Something I cant understand about growth and HGH.

Salieri

Salieri

Lookism Refugee 10khitman
How come people cant gain any height form HGH post-plate fusion? But, if they get a tumor on their pituitary gland, even in their 20s, they will skyrocket in height from the HGH going through their system? Are there other hormones responsible for the gain in height, other than HGH? Or is it because its a secretion rather than an injection? But in that case, why dont HGH secretagogs like MK make you taller? Is it because they are not powerful enough? Since ofc MK is very mild, and doesnt even cause acromegaly in the hands or anything?

I would love a high iq internet endocrinologist here to explain this to me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
The secretion is insane
Most people can't afford that level of HGH

Anyway Tony Robbins has pituitary tumor and he hasn't grown (but just became very wide) - same thing with body builders who abuse it in massive amounts.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Lux and Salieri
they wont skyrocket in height unless the plates are open

i think what you're referring to is a kid with a pituatary tumor which prevented their plates from closing until their 20's being treated and causing them to catch up.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Growth Plate, Deleted member 17829, Salieri and 1 other person
Anyway Tony Robbins has pituitary tumor and he hasn't grown (but just became very wide) - same thing with body builders who abuse it in massive amounts.
Thats interesting about tony robbins, i didnt know about that. i wonder what is the difference then in people who grow from tumors and those who dont? maybe their plates closed early and theres some correlation between late plate closing and pituitary tumors, but this is a bit of a stretch, there must be something else.

yea body builders go crazy with it which is why i was confused why they dont get taller at all but people with tumors do, i guess the people with tumors just experience that insane of a concentration of hgh, but then again i wonder how nobody has ever tested such doses with exogenous HGH, maybe it would kill you from heart enlargement before you can gain height, but then again that raises the question of why people with tumors dont experience this

they wont skyrocket in height unless the plates are open

i think what you're referring to is a kid with a pituatary tumor which prevented their plates from closing until their 20's being treated and causing them to catch up.
does a pituitary tumor prevent plates from closing? why would that be the case? i didnt know that if that is how it works.

Thats interesting about tony robbins, i didnt know about that. i wonder what is the difference then in people who grow from tumors and those who dont? maybe their plates closed early and theres some correlation between late plate closing and pituitary tumors, but this is a bit of a stretch, there must be something else.

yea body builders go crazy with it which is why i was confused why they dont get taller at all but people with tumors do, i guess the people with tumors just experience that insane of a concentration of hgh, but then again i wonder how nobody has ever tested such doses with exogenous HGH, maybe it would kill you from heart enlargement before you can gain height, but then again that raises the question of why people with tumors dont experience this

does a pituitary tumor prevent plates from closing? why would that be the case? i didnt know that if that is how it works.
yes because it can severly suppress all hormones, including testosterone which converts to estrogen. estrogen fuses plates

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Growth Plate and Salieri
yes because it can severly suppress all hormones, including testosterone which converts to estrogen. estrogen fuses plates
wow i didnt know it suppressed hormones; the more you know