So does chewing work to increase jawline quality or add width to the face or is it all broscience?

StudyHacks

StudyHacks

Banned
What I've started doing is chewing for 30 minutes on each side using 5 pieces of sugarfree orbit (brand) gum every other day.

Would this work? And how fast should I expect the results to appear?

It works by working jaw muscles. It takes a year of chewing gum everyday

What I've started doing is chewing for 30 minutes on each side using 5 pieces of sugarfree orbit (brand) gum every other day.

Would this work? And how fast should I expect the results to appear?

Broscience mainly. In theory it works your masseter muscles and according to lookism "bros" this is gonna hypertrophy your jaw. In real life you will get such extremely minimal to non existent hypertrophy due to the underlying muscle fiber composition of the masseters muscles that it simply is just not worth it. Remember, the masseter muscle for its weight is one of the strongest muscles in the body simply because it acts on such a short lever arm (due to its attachment points!) however in terms of fiber composition it is super rich in Type I oxidative fibers (very limited hypertrophy potential) that makes it best suited for prolonged low magnitude contractions. Same thing with your abdominal muscles (rectus abdom), in theory doing crunches etc will hypertrophy your muscles, but in real life such hypetrophy is minimal and any gains you get in real life will be from reductions in bodyfat.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SHARK and androidcel
Broscience mainly. In theory it works your masseter muscles and according to lookism "bros" this is gonna hypertrophy your jaw. In real life you will get such extremely minimal to non existent hypertrophy due to the underlying muscle fiber composition of the masseters muscles. Remember, the masseter muscle for its weight is one of the strongest muscles in the body simply because it acts on such a short lever arm (due to its attachment points!) however in terms of fiber composition it is super rich in Type I oxidative fibers (very limited hypertrophy potential) that makes it best suited for prolonged low magnitude contractions. Same thing with your abdominal muscles (rectus abdom), in theory doing crunches etc will hypertrophy your muscles, but in real life such hypetrophy is minimal and any gains you get in real life will be from reductions in bodyfat.
So what could I do that's not surgery related to increase my face width and jawline?

Nothing. Zero.

Nothing. Zero.
So only surgery (wrap around jaw implants) right?
@Nibba @dogtown @BeautifulBones @future chadlite @Insomniac

I need your intakes fellas, thx

• +1
Reactions: dodt
You cannot make your actual mandible wider if that's what your asking. It is what it is. Yes only implants will give such an illusion. Chewing is major cope, it sounds logical at the start (I will hypertrophy my masseters!) and you are free to try of course (hope dies last etc) but just don't be surprised if after a year you look the same. That's all I am trying to say, I am not trying to deter anyone.

You cannot make your actual mandible wider if that's what your asking. It is what it is. Yes only implants will give such an illusion. Chewing is major cope, it sounds logical at the start (I will hypertrophy my masseters!) and you are free to try of course (hope dies last etc) but just don't be surprised if after a year you look the same. That's all I am trying to say, I am not trying to deter anyone.
So only implants, got it. How long does an implant last tho? Do they have to be changed, say, every 4-6 years? Or can you have one implant for the rest of your life?

Plastic surgery is not my specialty. I do not know how to answer technicalities in this area. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon for best results.

Plastic surgery is not my specialty. I do not know how to answer technicalities in this area. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon for best results.

Then how do you explain the Matt stonie ( pro eater) case pls

Attachments

• 5493834290_c940b2b2fa_b.jpg
    5493834290_c940b2b2fa_b.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Matt%20%283%29.jpg
    Matt%20%283%29.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 186
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 213
  • PhPOnto.jpg
    PhPOnto.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 221
Then how do you explain the Matt stonie ( pro eater) case pls

People like @DrTony have never read books like The Story of The Human Body by Matthew Liberman or Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston Price.

They have a bunch of modern studies making them willfully blind to the past we evolved to live in. That's why I know when he finally makes a response about why T levels and Sperm Count have been dropping his answer won't be conclusive.

Although he might never answer ? People have tried to call me out on my knowledge , but I've always provided something closely approximating truth. When i ask questions on people's knowledge they usually don't answer back.

I'm still waiting on @justanothergymcell to tell me the 4 tier's of his application that he's making for his "client"

I'm still waiting on @Dude420 to give me conclusive evidence on personality being only a minor part of attraction in a face to face sober context

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: RAITEIII, hairyballscel, Ropemaxing and 1 other person