Sodium/Potassium for Debloating

oliverg

oliverg

Iron
I know sodium flushing is good for debloating, but is drinking water also good? I know that it retains more in your face but it flushes the sodium out. I have salt based electrolytes that have potassium, sodium, etc. but want to know if I should stop taking them as often (twice a day) for debloating.

Yes, drinking water is good. See it like this, if you drink too little water, your body goes into alarm mode and thinks you might be dying of dehydration. Now what does it do if it thinks you're not drinking enough water? It holds on to the water it has, with greater force. So, instead of less bloat, and water retention, you'll now suffer more.

Eliminating sodium isn't an option, your body needs it to function. The electrolytes you're taking are important for maintaining the proper fluid-electrolyte balance in your body. Potassium, in particular, can help combat and balance the effects of sodium and reduce water retention

My advice; go for a balancing approach. Maintain consistent hydration (use calculators online to see what this would be for you), keep your electrolyte intake, but slightly adjust if you feel it is excessive, focus on foods rich in potassium to balance out the sodium intake, and lastly avoid processed foods which often contain a lot of hidden sodium.

• +1
Reactions: Dodevu
horrible thread you should rope

• +1
Reactions: oliverg