Some questions abt temple fillers

curryslayerordeath

curryslayerordeath

Not Knowledgeable
I have a pretty gay alien skull with narrow/flat zygos atm so I can't ask some injector cuz I don't have this issue yet, but its of future interest.

-Where is the filler actually distributed along the temple area? Could there be a discrepancy between the temporal and parietal regions (would hair cover this up)?

-If someone expands the more forward facing part of their zygomatic arch (through other ways), could filler be injected in the posterior portions and along the forehead to keep it streamlined?

-Any risks of migration/bloating?

-Basically is something like this possible?

idk why the image formatting got fucked up

@RealSurgerymax @_Eriicc @forwardgrowth

• +1
Reactions: sytyl and forwardgrowth
Want to know this bullshit too. Cant u do fat transfer too for permanent results. @RealSurgerymax

• +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath
Want to know this bullshit too. Cant u do fat transfer too for permanent results. @RealSurgerymax

ye i recall u having this. if u could widen ur temples/forehead to match ur zygos, it would be much better than reduction.

• +1
Reactions: RichardwillImprove
temporal implants are a thing and i think they can help with too big of zygos or a narrow temple

• +1
ye i recall u having this. if u could widen ur temples/forehead to match ur zygos, it would be much better than reduction.
I agree but I don’t want fillers lol my face will become barret.

• +1
I have a pretty gay alien skull with narrow/flat zygos atm so I can't ask some injector cuz I don't have this issue yet, but its of future interest.

-Where is the filler actually distributed along the temple area? Could there be a discrepancy between the temporal and parietal regions (would hair cover this up)?

-If someone expands the more forward facing part of their zygomatic arch (through other ways), could filler be injected in the posterior portions and along the forehead to keep it streamlined?

-Any risks of migration/bloating?

-Basically is something like this possible?

View attachment 749428View attachment 749430

idk why the image formatting got fucked up

@RealSurgerymax @_Eriicc @forwardgrowth

The filler is placed in the different fascial layers or even intramuscularly into the temporalis

There would be no discrepancy between temple and parietal region because the filler could be placed in both if needed and many custom temple implants really are more of a parietal implant.

Yes it could but I don’t like filler for skeletal augmentation let me make that clear.

Yes there is a huge “risk” of filler blowing and migration If the filler was intended to augment a pinpoint skeletal feature . Over time it’s basically guaranteed. Fillers should be for soft tissue filling (nasolabial folds, facial wasting etc.)

Yes the morph is possible through temple augmentation either by filler, fat grafting, or temple / tempo-parietal implant.

Yes.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: curryslayerordeath, johncruz12345, Administrator and 1 other person
Filler is an effective tool in restoring volume in the temporal hollows. It's an often underestimated, and overlooked, treatment.

There are two different ways that filler is injected into the temple. A cannula can be used to inject product into the superficial layers of the skin, or a needle can be used to inject product directly onto the periosteum (which, when seen, does look pretty gruesome).

It's important to keep the transition of facial features balanced and linear, which is why the temple is typically filled simultaneously with the forehead, and the zygomatic cheek bone. Cosmetic injectors refer to this as the Ogee Curve, which involves blending in the transitional planes of the lateral eyebrow, the temple, and the cheekbone. This aesthetic is what contributes to a healthy, youthful, and attractive appearance.

If product is injected onto the temporal periosteum, I would say that there's very little concern of actual filler migration. The concept of filler migration is often confused with the continual hydrophilic process of hyaluronic acid, which continues to retain water over time - which can essentially 'spread out' or 'flatten' the filler. If you have a temporal hollow, and need to restore volume in this area, then you will actually benefit from the continual water retention. True product migration - when the product shifts from where it was initially injected - is quite a rare occurrence. But if product is injected directly onto the temporal periosteum, it's essentially 'trapped' under the temporal fascia.

I'm not sure if you're referring to using filler to restore temporal hollowing, or if you're referring to actually augmenting the facial skull. Dermal fillers are not intended for this. A cranial implant would be a more appropriate solution.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: sytyl, curryslayerordeath and Administrator
How much you plan to add to your bizygo? I was thinking about it too. I dont want to have weird looking bumps on sides of face after cheekbone and jaw widening. My case is probably more complicated than yours tho... I need like 12mm in total (6mm on each side) at least.

• +1
Filler is an effective tool in restoring volume in the temporal hollows. It's an often underestimated, and overlooked, treatment.

There are two different ways that filler is injected into the temple. A cannula can be used to inject product into the superficial layers of the skin, or a needle can be used to inject product directly onto the periosteum (which, when seen, does look pretty gruesome).

It's important to keep the transition of facial features balanced and linear, which is why the temple is typically filled simultaneously with the forehead, and the zygomatic cheek bone. Cosmetic injectors refer to this as the Ogee Curve, which involves blending in the transitional planes of the lateral eyebrow, the temple, and the cheekbone. This aesthetic is what contributes to a healthy, youthful, and attractive appearance.

If product is injected onto the temporal periosteum, I would say that there's very little concern of actual filler migration. The concept of filler migration is often confused with the continual hydrophilic process of hyaluronic acid, which continues to retain water over time - which can essentially 'spread out' or 'flatten' the filler. If you have a temporal hollow, and need to restore volume in this area, then you will actually benefit from the continual water retention. True product migration - when the product shifts from where it was initially injected - is quite a rare occurrence. But if product is injected directly onto the temporal periosteum, it's essentially 'trapped' under the temporal fascia.

I'm not sure if you're referring to using filler to restore temporal hollowing, or if you're referring to actually augmenting the facial skull. Dermal fillers are not intended for this. A cranial implant would be a more appropriate solution.

great response ty

Ah seems like I misunderstood what temporal hollows are, I def will not have any aging related problems for a while. Currently I have a kinda tapered narrow face and am looking to widen my palate/midface/zygomatic arch as much as possible, but don't want the bumpy look (like the original Miro but I wouldn't have supermodel tier looks lol).

This woman looks extreme, but it's what piqued my curiosity abt this when I saw it yesterday (doesnt look lens distorted imo).

Have u seen fillers effectively used to widen the forehead/temple region harmoniously on someone with a decent ogee curve?

The filler is placed in the different fascial layers or even intramuscularly into the temporalis

There would be no discrepancy between temple and parietal region because the filler could be placed in both if needed and many custom temple implants really are more of a parietal implant.

Yes it could but I don’t like filler for skeletal augmentation let me make that clear.

Yes there is a huge “risk” of filler blowing and migration If the filler was intended to augment a pinpoint skeletal feature . Over time it’s basically guaranteed. Fillers should be for soft tissue filling (nasolabial folds, facial wasting etc.)

Yes the morph is possible through temple augmentation either by filler, fat grafting, or temple / tempo-parietal implant.

Yes.

interesting, tysm!

Have u seen any bone paste type material used for more subtle results? Seems like it would be a huge surface area if done by an implant (and pretty invasive cuts). Also could u explain rq about how they have the upper third width blend properly with the posterior arch, back of the skull, and ear area?

How much you plan to add to your bizygo? I was thinking about it too. I dont want to have weird looking bumps on sides of face after cheekbone and jaw widening. My case is probably more complicated than yours tho... I need like 12mm in total (6mm on each side) at least.

idk yet (finding out more info was the intention of this thread tbh), but from what ive read, there seems to be abt a 5-6 mm width increase from 10ish mm of skeletal palate expansion. if there was a feasible way of avoiding those weird looking bumps by widening the forehead, then id look for more width via osteotomies (since it would be a simple addition to the forward movement). 12 mm is a very large amt ngl, youd def be left with some discrepancies after that.

great response ty

Ah seems like I misunderstood what temporal hollows are, I def will not have any aging related problems for a while. Currently I have a kinda tapered narrow face and am looking to widen my palate/midface/zygomatic arch as much as possible, but don't want the bumpy look (like the original Miro but I wouldn't have supermodel tier looks lol).

This woman looks extreme, but it's what piqued my curiosity abt this when I saw it yesterday (doesnt look lens distorted imo).
View attachment 750911
Have u seen fillers effectively used to widen the forehead/temple region harmoniously on someone with a decent ogee curve?
Well filler can be used to manipulate light and shadows, so it may be able to help you achieve the aesthetic goal you're seeking. It's difficult to asses without seeing a photo, to be completely honest. You're welcome to privately message me a photo and I'll try to give you as much assistance as I can, brother.

• Love it

@PrestonYnot is it worth it to get temporal fillers like this woman

1603377392098.png

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
@PrestonYnot is it worth it to get temporal fillers like this woman

1603377392098.png
Fillers and fat graphts are great for these areas actually. Since you just need mass there and not angularity.Migration even if it happens is not an issue. Fillers for the jaw is a bad idea tho.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13197
Fillers and fat graphts are great for these areas actually. Since you just need mass there and not angularity.Migration even if it happens is not an issue. Fillers for the jaw is a bad idea tho.
fat is permanent?

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees