Stop talking shit about accutane

thecaste

thecaste

DIOR
With accutane it is the same as with finasteride: the fear-mongering about these medications on this forum keeps others from taking them even though no real scientific studies exist to support claims like "accutane is poison" and so on.

One of the most used terms in this context is "hair loss". And yes, accutane can cause hair loss, so-called telogen effluvium, in many cases, but it is only temporary in 99.9% of cases, and ironically the hair is often thicker after regrowth (same effect as chemotherapy). Accutane is a medication that causes some systemic damage and stress, which is why hair loss results, but the negative effects that result are only temporary and disappear a few weeks after stopping the medication. In the case of hair loss, it may take a little longer for the hair cycle to return to normal, but in the longer term, accutane will not cause androgenetic alopecia or similar irreversible hair conditions, because accutane has no effect on the various pathways responsible for genetic hair loss.

It is up to each individual to decide whether or not the negative temporary side effects are acceptable and to weigh up the pros and cons. For many here who suffer from severe acne and do not want to take accutane because it might cause hair loss, destroying the acne/oily skin and suffering from thinning hair for 6 months would be a much greater benefit than having very unattractive skin for an indefinite period of time and constantly worrying about topicals but not going through temporary hair loss. In my eyes, it is pathetic that in a looksmaxxing forum, medications such as accutane are simply declared to be poison, even though accutane is probably the best looksmaxxing agent of all for certain people.

• +1
Reactions: MiroslavBulldosex, nemesis, Julius and 4 others
format this shit and more people will read but you are right, fearcels are spineless uggos

• +1
Reactions: Julius and thecaste
Brainlet argument, just because majority experience regrowth doesn't mean that you are guaranteed to, or guaranteed
that you won't have any long lasting side effects,
you always take a risk

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12669
Lost interest after 10 seconds cus no format but im sure it was good

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 12669
Brainlet argument, just because majority experience regrowth doesn't mean that you are guaranteed to, or guaranteed
that you won't have any long lasting side effects,
you always take a risk
Jfl you really don't get the point of the thread, do you?

my hairline is bad because of wide forehead and norwood 1.5 but if your that confident its temporary, I'll give it a shot

• +1
Reactions: thecaste
my hairline is bad because of wide forehead and norwood 1.5 but if your that confident its temporary, I'll give it a shot
It definitely won't have an effect on your hairline, don't worry. It could have an effect on your density tho.

• +1
Reactions: MiroslavBulldosex and Deleted member 8244
I got no sides other than dry lips from accutane

• +1
what happened to the finasteride thread with that title lol

The degree to which varies by person, but Accutane will affect your hair for the worse. Even a short regimen induces overexpression of IGFBP-3 (insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3), which miniaturizes hair follicles on its own and by reducing available IGF. Understand that hair lost this way is extremely difficult to recover. That's also to say nothing of the deleterious effects these mechanisms have on the body beyond just hair loss. The bottom line is the stuff is not to be fucked with.

The degree to which varies by person, but Accutane will affect your hair for the worse. Even a short regimen induces overexpression of IGFBP-3 (insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3), which miniaturizes hair follicles on its own and by reducing available IGF. That's to say nothing of the deleterious effects these mechanisms have on the body beyond just hair loss.
Of course it will, that's what I said in OP.

The degree to which varies by person, but Accutane will affect your hair for the worse. Even a short regimen induces overexpression of IGFBP-3 (insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3), which miniaturizes hair follicles on its own and by reducing available IGF. Understand that hair lost this way is extremely difficult to recover. That's also to say nothing of the deleterious effects these mechanisms have on the body beyond just hair loss. The bottom line is the stuff is not to be fucked with.
You edited your post jfl, but anyways: In which way is the hair difficult to recover and do you have a source for the overexpression of IFGBP-3?

• +1
Reactions: Julius
Dude where do you have the information about IGFBP-3 from? If you make claims, at least give a source or the logical reasoning behind it.

• +1
Reactions: Julius and wagbox
Truth

• Love it