Some reasons on why jaw implants often look bad

D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
Jaw implants can look good if you have the right base for them. Majority of people have a bad base for them. Here are some reasons why they often look bad.

1. Narrow jaw naturally comes with a narrow palate. So when you have a narrow jaw+narrow palate and you get implants, especially to increase width, it looks uncanny. This is probably the #1 reason why a lot of jaw implants look ridiculous. There are people (such as myself) with a very wide palate but still average/narrow jaw. Anyway, see the below photo

EfPWPbZXgAACD8K.jpg:large

I am not sure what ratio range is generally good here, but the line in question is below. The ratio of red to blue should not be so low. It looks like you could fit his lips three times side by side, almost like 1:3. Maybe something like 4:9 is better? idk cba to measure that rn. Part of the issue may also be that certain palate widths are often accompanied by certain gonial angles, meaning from the frontal, whether the gonial angle is ideally above, below, or on the same horizontal level as the lips will be different depending on the person. In this guys case the fact the angle is both prominent and below the lips seems to contribute to the uncanny factor

Capture dcran 2023 07 17 130857

2. Having an overall narrow face but a bigonial-bizygomatic ratio that is higher than 1. A bigonial-bizigyomatic ratio higher than 1, usually associated with either flared gonions, relatively laterally flat cheekbones, or some combination of both, is found more frequently on faces with a high FWHR. If you don't have that, it will look uncanny.

This is present in the below photo, and the issue is compounded in the fact that the jaw angle is simultaneously (1) very defined and (2) significantly higher than the lips. These things rarely go hand in hand. His before looks better. He would have done better to maybe get 1/3 of the horizontal projection. As it stands, it almost looks like from the frontal his gonial angle increased. It could also have been his posture in both images, but his neck does not accommodate the jaw in the after while it does in the former. It sometimes even appears as if the left face is wider because of the way it harmonizes with the neck better.

7932fb1ceca8ec6f8d979b69e0db282e.jpg

Jaw implants are so finicky to get right. They should always be done in extreme moderation. Most jaw implants I see needed only a fraction of what they already got. It is a much more finicky area than the upper midface; even in the "worst" looking inframalar-zygomatic arch implants for example, they at least always look within the realm of normal since there the connection between a good upper midface and a good rest-of-the-face seems weaker than the connection between a good mandible and a good rest-of-the-face. The best bimax results I find are often not the result of the particular surgeon and/or larger advancements, but simply because they had a good upper midface (what people are saying without realizing it when they say a pre-bimax person had a "good base").

Most people who think they need a sizeable jaw implant actually need some combination of the following: a small jaw implant, a chin wing, a sliding genioplasty, sarpe, mse, submental liposuction, subplastysmal pliation. If you are a rare case of someone with a bad jaw and a good palate, it is more feasible, but you would want to ensure the resulting angle aligns ideally with the plane of your lips--what that ideal alignment may look like for you, I don't know.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: inwardgonionscel, WanderingBurro, blackckatt and 9 others
Thoughts on this result? Not jaw implants but 2 side wings on the middle pic and then jaw fillers and myofunctional therapy (which the guy claimed fixed his nasolabial folds) on the last pic, he has a narrow mouth I would say

GiSOD7I.png

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
Thoughts on this result? Not jaw implants but 2 side wings on the middle pic and then jaw fillers and myofunctional therapy (which the guy claimed fixed his nasolabial folds) on the last pic, he has a narrow mouth I would say

GiSOD7I.png
Yes, his mouth is too narrow

1. Narrow jaw naturally comes with a narrow palate. So when you have a narrow jaw+narrow palate and you get implants, especially to increase width, it looks uncanny. This is probably the #1 reason why a lot of jaw implants look ridiculous. There are people (such as myself) with a very wide palate but still average/narrow jaw. Anyway, see the below photo
Not sure about this. There are examples of good implant cases with small mouths, such as Tom Cruise.

2. Having an overall narrow face but a bigonial-bizygomatic ratio that is higher than 1. A bigonial-bizigyomatic ratio higher than 1, usually associated with either flared gonions, relatively laterally flat cheekbones, or some combination of both, is found more frequently on faces with a high FWHR. If you don't have that, it will look uncanny.

This is present in the below photo, and the issue is compounded in the fact that the jaw angle is simultaneously (1) very defined and (2) significantly higher than the lips. These things rarely go hand in hand. His before looks better. He would have done better to maybe get 1/3 of the horizontal projection. As it stands, it almost looks like from the frontal his gonial angle increased. It could also have been his posture in both images, but his neck does not accommodate the jaw in the after while it does in the former. It sometimes even appears as if the left face is wider because of the way it harmonizes with the neck better.

7932fb1ceca8ec6f8d979b69e0db282e.jpg
This guy's problem was that he got widening implants when he needed vertical lengthening implants. The results look completely unnatural as a result.

Good thread

Wraparounds are irrelevant since no one has perfect jaws but a narrow mandible for some reason

Maxillary expansion/advancement + genial implants mogs in every sense

• +1
Reactions: greycel and Deleted member 25377
Does the same logic apply to narrow lips, even if your palate is wide?

p
Does the same logic apply to narrow lips, even if your palate is wide?
pretty much.

although a wider palate often means a wider midface, which will harmonize a bit better with the gonial width.

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
That result looks pretty good, surely mouth a bit too narrow but still mogs before version.
His mouth look like an asshole in after...just fucking lol

• JFL
Reactions: 5.5psl
p

pretty much.

although a wider palate often means a wider midface, which will harmonize a bit better with the gonial width.
It's pretty clear then that wide mouth is a super masc trait since it allows for wide jaw and wider chin. Narrow mouth is probably one of the biggest forever-prettyboy traits.

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999
  • +1
Reactions: 3virtues and CuriousGuy
This was definitely after his jaw implants.

View attachment 2327936
But then here he is after that in 1990:

shutterstock_editorial_155467b.jpg

Jaw not exactly poppin.

But here is an even earlier photo:

GettyImages-75515190-2000-ee866d3f6726439998bfa1a642cd3194.jpg

Same extremely rounded gonia.

And look at the picture you posted of him before his supposed implant. You can see the edge of his gonion. It looks to be right where it always is, just not as defined. And was he even done with puberty there?

He just happened to have the best, most subtle, most natural jaw implants of all time back in the 80s when 3D printing, scans, computer modeling weren't even things, back before he was even a star?

Nah, Tom Cruise never had jaw implants.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18582

GiSOD7I.png
ngl looks like the dolan twins jaw i think it's good with slight uncanny to it

But then here he is after that in 1990:

shutterstock_editorial_155467b.jpg

Jaw not exactly poppin.
Body fat.

But here is an even earlier photo:

GettyImages-75515190-2000-ee866d3f6726439998bfa1a642cd3194.jpg
Date of photo?

Anyway, this isn't complicated. His face nearly doubled in size, and became more angular, in a very short time during the 80's. In addition to that, he has a scar under his chin exactly where you would expect from a wraparound jaw implant. You could also see how his masseter muscle is displaced in the exact way you would expect from a jaw implant in some photos when he's flexing his jaw. He is a textbook jaw implant case. "Rounded gonions" are irrelevant. That's part of the design, and it was probably designed that way to match the natural shape of his mandible.

• +1
Reactions: CuriousGuy
Body fat.

Date of photo?

Anyway, this isn't complicated. His face nearly doubled in size, and became more angular, in a very short time during the 80's. In addition to that, he has a scar under his chin exactly where you would expect from a wraparound jaw implant. You could also see how his masseter muscle is displaced in the exact way you would expect from a jaw implant in some photos when he's flexing his jaw. He is a textbook jaw implant case. "Rounded gonions" are irrelevant. That's part of the design, and it was probably designed that way to match the natural shape of his mandible.

How about here, much later:

tomc49.jpg

tomc13.jpg

tom-cruise-eyes-wide-shut-1536x864.jpg

Alright, here you go:

article-2431193-183C42C500000578-779_306x552.jpg

article-2431193-183C42BA00000578-354_308x425.jpg

I think it looks bad cause bug eyed twinks wouldn't naturally have a superman jaw, so the rest of the face looks different. like a dude with a grey alien skull and skinny face has a sick jaw, it's like bro what happened with ur biology

• +1
Reactions: socialcel and 3virtues
I think it looks bad cause bug eyed twinks wouldn't naturally have a superman jaw, so the rest of the face looks different. like a dude with a grey alien skull and skinny face has a sick jaw, it's like bro what happened with ur biology
you can shit eye area and/or be skinny and still have a good jaw

thats can be bad for me bro ? @slop slinger

What year do you think Cruise had implants?

Did he have them here at Top Gun premier in 1986?

GettyImages-109510723-2000-2043902aad35408fbd2a34e5cdae4a50.jpg
Seemed to change slowly between The Outsiders (1983) and Top Gun in 1986

The Outsiders 1983
A1323E2A 8F33 45FE 9041 0D5FFE9D353F

Losin it 1983
08064243 EC8B 4131 97C6 69058DD95679

All The Right Moves 1983 (fixed teeth here, jaw slightly better)
DE5EF86B 0D6B 4A7E 978E 02DFF0CD5DAA

Legend 1985
332C29BD 0A93 4D60 9F3E 7D72D0AEFD50

Top Gun 1986
E4A1B384 09DD 4288 A2E3 D0511F15ACD9

It’s either implants or he surgically fixed his teeth and jaw and it improved over time. Or he was just a giga late bloomer. Either way there is a clear change in his jaw between these years

It’s either implants or he surgically fixed his teeth and jaw and it improved over time. Or he was just a giga late bloomer. Either way there is a clear change in his jaw between these years
Look at the high school wrestling pictures though. His jaw looks bigger than any of the "before" pics, despite it being earlier, and his jaw never actually looks wider than that with respect to his zygos.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sub0

GiSOD7I.png
Narrow ass lips and disgusting philtrum

Yes, his mouth is too narrow
bruh I mean look at johnny depp. He also has a small as mouth but it works.

It just needs to be less than cheekbones basically.
All these dudes got narrow mouths.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 41284
ngl looks like the dolan twins jaw i think it's good with slight uncanny to it
its not even uncanny ngl. The dolan twins jaws look uncanny if u think about it

GiSOD7I.png
So fucking Gay lips