starting finasteride soon

Loko88

Loko88

verified slayer
any advice? I'm 20.
I'm going topical, mixing it with minoxidil.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • WTF
Reactions: Deprived, LooksmaxxHopeful, buflek and 2 others
Aren’t you worried about it stunting your masculine growth throughout your 20’s?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deprived
bro are you completely retarded? a simple google search would redpill you of the dangers
read the thread i made about it

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 19066
try Topical Dutasteride instead less impact on your serum DHT while also suppressing scalp DHT(what makes you go bald).

my advice: don't do it

been taking for a year now so I know what im saying

Unlikely you'll get sides + good luck.

• +1
Reactions: Deprived and LooksmaxxHopeful
i was on topical fin for 2 months and my breast shape changed + limp dick + no libido

went back to normal after a week quitting (the gyno took a couple of months tho)

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Oberyn and Loko88
any advice? I'm 20.
I'm going topical, mixing it with minoxidil.
I've seen people talk about Minoxidil having a negative effect on collagen. Not sure if true but IMO worth educating yourself on before you do it. Bear in mind Minox benefits are temporary and will revert once/if you stop using it, so IMO if the collagen thing is true it's not worth it.

bro are you completely retarded? a simple google search would redpill you of the dangers
Is that how some trannys get full set of hair after transition when they were balding as male?

I've seen people talk about Minoxidil having a negative effect on collagen. Not sure if true but IMO worth educating yourself on before you do it. Bear in mind Minox benefits are temporary and will revert once/if you stop using it, so IMO if the collagen thing is true it's not worth it.
you're talking as if fin benefits are not dependent upon regular usage of fin. and finasteride is not necessary, minox + microneedling + non-systemic topical anti-androgen are more than enough to keep your hair.

you're talking as if fin benefits are not dependent upon regular usage of fin. and finasteride is not necessary, minox + microneedling + non-systemic topical anti-androgen are more than enough to keep your hair.
To be fair, you may be right about the topical anti androgen being an adequate substitute for fin, I don't know. Could definitely see the appeal if it was, not risking soft erections etc.

But I would say that there is a difference in the permanence of fin benefits vs minox benefits. If you start taking fin at 25 and then stop at 35, forgetting about gains and just taking into account hair loss prevention, you've essentially paused/slowed your hair loss for ten years (assuming you respond well). When you hit 36, if it totally paused, you'll have the hair you would have naturally had at 26. You paused the loss for ten years and even if you stop fin you've pushed your balding timeline back forever.

Minoxidil just makes a higher percentage of your healthy follicles active at any one time, so for example, you may have 70% active and 30% dormant instead of 50/50, giving a temporarily thicker head of hair. As soon as you stop minox, within a few months it's back to it's natural ratios as if you never used it, except your collagen has been raped.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and owlofathena
Been wanting to ask someone, do you have any idea if someone uses microneedling to bring back deadzones eg temples, would the results be sustained by taking fin/topical anti androgen if you then stopped microneedling?

I'd be interested if this was the case but don't want to commit to regular needling long term if that's necessary to keep the gains

To be fair, you may be right about the topical anti androgen being an adequate substitute for fin, I don't know. Could definitely see the appeal if it was, not risking soft erections etc.

But I would say that there is a difference in the permanence of fin benefits vs minox benefits. If you start taking fin at 25 and then stop at 35, forgetting about gains and just taking into account hair loss prevention, you've essentially paused/slowed your hair loss for ten years (assuming you respond well). When you hit 36, if it totally paused, you'll have the hair you would have naturally had at 26. You paused the loss for ten years and even if you stop fin you've pushed your balding timeline back forever.

Minoxidil just makes a higher percentage of your healthy follicles active at any one time, so for example, you may have 70% active and 30% dormant instead of 50/50, giving a temporarily thicker head of hair. As soon as you stop minox, within a few months it's back to it's natural ratios as if you never used it, except your collagen has been raped.
Good points actually, but it seems that you can keep your min + microneedling gains by just microneedling for more than 6 months.

Plus, minox seems to have 5ar inhibitory properties itself as well.

• +1
Reactions: htnambition
Good points actually, but it seems that you can keep your min + microneedling gains by just microneedling for more than 6 months.

Plus, minox seems to have 5ar inhibitory properties itself as well.
God now I have to research microneedling :feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy:

The looksmax list grows ever longer

• JFL
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
non-systemic topical anti-androgen
none of which have actual trials. I'm not buying RU44934394294329482394823 which only published study was done on monkeys & human trials were aborted out of nowhere. Breezula seems safe (since Winlevi, its 1% form, has been FDA approved for acne) but super expensive.

I have already been on Minoxidil from Jan 2020 to Aug 2020. Stopped it. A little shed after stopping, but nothing noticeable.

Aren’t you worried about it stunting your masculine growth throughout your 20’s?
I actually am, which is why I haven't started it when I reached 18.
What exactly do you mean by masculine growth?

It's a risk that I have to take in life. It's been around since the 80s.
No risk, no reward.

Age + did you get 0 sides?
19-20
Watery cheese first few weeks then went to normal, I have pre-existing gyno and I think it made it a little worse but I went on an AI and it’s been gone since

19-20
Watery cheese first few weeks then went to normal, I have pre-existing gyno and I think it made it a little worse but I went on an AI and it’s been gone since
Based.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
He didn't have any left.

Isn't it because people are using it without a DHT blocker?
even with DHT blocker the gains from minox go away when you stop. This is why a lot of people recommend to start with Fin only at first.

• +1
Reactions: HerpDerpson
I saw that it was apart of hrt when I looked it up and knew immediately this shit was worthless.

• JFL
Reactions: GamerCel
I saw that it was apart of hrt when I looked it up and knew immediately this shit was worthless.
stop being retarded. What actually gives trannies hair back is the estrogen they inject. You should look it up.
Some crazy ass mfers on hairlosstalk who are becoming trannies actually had no significant regrowth with fin/dut yet when they go on estrogen they get all the growth you are talking about.

• +1
stop being retarded. What actually gives trannies hair back is the estrogen they inject. You should look it up.
Some crazy ass mfers on hairlosstalk who are becoming trannies actually had no significant regrowth with fin/dut yet when they go on estrogen they get all the growth you are talking about.
So, you plan on blasting estrogen, letting yourself get erectile dysfunction, gyno and literally becoming gay all just to save your hair?

• JFL
Reactions: GamerCel
4 years on fin no sides whatsoever.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Darwined, hypergamy and Loko88
2977435 84252C7D 14C8 416F B686 3CF946D3CA6F

• +1
Reactions: tiresome96, rand anon, Deprived and 3 others
So, you plan on blasting estrogen, letting yourself get erectile dysfunction, gyno and literally becoming gay all just to save your hair?
literal negative IQ.

• +1
I actually am, which is why I haven't started it when I reached 18.
What exactly do you mean by masculine growth?
Additional bone growth, beard development, muscle development etc.

Additional bone growth, beard development, muscle development etc.
my bones & beard are great. I think whatever gains I could get would get outweighted by nice hair. Norwooding is really a huge failo.

• +1
Reactions: hypergamy
did you get your hair back?
i never had a perfect hairline but when I started using fin I was nw1.5-2 now I have my normal hairline. I am also using Minox.

i never had a perfect hairline but when I started using fin I was nw1.5-2 now I have my normal hairline. I am also using Minox.
Incredible. Ethnicity if you don't mind? I feel like only asians get this kind of hairline regrowth

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
  • +1
Reactions: Loko88
Don't let PFS shills fear monger you. It's a much safer drug than oral minoxidil, which they've been shilling recently like hell since the NYT article. I'm 6 months on finasteride, and haven't had any sexual sides. I'm probably cooming even more now lol. Only side I had during the first month was a bit of breast tenderness, which is logical as the small increase in testosterone (~10-15%) will lead to aromatisation to estrogen. I had gyno surgery a few years ago and got the tissue removed, so developing gyno was the only thing that worried me when I started fin.

• +1
Reactions: rand anon and Deprived
Don't let PFS shills fear monger you. It's a much safer drug than oral minoxidil, which they've been shilling recently like hell since the NYT article. I'm 6 months on finasteride, and haven't had any sexual sides. I'm probably cooming even more now lol. Only side I had during the first month was a bit of breast tenderness, which is logical as the small increase in testosterone (~10-15%) will lead to aromatisation to estrogen. I had gyno surgery a few years ago and got the tissue removed, so developing gyno was the only thing that worried me when I started fin.
Age?

Started taking fin at 24. If you're getting sides just keep lowering the dose until they go away. There's a diminishing effect with fin when it comes to dose. 0.2mg is about as effective as 1 mg, but 1mg is the "standard" dose just because this was what they used in the clinical trials and worked best for most men. As for results, don't expect them immediately. Zoomers are very impatient and tend to quit after just 3 months because they don't see any results. It takes about half a year to see results. Heck even after 6 months you're still bound to get roughly 40% gains according to this graph

Started taking fin at 24. If you're getting sides just keep lowering the dose until they go away. There's a diminishing effect with fin when it comes to dose. 0.2mg is about as effective as 1 mg, but 1mg is the "standard" dose just because this was what they used in the clinical trials and worked best for most men. As for results, don't expect them immediately. Zoomers are very impatient and tend to quit after just 3 months because they don't see any results. It takes about half a year to see results. Heck even after 6 months you're still bound to get roughly 40% gains according to this graph

View attachment 1845087
Is it better to start with 0.25 mg ED or something like 0.5 EOD ?

gay people use skincare too
also don't leanmaxx, only women care about being lighter
:rolleyes:

gay people use skincare too
also don't leanmaxx, only women care about being lighter
:rolleyes:
female to male Trannies use testosterone, therefore testosterone is gay:feelswhy:

female to male Trannies use testosterone, therefore testosterone is gay
caring about your appearance in general is a feminine trait :ogre:

Cut out the min OP, giga collagen raper. Been on fin for 2yrs, no sides. Except for maybe depression, but I already had that anyways:feelsokman:

Is it better to start with 0.25 mg ED or something like 0.5 EOD ?
I started with 0.5mg every day and increased it to 1mg/day as I wasn't having any sides. If you get sides just lower the dose by a half or take the same dose EOD. 1mg 3x a week seems to be recommended by a lot of hair transplant experts. If money is an issue, convince your doctor to give you Proscar (5mg) and split the tablets into 4 pieces.

If you’re worried about ED with fin, consider the fact that if you went bald you won’t use your dick anyways.