Stop Hating Normie Shallowness

WrathOfOlives

WrathOfOlives

Iron
The common logic is to hate on women for caring about looks so much, yet you should be thankful for shallowness.

The only reason humans are alive is because we are shallow and the halo/failo effect is so powerful.

Take babies for example, they provide absolutely nothing of use to the parents, they just consume time resources and peace of mind - their primary way of communicating is screaming/crying to annoy people. Yet despite all that, we feel a compulsion to help and give resources to them expecting nothing in return.

Why? because babies look cute. That's it.

Evolution probably experimented with mammals producing non-cute looking babies, and those genes obviously didn't make it by definition.

This halo effect is so powerful it extends cross-species and against self interest.

Your first thought at looking at this Lion cub is how cute it is, despite it literally being a natural predator of humans. That's how much we like the look of babies.

Or if that's too theoretical to accept, imagine if your ancestors struggling to survive in hunter gatherer times opted to breed with the less healthy/physically robust men/women, it would likely cause their geneset to die out within a few generations due to not being able to survive the harsh environment.

If these cave women opted for the oofy doofy caveman that had a "nice personality" and not the physically robust caveman, you wouldn't exist.

In short, you should empathize with shallowness, it actually comes from an extremely good and useful place.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: spry6, cyprian_tomaszewski, Lookologist003 and 3 others
Yet despite all that, we feel a compulsion to help and give resources to them expecting nothing in return.

not really, i'd help a baby because it's in the infancy stage of its life and isn't able to do anything, is a living creature who hasnt started its life yet and requires other humans to stay alive

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Thebbcmaxxer, overtier1011 and workingondying
Evolution probably experimented with mammals producing non-cute looking babies, and those genes obviously didn't make it by definition.
propaganda

this thread is actually really retarded i felt the need to comment twice, how do you say helping a baby is based on its looks and not the fact they're a living being that cant do things themselves? ur mind is fucked from blackpill son

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: overtier1011, Gigasubhuman, Lookologist003 and 5 others
this thread is actually really retarded i felt the need to comment twice, how do you say helping a baby is based on its looks and not the fact they're a living being that cant do things themselves? ur mind is fucked from blackpill son
Morality doesn't exist in the animal kingdom. The abstract concept of ethics is something brand new to human civilization. A caveman wasn't intellectualizing like you about why it's moral to help a baby, it just instinctually felt good to do so.

• +1
Reactions: Gigasubhuman, Lookologist003, silencio and 1 other person

People are generally very easily annoyed and selfish. Babies looking neotenous is one of the only ways they have to ensure they get taken care of for the first 0-3 years of their life when they can't do anything themselves.

Parents who have ugly babies neglect them more often, are more violent towards the babies and ignore their crying much more compared to parents who have babies that are universally rated as cute.

Babies wake up dozens of times a night, might require food at 3:30 AM and might cry for any random reason at any time, they will shit and piss on you when you change their diapers, they really have nothing going for themselves except being cute. Many parents start neglecting their babies if on top of those things, they have to look at an ugly creature (even if it's their own child).

Babies

In the real world, this plays out with tragic consequences. Ugly babies are more likely to have "adverse outcomes in child development, including cognitive problems," the paper writes. "These problems can at least partly be attributed to early disruptions in mother-child interactions, specifically a lack of all-important maternal responsiveness." The implication is that the mother is less responsive because the child is less cute.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski
Morality doesn't exist in the animal kingdom. The abstract concept of ethics is something brand new to human civilization. A caveman wasn't intellectualizing like you about why it's moral to help a baby, it just instinctually felt good to do so.
yes it felt good to do so but not because their cute, because they are your offspring, and helping people in general makes u feel good, nevermind a baby that requires your help

People are generally very easily annoyed and selfish. Babies looking neotenous is one of the only ways they have to ensure they get taken care of for the first 0-3 years of their life when they can't do anything themselves.

Parents who have ugly babies neglect them more often, are more violent towards the babies and ignore their crying much more compared to parents who have babies that are universally rated as cute.

Babies wake up dozens of times a night, might require food at 3:30 AM and might cry for any random reason at any time, they will shit and piss on you when you change their diapers, they really have nothing going for themselves except being cute. Many parents start neglecting their babies if on top of those things, they have to look at an ugly creature (even if it's their own child).

View attachment 2854400
not reading this shit, people help kids because they are kids

yes it felt good to do so but not because their cute, because they are your offspring, and helping people in general makes u feel good, nevermind a baby that requires your help

not reading this shit, people help kids because they are kids

Question, why would evolution make babies cute then if it didn't work/was a non factor in surviving? Not only in humans, but mammals in general. Why is a Polar Bear white? because it works. Why do babies look cute? because it works. You don't even need to "agree" with me, think I'm an asshole if you want, all you have to do is look at biology and reverse engineer it, whatever traits exist today for a reason, because those are the genes that worked in surviving.

I agree with you that it's moral to help kids for the sake of morality, but my personal view doesn't matter in the grand scheme of evolution.

I just appreciate it. I'd rather have girls be honest and say they want tall guys than lie and act like it doesnt matter

Take babies for example, they provide absolutely nothing of use to the parents, they just consume time resources and peace of mind - their primary way of communicating is screaming/crying to annoy people. Yet despite all that, we feel a compulsion to help and give resources to them expecting nothing in return.

im pretty sure there is more to why mothers take care of their baby than just looks…

literal brainrot thread, autism 100

• +1
Reactions: blatonslatt
Lots of cope in this thread. Didn’t read a word but lol if people think it’s nothing to do with the way babies look. Denying that doesn’t even make sense. The only thing the brain can process about a baby is how it looks. That’s the only difference between it and an adult person.

im pretty sure there is more to why mothers take care of their baby than just looks…

You are the one suffering from brainrot. I explicitly spoke about prehistoric man and the traits we inherited from them, not the civilized world where we intellectualize things and have higher thoughts like morality.

The only thing the brain can process about a baby is how it looks. That’s the only difference between it and an adult person.
yea mate babies can do everything an adult can :ROFLMAO:

yh ppl go too far in this community what a shit thread it actually annoyed me how bad it is

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks
Did you also know that humans have evolved to hate greycel water threads ?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lookologist003 and blatonslatt
You are the one suffering from brainrot. I explicitly spoke about prehistoric man and the traits we inherited from them, not the civilized world where we intellectualize things and have higher thoughts like morality.
Chinless kid

• WTF
Reactions: Lookologist003
i would not feel like helping a baby at all if one needed help. dont find them cute either. but mayb is it because im autistic

cute baby = good genes, healthy genes, this baby is likely to survive and thrive both now and as an adult
ugly baby = bad and unhealthy genes, deformed, not worth the time and resource investment

Retarded thread, most people are ugly so shit theory, clearly the selection is random at best

• +1
Reactions: klamus
High-IQ thread triggering covert copers. Nice. I like it.

It goes much much much deeper than you think. It goes deeper than Chad does in your crush. The bounds of your social life is about your face, frame, and height, because those evoke emotions in other humans easily. Ideas require language and time and more work for your brain to do. Since we live in a society, good looks are pretty much the closest thing you can have to a super power. The power to influence others greatly and without breaking a sweat.

This is why Chad buttering toast or playing golf will instantly be the most interesting person alive to women whom he is in the field of view of. Nothing you do that isn't making your body better matters.

This is also why aging is feared. If you had looks, you don't have them when you develop a gut from a slower metabolism, crows feet, youthful glow leaves your eyes, skin wrinkles, and because of this society gradually cares less about you; you are as old as you look. If 80 year olds looked and felt like 20 year olds, they would not be left to die in a nursing home, but would instead be filming themselves for TikTok or Snapchat. Death is not the part of getting old that you worry about, it's how you see yourself fade into some valueless slime before dying and being totally forgotten.

This is brutal because, like me, I know most people here just care about their social life and the relationship they are after, and to know it can never be and why it can never be is brutal.

But the most brutal part is that is will never change.

• +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski