So tooth extractions affect your face at all?

ballskin

ballskin

Checkout any time you like.But you can never leave
orthos claim it won’t but some anecdotal evidence points to it receding the jaw a little bit.

depends

if its your front teeth then no but if its your molars, k-nines or wisdom teeth yes over time

• +1
Reactions: ballskin
depends

if its your front teeth then no but if its your molars, k-nines or wisdom teeth yes over time
How about premolars and how much would would it recede the jaw

bro .. I got a tooth extracted when I was 15 and now I'm 16.5 and my face is asymmetrical and I don't know if it's due to the extraction (I've also been coping with mewing during this time)

How about premolars and how much would would it recede the jaw
it probably takes decades for the effects from the tooth extraction to actually show a noticeable difference

• +1
Can mess up your bite, symmetry, even the jawbone may shrink.

• +1
Just observing myself and others wisdom teeth if removed at 18+ don't seem to do anything but other teeth if removed and nothing put in there will negatively affect your face and sometimes a lot.

• +1
Teeth loss afect oclusion there for will afect your jaw shape, I have this because of my teeth problems. Will not cause rapid changes If You are pass 18-19 when the jaw stop growing, but with time sure will be losses in the bone. Dentestry recomand replaceing a lost tooth in 6 mouths max, but I don't but IT, still will cause chances with time nevertheless, check Wolf's law for better understanding.

if you've finished growing then no, teeth removal usually effects the face when you're young and still growing

Premolar extractions with braces after when you are still growing fucks up ur jaws

• +1
get an implant or sometbing or your face starts to collapse. Mewing can help

bro .. I got a tooth extracted when I was 15 and now I'm 16.5 and my face is asymmetrical and I don't know if it's due to the extraction (I've also been coping with mewing during this time)
lol your palate is narrow asf if you need tooth extractions

For some it doesn't affect face others it does.

the amount of disinformation in this. thread jfl at the cope of those who were mutilated