Stop taking melatonin supplements

Deleted member 773

Deleted member 773

Looksmaxxing is COPE! (RIP 1-5-19 - 2-17-21)
That shit can permenantely damage sleep receptors

And it blocks Autophagy in cells meaning accelerated aging and testosterone depletion.

Good alternatives are getting sun exposure during the day, avoiding blue light 2 hrs before sleep, making sure your room is pitch black, and asmr videos.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: aBetterMii, AscendingHero, EckhartTollemaxx and 1 other person
shit thread

• +1
Reactions: BearBoy, yougottadowhatyougot, aBetterMii and 2 others
0391D541 78CD 421E B16A CDDE36A4327E

• +1
Reactions: InjectE
i been getting enough sleep lately tbh
it’s been pretty great
the damage is already done from years of not getting it doe

• +1
Reactions: InjectE
i been getting enough sleep lately tbh
it’s been pretty great
the damage is already done from years of not getting it doe
what damage is that? I'm in a industry where I average 6hrs or less every night for 200+ days at a time

Sad if true. Proof please.

I don't recommend anyone takes it, you're body is only supposed to make about 0.25mg of melatonin, over the period in which the sun sets to around about 9:00pm, 0.25mg is enough to knock you out essentially. There are so many problems with taking melatonin exogenously. Melatonin is sold in 3mg's per capsule majority of the time, and studies have specifically sited that more melatonin doesn't mean better sleep, it actually does the opposite. I used 3mg a night for 60 days and after I got off of it didn't sleep every second night for a fortnight, the nights that I did fall asleep was due to exhaustion, magnesium glycinate along with glycine or L theanine does wonders for sleep.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: AscendingHero, AscendenceImminent and Deleted member 2205
i use a really dim nightlight, am i good?

I don't recommend anyone takes it, you're body is only supposed to make about 0.25mg of melatonin, over the period in which the sun sets to around about 9:00pm, 0.25mg is enough to knock you out essentially. There are so many problems with taking melatonin exogenously. Melatonin is sold in 3mg's per capsule majority of the time, and studies have specifically sited that more melatonin doesn't mean better sleep, it actually does the opposite. I used 3mg a night for 60 days and after I got off of it didn't sleep every second night for a fortnight, the nights that I did fall asleep was due to exhaustion, magnesium glycinate along with glycine or L theanine does wonders for sleep.
It works if you only take it like 5 days a week

@WadlowMaxxing

nvm screw melotonin, dsip+dht gel still on the cards tho.

mk-677 seems dog shit though? right @Henry_Gandy

I've heard about the testosterone lowering, but where did you read about autophagy? I thought that process was happening only after fasting for a few days

oh no not my sleep receptors

joe-biden-head-shake.gif

• +1
Reactions: KLESUM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back