Solution to downward growth

Mechanistically, increased mastication induced Insulin–like growth factor (IGF)-1 and suppressed sclerostin in osteocytes. IGF-1 enhanced osteoblastogenesis of the cells derived from tendon. Together, these findings indicate that the osteocytes balance the cytokine expression upon the mechanical loading of increased mastication, in order to enhance bone formation. This bone formation leads to morphological change in the jawbone, so that the bone adapts to the mechanical environment to which it is exposed.

1. The thickness of the masseter muscle (mean +/- SD) was 15.8 +/- 3.0 mm in the relaxed state and 16.7 +/- 2.7 mm at maximal clenching.
2. Masseter muscle thickness was negatively correlated with the mandibular plane angle.
3. Masseter muscle thickness was positively correlated with the mandibular ramus height (Cd-Go), and the thickness of the alveolar process and that of the mandibular symphysis. It is therefore suggested that masticatory function influences the morphology of the mandible.

There was a statistically significant difference in muscle thickness between subjects of different skeletal patterns. Significant positive correlation between masseter muscle thickness and posterior total face height, jarabak ratio, ramus height, mandibular length and significant negative correlations with mandibular plane angle, gonial angle and PP-MP angle were observed.

Conclusion: This study indicates the strong association between the masseter muscle and skeletal morphology.

MMTC(Masseter muscle thickness relaxed) showed a significant, negative correlation with mandibular plane angle and gonial angle. Posterior facial height, symphysis width, intermolar width of maxillary first molars, maxillary width, and facial width (bizygomatic width) showed significant ( P < 0.05 or P < 0.01) positive correlation.
Conclusion:
The masseter muscle thickness varied among the three vertical dentofacial patterns and sexual dimorphism also existed except in the hyperdivergent group. Masseter muscle thickness was found to be negatively correlated to vertical facial pattern and positively associated with transverse craniofacial morphology.

A significant association was found between mandibular shape and muscle CSAs, i.e. larger CSAs are associated with a wider more trapezoidal ramus, more massive coronoid, more rectangular body and a more curved basal arch. Linear measurements yielded low correlations with muscle CSAs. In conclusion, this study demonstrates an association between mandibular muscle force and mandibular shape, which is not as readily identified from linear measurements. Retrodiction of masticatory muscle force and so of mandibular loading is therefore best based on overall mandibular shape.
so where do I chew, on the back of my teeth? do I have to do a certain motion?

how many hours? can I chew small pieces of gum like 3-5 pieces? can I chew like 3 pieces for 5 hours a day?

Mechanistically, increased mastication induced Insulin–like growth factor (IGF)-1 and suppressed sclerostin in osteocytes. IGF-1 enhanced osteoblastogenesis of the cells derived from tendon. Together, these findings indicate that the osteocytes balance the cytokine expression upon the mechanical loading of increased mastication, in order to enhance bone formation. This bone formation leads to morphological change in the jawbone, so that the bone adapts to the mechanical environment to which it is exposed.

1. The thickness of the masseter muscle (mean +/- SD) was 15.8 +/- 3.0 mm in the relaxed state and 16.7 +/- 2.7 mm at maximal clenching.
2. Masseter muscle thickness was negatively correlated with the mandibular plane angle.
3. Masseter muscle thickness was positively correlated with the mandibular ramus height (Cd-Go), and the thickness of the alveolar process and that of the mandibular symphysis. It is therefore suggested that masticatory function influences the morphology of the mandible.

There was a statistically significant difference in muscle thickness between subjects of different skeletal patterns. Significant positive correlation between masseter muscle thickness and posterior total face height, jarabak ratio, ramus height, mandibular length and significant negative correlations with mandibular plane angle, gonial angle and PP-MP angle were observed.

Conclusion: This study indicates the strong association between the masseter muscle and skeletal morphology.

MMTC(Masseter muscle thickness relaxed) showed a significant, negative correlation with mandibular plane angle and gonial angle. Posterior facial height, symphysis width, intermolar width of maxillary first molars, maxillary width, and facial width (bizygomatic width) showed significant ( P < 0.05 or P < 0.01) positive correlation.
Conclusion:
The masseter muscle thickness varied among the three vertical dentofacial patterns and sexual dimorphism also existed except in the hyperdivergent group. Masseter muscle thickness was found to be negatively correlated to vertical facial pattern and positively associated with transverse craniofacial morphology.

A significant association was found between mandibular shape and muscle CSAs, i.e. larger CSAs are associated with a wider more trapezoidal ramus, more massive coronoid, more rectangular body and a more curved basal arch. Linear measurements yielded low correlations with muscle CSAs. In conclusion, this study demonstrates an association between mandibular muscle force and mandibular shape, which is not as readily identified from linear measurements. Retrodiction of masticatory muscle force and so of mandibular loading is therefore best based on overall mandibular shape.
but it's impossible to modify the growth forward, because the bones of the skull (at the top, occiput etc) are hard and are no longer malleable. When we are small, child, bones (and not just those of the maxilla) are all weak like plasticine and that's when chewing is very important. I don't think chewing will change anything except if you connect MSE in your mouth for 10 years and that you chew falim gum 1 hour a day

Last edited:
so where do I chew, on the back of my teeth? do I have to do a certain motion?
if you want the changes outlined, then yes, chew with molars

premolars and canines aswell

chew in an upward motion with little side to side movement, and make sure your teeth come into contact through the gum when you chew

• +1
Reactions: UNYIELDING TRUECEL and Deleted member 10172
but it's impossible to modify the growth forward,
what?

chewing wont do much for forward growth, im not arguing that it will, maybe a little bit for mandible but not much, if anything for maxilla
because the bones of the skull (at the top, occiput etc) are hard and are no longer malleable.
this can very easily be changed through drugs/supplements
When we are small, child, bones (and not just those of the maxilla) are all weak like plasticine and that's when chewing is very important. I don't think chewing will change anything except if you connect MSE in your mouth for 10 years and that you chew falim gum 1 hour a day
cope

people see changes from chewing well into adulthood

the only thing inhibting results is rate of bone remodelling which is very easy to modify

• +1
Reactions: UNYIELDING TRUECEL and Magnum Opus
Pretty much.
I always thought this
Here for instance you can advance your whole midface + zygos + nasolabial folds and perhaps even make the maxilla look more forward grown
3 Custom Midface Mask Implant design front view Dr Barry Eppley Indianapolis 1

what?

chewing wont do much for forward growth, im not arguing that it will, maybe a little bit for mandible but not much, if anything for maxilla

cope

the only thing inhibting results is rate of bone remodelling which is very easy to modify
dude its been almost 1 year since i expected a real result and apart gain facial muscle of the face, i have never seen any bone change now. If you show me this could surely help me and others. It takes proof, you know.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172
dude its been almost 1 year since i expected a real result and apart gain facial muscle of the face, i have never seen any bone change now. If you show me this could surely help me and others. It takes proof, you know.
How many hours a day did u chew? Where did u chew and how many pieces

How many hours a day did u chew? Where did u chew and how many pieces
for 1 month i chewed chisell 30 minutes / days. Then I started to eat falim gum (1 piece and I cooled it with water to make it hard) and that for 5 months (with a good alimentation). My mandible had a big gain and also fwhr changed, but my bones remained the same. I add to that the mewing and the perfect posture, as well as nasal breathing at night without a cushion. Nothing

• +1
for 1 month i chewed chisell 30 minutes / days. Then I started to eat falim gum (1 piece and I cooled it with water to make it hard) and that for 5 months (with a good alimentation). My mandible had a big gain and also fwhr changed, but my bones remained the same. I add to that the mewing and the perfect posture, as well as nasal breathing at night without a cushion. Nothing
Wait if ur fwhr changed and mandible changed then what’s the problem?

So ur face got wider?

what the fuck man

Wait if ur fwhr changed and mandible changed then what’s the problem?

So ur face got wider?

what the fuck man
the face contains muscles, muscle = / = bone
The mandible is a muscle, it's obvious, isn't it? What is it that is so hard to understand :lul::lul:
It's normal to have a larger face from chewing gum, but the difference with the bones is that if you stop you lose the gains and your face will always be recessed.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Deleted member 10172
The mandible is a muscle, it's obvious, isn't it? What is it that is so hard to understand :lul::lul:
It's normal to have a larger face from chewing gum, but the difference with the bones is that if you stop you lose the gains and your face will always be recessed.
Ohh

but wouldn’t it be permanent because ur muscles are still strong

ur not gonna lose all of the gains

just keep chewing anyways

• +1
Reactions: Guyinpeace2
I posted multiple peer reviewed studies, that’s my proof

Your proof is ur anecdote which idgaf about

This dog shit response of yours didn’t address anything I said/posted, it literally proves nothing, it’s a fact that the mandible contains no sutures so bone remodelling is what has biggest impact on results

I couldn’t care less about your experience with chewing, your not representative of everyone else

Your chewing anecdote does not refute the peer reviewed papers I posted which proves without a doubt that chewing has massive impact on bone morphology

• +1
Reactions: UNYIELDING TRUECEL, mvp2v1, AscendingHero and 1 other person
Bone can always become more recessed
Jfl at your iq

lurk more

• +1
Reactions: UNYIELDING TRUECEL and Deleted member 10172
Jfl at your iq

lurk more
does it stay permanent? how many times do u chew? can chewing fix recessed chin?

what type of gum do u recommend? and where to chew? how long?

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
does it stay permanent
No, if you get MSE and FM and start mouthbreathing you will lose your gains
You always need to maintain
how many times do u chew?
I stopped chewing, I need the right supplements to gain as much bone change as possible
I don’t have the money right now
can chewing fix recessed chin?
Maybe.
It can CCW rotate your mandible which can make your chin look a bit more projected, but I don’t think it will do much, don’t count it
what type of gum do u recommend
mastic gum
and where to chew?
Depends, what do you want out of chewing?

Try an hour, see how tired your jaw is, if it doesn’t feel too tired, than increase by 20 minutes until it is

start out with that amount for a month, then increase by an half an hour to an hour every month
Take a break on the weekend

• +1
Ohh

but wouldn’t it be permanent because ur muscles are still strong

ur not gonna lose all of the gains

just keep chewing anyways
Of course it's not permanent
I posted multiple peer reviewed studies, that’s my proof

Your proof is ur anecdote which idgaf about

This dog shit response of yours didn’t address anything I said/posted, it literally proves nothing, it’s a fact that the mandible contains no sutures so bone remodelling is what has biggest impact on results

I couldn’t care less about your experience with chewing, your not representative of everyone else

Your chewing anecdote does not refute the peer reviewed papers I posted which proves without a doubt that chewing has massive impact on bone morphology
no proof by picture before after , no credibility to your articles (multiple peer and etc etc). Calling me Low iq won't change the message of cope that you propose.
I have searched for a very long time for results on people, the only results are changes due to MSE which only increase the width of the palate and cheekbones. This is for the moment the real results of all if the studies. Everything else is just guesswork
Believe me, if your articles held up, no one would laugh at the chewing theory on this site.

Last edited:
  • +1
Jfl at your iq

lurk more
It's not because the bones can become recessed over time that it's possible to change the maxilla into ccw. Cope , talking a lot with articles seen on the web is the specialty of this site I noticed. VERY LITTLE PROOF TBH

• +1
no proof by picture before after
there are cephalometric tracings in the paper dumbass
no credibility to your articles (multiple peer and etc etc)
are you seriously retarded?
you can't disprove shit

do not reply again if you cant disprove any of the studies

I have searched for a very long time for results on people,
i've literally posted other peoples results on .me, so you're talking shit, stfu tbh
MSE which only increase the width of the palate and cheekbones.
lurk more, MSE does a lot more than this, stop spewing your bullshit
Believe me, if your articles held up, no one would laugh at the chewing theory on this site.
dogshit logic

there are people on here that say HGH at 14 years old wont work, there are ppl here that say bimax is cope

are they also correct?

your dumb asf, kys if you can't disprove the aformentioned studies

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Guyinpeace2, Deleted member 10172 and AscendingHero
Cope. mewing is the answer. Dont believe me? I can show you my front facing transformation (pm only tho). Only a year of progress aswell its insane
PM pics

there are cephalometric tracings in the paper dumbass

are you seriously retarded?
you can't disprove shit

do not reply again if you cant disprove any of the studies

i've literally posted other peoples results on .me, so you're talking shit, stfu tbh

lurk more, MSE does a lot more than this, stop spewing your bullshit

dogshit logic

there are people on here that say HGH at 14 years old wont work, there are ppl here that say bimax is cope

are they also correct?

your dumb asf, kys if you can't disprove the aformentioned studies
"i've literally posted other peoples results on .me, so you're talking shit, stfu tbh"

Why not show them here, so you get everyone's okay? Are you a sadist? You surely like to clash and look for muddles rather than showing a fking before after

Cope. mewing is the answer. Dont believe me? I can show you my front facing transformation (pm only tho). Only a year of progress aswell its insane
I would like to see this in pm too :think:

what?

cope

Good supplements for mse chewing?

I don't understand why anyone would want to have a face full of FOD (Foreign Object Debris).

Realistically you cannot improve your ramus gonial angle and widen jaw with BSSO.

Dr Sailer adds implants to his results to make them look more asethetic.

This is the solution to downward growth
iu

Now she has a ramus, better gonial angle and better jawline with implants.

Front Profile:
Female-Square-Jaw-Angle-Implants-result-frnt-view-Dr-Barry-Eppley-Indianapolis.jpg

I think the reason why people say jaw implants are so shit, is because they aren't solving the downward growth problem.

The lower the gonial angle, the better the ramus making it more attractive.

Look how much she changed with just implants.

I realistically don't think bimax is worth it for asethetics, and might just go the implant route.

chin implants are really bad, and also they don't last forever as as you age.

So Vertical Mandibular Plane Implants + Genioplasty = Aesthetic Jaw

For better breathing if thats what u want, MSE

I don't think it's possible to reach those results with surgery, and I seen them all.

Just get Jaw Implants + Genioplasty to solve the lower third
that doesnt solve downward growth at all, the face will still be vertically big.

this isnt a solution, it covers the problem, it does nothing to actually solve it

best thing for a downward grown jaw is bimax with ccw or chewing
how long would it take to fix downward growth via chewing and mewing?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
Realistically you cannot improve your ramus gonial angle and widen jaw with BSSO.

Dr Sailer adds implants to his results to make them look more asethetic.

This is the solution to downward growth
iu

Now she has a ramus, better gonial angle and better jawline with implants.

Front Profile:
Female-Square-Jaw-Angle-Implants-result-frnt-view-Dr-Barry-Eppley-Indianapolis.jpg

I think the reason why people say jaw implants are so shit, is because they aren't solving the downward growth problem.

The lower the gonial angle, the better the ramus making it more attractive.

Look how much she changed with just implants.

I realistically don't think bimax is worth it for asethetics, and might just go the implant route.

chin implants are really bad, and also they don't last forever as as you age.

So Vertical Mandibular Plane Implants + Genioplasty = Aesthetic Jaw

For better breathing if thats what u want, MSE

I don't think it's possible to reach those results with surgery, and I seen them all.

Just get Jaw Implants + Genioplasty to solve the lower third
bimax + zygo shaving zygo implants to change angle + infra + genio