Soy based diets increase aggression and submissiveness (STUDY)

6ft8InTheNetherlands

Gold
Estrogen produced by aromatization of gonadal androgen has an important facilitative role in male-typical aggressive behavior that is mediated through its interaction with estrogen receptors (ER) in the brain. Isoflavones found in soybeans and soy-based dietary supplements bind ER and have dose- and tissue-dependent effects on estrogen-mediated responses. Yet, effects of isoflavone-rich diets on social and aggressive behavior have not been studied. We studied the effects of long-term (15 months) consumption of diets rich in soy isoflavones on spontaneous social behavior among adult male cynomolgus macaques (Macaca fascicularis) (n = 44) living in nine stable social groups. There were three experimental conditions which differed only by the source of dietary protein: casein and lactalbumin (no isoflavones), soy protein isolate containing 0.94 mg isoflavones/g protein, and soy protein isolate containing 1.88 mg isoflavones/g protein. In the monkeys fed the higher amount of isoflavones, frequencies of intense aggressive (67% higher) and submissive (203% higher) behavior were elevated relative to monkeys fed the control diet (P's < 0.05). In addition, the proportion of time spent by these monkeys in physical contact with other monkeys was reduced by 68%, time spent in proximity to other monkeys was reduced 50%, and time spent alone was increased 30% (P's < 0.02). There were no effects of treatment on serum testosterone or estradiol concentrations or the response of plasma testosterone to exogenous gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). The results indicate that long-term consumption of a diet rich in soy isoflavones can have marked influences on patterns of aggressive and social behavior.

Link to study: https://www.researchgate.net/public..._of_diets_rich_in_soy_protein_and_isoflavones

---------------------------

This study put a group of mice on a low phytoestrogenic diet and kept the other one on a soy based diet. The soy group displayed more social and aggressive behavior.

Further, mice on low-phyto diet displayed a decrease in sociability and a reduced preference for social odors, indicating a general disturbance of social behavior.

STUDY: Dietary phytoestrogens modulate aggression and activity in social behavior circuits of male mice.

-----------------------------

Could the aggression be caused by an increase in estrogen and as a result cause more submissive behavior?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
Daily reminder OP that 6'8 is manlet In Netherlands so I don't know why you still don't roped yet.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Deleted member 1751, FatJattMofo and 2 others
Why do greycells have the urge to post full studies with no TL;DR. They just copy and paste the whole article

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1553 and 6ft8InTheNetherlands
Why do greycells have the urge to post full studies with no TL;DR. They just copy and paste the whole article
That reminds me that I still don't know how you managed to rack up so many posts in such a short time, but I guess even that is nothing compared to streege.

That reminds me that I still don't know how you managed to rack up so many posts in such a short time, but I guess even that is nothing compared to streege.
I had legit nothing to do in August and September until I started school again. My summer job was done, my friends had gone to college.

• +1
Reactions: 6ft8InTheNetherlands and LordNorwood
I had legit nothing to do in August and September until I started school again. My summer job was done, my friends had gone to college.
Fair enough I just feel like I would've seen more of your posts. Btw how did your NTmaxx plan go?

Fair enough I just feel like I would've seen more of your posts. Btw how did your NTmaxx plan go?
I’m rushing fraternities in the winter. I’ll see if I wanna join any in the winter because I really wanna join the one a lot of my acquaintances are in, but their rush is in the spring (March). Other than that it’s going well, went to a party w my gf last weekend, got a little drunk and had fun.

In 2 weeks I’m flying out to see my best friend and I’m gonna stay with him for 8 days; gonna do acid, go to his frat’s parties, chill with his frat bro’s, smoke, just hang out. Really looking forward to that tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL and LordNorwood
I’m rushing fraternities in the winter. I’ll see if I wanna join any in the winter because I really wanna join the one a lot of my acquaintances are in, but their rush is in the spring (March). Other than that it’s going well, went to a party w my gf last weekend, got a little drunk and had fun.

In 2 weeks I’m flying out to see my best friend and I’m gonna stay with him for 8 days; gonna do acid, go to his frat’s parties, chill with his frat bro’s, smoke, just hang out. Really looking forward to that tbh.
Right on bro. Glad to hear things are going well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846