[Story] Anyone else experienced 'delayed attraction'?

Deleted member 6403

Deleted member 6403

Made It Out The Hood
It happened to me while I was in HS. When I was 15 (2010-2011), I was taking some courses outside school with some kids from a different school. We were 4 guys in class and one girl. I found that girl to be ugly and repulsive because she wore braces and had black hair, cause at the time I was into more generic girls.

She was the nerd of the class. Always sat on the front, always there before us, always answered the questions right, always got the highest grades. I was pissed off because we had one girl in our class and it had to be a piece of shit.

A guy jokingly said I should hook up with her and I was like "Eww, no thanks.". She barely talked to us and was very awkward and kept to herself. The only time she ever talked to me was when it was the two of us in class and she asked me where I got a wound I had on my ankle.

Fast forward two years (2012-2013), we met again at some outside school classes. But this time, something changed. I walked in, and I saw her sitting there, and she was like the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. The braces were so cute now and the hair too. Idk what happened to me.

I immidiately crushed on her realy badly. She was with a friend of hers at the bus stop. Her friend left, and she was there alone. I decided to approach her. It was obvious she wasn't interested but I persisted.

I tagged along with her and we reached her house which was close to mine. I asked for her number and she gave it to me. I thought I was gonna get laid. I called her a few times, she always said 'no', and the third time, she bascially told to give up and stop calling her. Thankfully, we changed classes so we weren't in the same one for the rest of the year, that would have been even more painful.

• +1
Reactions: Looks234 and mulattomaxxer
Probably due to the mere exposure effect. Apparently your brain will eventually turn things that your not attracted to into attractive things with enough time. Provided your not currently getting laid elsewhere. This is why prison inmates become attracted to feminine male inmates over time, people in rural areas have sex with their relatives due to lack of exposure to other options. Japenese hikikomori men develop crushes on their sisters due to this being the only positive female contact they get. Or the desert queen phenomenom. This happens in the millitary where ugly women become attractive over time, due the the lack of otptions due to the huge imbalance between men and women during deployment.

You also said you were 15, maybe you hadn't finished puberty. Or maybe you did something to increase your sex drive idk.

• +1
Reactions: kegelmaxer, thisend, randomvanish and 2 others
Probably due to the mere exposure effect. Apparently your brain will eventually turn things that your not attracted to into attractive things with enough time. Provided your not currently getting laid elsewhere. This is why prison inmates become attracted to feminine male inmates over time, people in rural areas have sex with their relatives due to lack of exposure to other options. Japenese hikikomori men develop crushes on their sisters due to this being the only positive female contact they get. Or the desert queen phenomenom. This happens in the millitary where ugly women become attractive over time, due the the lack of otptions due to the huge imbalance between men and women during deployment.

You also said you were 15, maybe you hadn't finished puberty. Or maybe you did something to increase your sex drive idk.
copy n paste but mere exposure effect is indeed legit

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
  • JFL
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
Anyone else experienced "not reading"?

• JFL
Reactions: randomvanish
u probably can, just keep asking theory
Just pray you don't get arrested or get a restraining order theory. While I think this could work, I cannot see a situation where you would not be in a betabuxx/emotional tampon relationship. Maybe when she is in her 30's she will say yes lmao.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
kj is 26

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5189 and Deleted member 6403