Sprinter style, Ben Johnson inspired oral only cycle

Deleted member 16833

Deleted member 16833

Platinum
This is a cycle using only orals I read on a french steroid forum. And apparently this method of micro cycle is used by coaches on a national competitive level.
I myself have never tried it and dont plan on until I get enough for hair transplants and months when Im guaranteed to not go at sea.

Im posting this because I saw some users posting about doing an oral only cycle which is counterintuitive to do without a test base. But perhaps the shortness and dosing and such a method helps minimize the crashing effect and the consequences on the hpt axis.

Ben Johnson did it and although he aimed for speed and explosiveness without seeking hypertrophy he still had a great physique
Sprinter ben johnson of canada prepares for the mens 100 meters sprint race ahead of the seoul

How it works
2 weeks on 4 weeks off 4 times
On: 50mg dbol every morning (right after waking up to affect the hypothalamus as little as possible)
0,5 arimidex every other day
24 hours after last dose : 100mg clomid, 40mg nolvadex the first day then 40mg clomid and 20mg nolvadex for 21 days.

And that's basically it.
I will be using this thread as an experiment log for when I have the time and means to do peds

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, poopmaster22 and Serial Mogger
@Serial Mogger what's so funny you son of a HIV positive nigger shemale?

• JFL
Reactions: Serial Mogger
dopings.me

Last edited:
I always got the best response from 4 week oral only cycles
I always got the best gains with injectables in the first 6 weeks then start to plateau
Running 250mg of test for a prolonged period never did much for me

Keep me updated I’m interested. More then likely the result will be NW7

• JFL
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium
FWIW, Ben and Charlie (Francis, his coach) were partial to furazabol, which is very close to winstrol.

Winny/furaz is a DHT-derivative. Dbol, the steroid recommended in the OP, is a testosterone-derivative. If you stick to a DHT compound you will not need the a-dex, as it will not aromatize.

The dosage recommended in the OP isn't too far off from what Charlie prescribed for Ben. I think they ultimately settled on something like 10mg for low intensity days and 25mg for high intensity days (2-3 days a week). Buy Charlie's book "Speed Trap" for the full story.

They also did 3 weeks on and then at least 3 weeks off, rather than 2/4.

I am a sprinter who has done this setup several times with a variety of orals. Now that I'm no longer tested, I've moved to more conventional injectable cycles. I still use much lower dosages than advocated by bodybuilding forums. You don't need to do a gram, or even a half-gram, of anything to look good or perform well in sports.

Everyone here is hyper-conscious about bloating, so I'd also note that everyone should recognize that AAS affect everyone differently. Some orals, even DHT-derivatives, make me bloat like crazy. The guys on the bodybuilding forums are finally starting to admit that this can happen (and a poster on here recently pointed this out with a good post about aldosterone).

Sprinting itself is, IMO, the best sport for aesthetics. I'll answer any questions on the matter.

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium and Deleted member 16833
Sprinting itself is, IMO, the best sport for aesthetics. I'll answer any questions on the matter.
Sprinters' physiques have their own kind of shredded and buff look that seems to be achieved through hiit explosive training. Maybe it's broscience but I have the impression their muscles have that specific look you only see on sprinters. Obviously they lift weights too.
Which molecules have you used and which one gave the most mass?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: unknownarts
Sprinters' physiques have their own kind of shredded and buff look that seems to be achieved through hiit explosive training. Maybe it's broscience but I have the impression their muscles have that specific look you only see on sprinters. Obviously they lift weights too.
Which molecules have you used and which one gave the most mass?

There's probably a large degree of self-selection here: those with certain physical traits are more likely to rise to the top in sprinting, so it's what you see more often. That's not to say there's homogeneity in physiques: Christophe Lemaitre is built very differently thanHarry Aikines-Areetey, and neither look a lot like Asafa Powell. But, across the board, you'll see more guys who look like Ben Johnson than those who look like Lemaitre or Andre Degrasse.

I have never attempted to gain mass for its own sake. I don't think the "which compound for best mass gains" question even makes sense for most users here; if you're eating enough for that question to be salient, you're probably somewhere else already (this is setting aside obvious stuff like Halo, MDHT, or Proviron. discussed below).

I know what I liked the best from the anabolic orals: turinabol, because it made my joints hurt the least. It bloated me more than Winstrol or Anavar, but I have very sensitive joints apparently and both of those made it tough to walk after hard sprinting days. I put on comparable amounts of muscle with each.

MDHT is a great feel-good drug and is fantastic if you're doing explosive sports. Better than Halotestin, in my experience, as an immediate pre-workout, though Halo will have strength-building effects that last for a few weeks to a couple of months and MDHT will not. Proviron is decent for the same pre-workout purposes. None of these are going to be very useful for anyone interested in aesthetics, but I include the discussion for anyone who was attracted to this thread because of the mention of sprinting/explosive sports.

My testosterone levels dipped to sub 200ng/dl by the third week of the cycle with each compound. I could feel it each time too. They bounced back to baseline within 60 days.

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium and Deleted member 16833
Link the steroid forum you found this on