i think it's less turns and the first version of mse.

as long as u split the midpalatal suture u will get zygoma width
Less turns = less expansion?

How long would MSE be used? Prep, installation and the finish. 6 months with rapid expansion?

• +1

Attachments

• E9786D52-CBC6-477E-B502-4A854A63EC43.jpeg
    E9786D52-CBC6-477E-B502-4A854A63EC43.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 36
  • +1
So is the left one the slow version? And do orthodontotists always expand to the full capacity of the appliance? Btw. can you send a link to that website? Thanks

So is the left one the slow version? And do orthodontotists always expand to the full capacity of the appliance? Btw. can you send a link to that website? Thanks
left one is the old version of mse, less rapid and smaller capacity. it's up to you if u wanna expand fully, u might need mandible expansion tho.

actually nvm it says the old version is faster

Last edited:
  • +1
left one is the old version of mse, less rapid and smaller capacity. it's up to you if u wanna expand fully, u might need mandible expansion tho.

actually nvm it says the old version is faster
What do you mean when you say it is up to me if I want to expand fully? Say, an Orthodontist thinks of expanding only 6mm, how would you convince him to expand further?

What do you mean when you say it is up to me if I want to expand fully? Say, an Orthodontist thinks of expanding only 6mm, how would you convince him to expand further?
it's ur money

• +1
Reactions: 000