STRAIGHT TEETH DON'T ALWAYS EQUAL FORWARD GROWTH

D

Deleted member 685

Kraken
So there's a common thought that straight teeth equal proper facial growth. The problem is however that it goes alot more complicated than that.

You can have a wider skull (brachycephalic), and still have shit forward growth yet have straight teeth due to a broad dental arch (Enough teeth space remaining).

• +1
Reactions: EckhartTollemaxx, Lorsss, Deleted member 1707 and 4 others
High iq post. A trained eye can tell who has naturally straight teeth and who has had braces.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: IhateDentists, AscendingHero, Deleted member 2621 and 5 others
High iq post. A trained eye can tell who has naturally straight teeth and who has had braces.
Yeah, straight teeth are still a result of proper facial growth but it's not a good indicator itself.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and EckhartTollemaxx
Great post

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
This robust chad in my class teeth mogs me even after 3 years of braces

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Catawampus, Deleted member 685, Deleted member 1707 and 1 other person
in other words someone who has breath with his nose his whole life

• +1
Reactions: toolateforme, 6'4 looksmaxxxer and Deleted member 685
in other words someone who has breath with his nose his whole life
I have very straight teeth and people always accuse me of braces never had them and always instictively breathed through my nose

• +1
Reactions: the next o'pry
I have very straight teeth and people always accuse me of braces never had them and always instictively breathed through my nose
What's your skull shape like?

people don't have an idea the effects nose breathing have that's why they cope with braces

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer and Deleted member 685
Yes i pumped a old thread about this, Richard Ramirez has extremely fucked teeth and still mogs 99.9999% in forward growth...

• +1
Reactions: KrissKross
  • +1
Yes i pumped a old thread about this, Richard Ramirez has extremely fucked teeth and still mogs 99.9999% in forward growth...
From what I remember his teeth got fucked up when he moved somewhere and ate nothing but candy bars till he got locked up, which made his teeth rot.

From what I remember his teeth got fucked up when he moved somewhere and ate nothing but candy bars till he got locked up, which made his teeth rot.

He grew up in a fucked environment, and

AY1m8P9mF2Xj78F9mrRIBdOrXUmVVmeRBhycr046XWo

Totally mogging machine

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer
Did you meant to say environment instead of ambient?

hmm yes i don't perceived this, but, Richard has fucked teeth since childhood.

• JFL
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy and Deleted member 685
This is not even cope, you're legit retarded if you deny the effect environment has. Show me any source which proves and shows the genes responsible for crooked teeth. I'm waiting.

• +1
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy and retard
This is not even cope, you're legit retarded if you deny the effect environment has. Show me any source which proves and shows the genes responsible for crooked teeth. I'm waiting.

I need to ask a dentist or something for a obvious thing? obviously environment has affect but it's so low...

• JFL
Reactions: Administrator
I need to ask a dentist or something for a obvious thing? obviously environment has affect but it's so low...
I need to ask a dentist or something for a obvious thing?
What?
obviously environment has affect but it's so low...
That's because it's about long term proper posture
Here's my study btw:

Mouth breathers demonstrated considerable backward and downward rotation of the mandible, increased overjet, increase in the mandible plane angle, a higher palatal plane, and narrowing of both upper and lower arches at the level of canines and first molars compared to the nasal breathers group.

What?
Here's my study btw:

Mouth breathers demonstrated considerable backward and downward rotation of the mandible, increased overjet, increase in the mandible plane angle, a higher palatal plane, and narrowing of both upper and lower arches at the level of canines and first molars compared to the nasal breathers group.

What you mean by proper posture? mewing?

i have good forward growth and a fucked up tooth

• +1
Reactions: EckhartTollemaxx and Deleted member 2227
What?
Here's my study btw:

thing is you don't know whether they gt crooked teeth cause they mouthbreathed or they were predisposed to both mouthbreathing and crooked teeth due to "genes for a narrow arch" (completely oversimplified for the sake of the argument)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
What you mean by proper posture? mewing?
Yes. mewing.
thing is you don't know whether they gt crooked teeth cause they mouthbreathed or they were predisposed to both mouthbreathing and crooked teeth due to "genes for a narrow arch" (completely oversimplified for the sake of the argument)
Why would you come up with the idea that people are genetically predisposed to mouthbreathing when there's close to 0 evidence backing this up?

Yes. mewing.

Why would you come up with the idea that people are genetically predisposed to mouthbreathing when there's close to 0 evidence backing this up?

Look at this this way - predisposed to having a narrow palate (this is entirely possible, people inherit bone structure, anecdotal evidence as well), leads to inability/problems to maintain a proper tongue posture, which is followed by mouth breathing during sleep and you know the end result. Keep in mind I'm not denying the impact that the environment has, it would be ignorant to do so. My POV is just more "balanced" in terms of nature/nurture, even slightly leaning towards the nature side (maybe due to personal experience), contrary to the popular opinion in PSL that there is "improper growth" (which implies that the genetic potential has not been reached).

@OwlGod @Gudru godly react times lol

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 2227
Look at this this way - predisposed to having a narrow palate (this is entirely possible, people inherit bone structure, anecdotal evidence as well), leads to inability/problems to maintain a proper tongue posture, which is followed by mouth breathing during sleep and you know the end result. Keep in mind I'm not denying the impact that the environment has, it would be ignorant to do so. My POV is just more "balanced" in terms of nature/nurture, even slightly leaning towards the nature side (maybe due to personal experience), contrary to the popular opinion in PSL that there is "improper growth" (which implies that the genetic potential has not been reached).
The problem is the width of the palate is probably not THAT determined by genetics but rather things like breastfeeding, tongue posture and diet etc. If it was it would've probably been outbreeded a long time ago by natural selection because it's not optimal whatsoever and brings alot of negatives

• JFL
it would've probably been outbreeded

eeeh, many suboptimal traits are still around and that's why we post on a PSL board. On a side note, I mouth breathe in my sleep, have a narrow-ish palate and don't look like your typical bird patient of mike mew, it's not that black and white.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 2227
eeeh, many suboptimal traits are still around and that's why we post on a PSL board. On a side note, I mouth breathe in my sleep, have a narrow-ish palate and don't look like your typical bird patient of mike mew, it's not that black and white.
Yeah I get the suboptimal part but I was more speaking about functionality, having a narrow palate can really fuck up your breathing and especially at night when the tongue falls back.

• +1
Reactions: Mayorga

Remember too, that many mouth breathers have rhinitis and other respiratory problems, rhinits is obviously a genetic flaw and weakness in environment.

Also, if @Gudru can explain, explain me, remember, physics apply or don't apply

-None hard food in my diet
-Rhinitis
-Mouthbreath (not all time but still much)

I still have straight teeth and U shaped palate.

Remember too, that many mouth breathers have rhinitis and other respiratory problems, rhinits is obviously a genetic flaw and weakness in environment.

-Rhinitis

I don't care about your anecdotes I care about evidence (clinical trials) . And evidence suggests that all of these things are still disadvantageous.

-Rhinitis

Rhinitis isn't just genetic btw

• JFL
I don't care about your anecdotes I care about evidence (clinical trials) . And evidence suggests that all of these things are still disadvantageous.

Rhinitis isn't just genetic btw

Many of these childrens are probably already subhumans with narrow jaw and respiratory problems, so keep coping hard

Also yes, rhinitis is not totally genetics, but genes still have a play in this too, like everything, having rhinitis is obviously weakness and just show weakness, nothing more.

• Hmm...
Many of these childrens are probably already subhumans with narrow jaw and respiratory problems, so keep coping hard

Also yes, rhinitis is not totally genetics, but genes still have a play in this too, like everything, having rhinitis is obviously weakness and just show weakness, nothing more.

Funny how you come up with things like this (which isn't even backed up BY any study), when literal fucking studies on monkeys and pigs show the differences, monkeys who had their nose shut being forced to mouthbreathe ending up with improper facial patterns etc, pigs with tougher diets developing stronger and bigger jaws, it goes both ways, underdeveloped palates thanks to lack of breastfeeding etc causes kids to mouthbreathe which as a result causes the palate to end up even more underdeveloped. What are you gonna tell me now? The monkeys were destined to get narrow palates anyways? LMAO, if anything you're the one coping cause literally all I cite is backed up.

And saying rhinitis CAN be genetic is alot different than saying rhinitis is obviously a genetic flaw. I bet you don't even know what rhinitis means on the first place.

Funny how you come up with things like this (which isn't even backed up BY any study), when literal fucking studies on monkeys and pigs show the differences, monkeys who had their nose shut being forced to mouthbreathe ending up with improper facial patterns etc, pigs with tougher diets developing stronger and bigger jaws, it goes both ways, underdeveloped palates thanks to lack of breastfeeding etc causes kids to mouthbreathe which as a result causes the palate to end up even more underdeveloped. What are you gonna tell me now? The monkeys were destined to get narrow palates anyways? LMAO, if anything you're the one coping cause literally all I cite is backed up.

And saying rhinitis CAN be genetic is alot different than saying rhinitis is obviously a genetic flaw. I bet you don't even know what rhinitis means on the first place.

Didn't read and physics apply or don't apply

Didn't read and physics apply or don't apply

As expected you didn't read cause there's quite literally no way for you to debunk anything I wrote, keep coping, OwlGod. If you actually think anecdotes are a good way of refuting I'm done talking to you.

• JFL
As expected you didn't read cause there's quite literally no way for you to debunk anything I wrote, keep coping, OwlGod. If you actually think anecdotes are a good way of refuting I'm done talking to you.

Physics apply or don't apply, also you don't refuted nothing that the other user said, it's obviously true and i was reading about.

Physics apply or don't apply

Physics apply or don't apply, also you don't refuted nothing that the other user said, it's obviously true and i was reading about.

Physics apply or don't apply

Are you just gonna say physics apply or don't apply all the time? You do realize spamming the same video and reactions under my comments doesn't make you look any more intelligent right?

1. It goes alot more complicated than physics apply or don't apply which is why CLINICAL TRIALS are needed and not individual anecdotes which could be caused by different reasons. Even if your anecdote was true which for whatever reason you could be lying about it doesn't disprove anything I said or the studies I have shown whatsoever.

2. Me and the other user weren't even really arguing but just bringing up different points. Anyhow he didn't even show a study for the theory of genetically being destined to have a smaller palate so I couldn't even refute him in the first place. Seek help.

1. It goes alot more complicated than physics apply or don't apply which is why CLINICAL TRIALS are needed and not individual anecdotes which could be caused by different reasons. Even if your anecdote was true which for whatever reason you could be lying about it doesn't disprove anything I said or the studies I have shown whatsoever.

"Do we have any evidence indicating a relationship between mouth breathing and facial
morphology?

We have evidence, but it is not of the highest level. Case studies
have shown that children with nasal obstruction experience a
downward and backward mandibular rotation, with resulting
growth producing an increase lower facial height [118, 119].
Children suffering from allergic rhinitis tend to have increased
total anterior face height, increased lower anterior face height,
and steeper mandibular plane angles [95]. Long‐faced subjects
have significantly smaller components of nasal respiration
[120]. In a sample [121] of 400 children, 2–12 years old (mean
age 6 years) at an outpatient clinic for mouth breathers:
• Adenoid/tonsil obstruction was detected in 71.8%.
• Allergic rhinitis alone was found in 18.7%.
• Nonobstructive mouth breathing was diagnosed in 9.5%.
• The prevalence of anterior open bites, Class II malocclusions,
and posterior cross bites was higher in mouth‐breathing children
than in the general population. Posterior cross bite was
detected in almost 30% of the children during primary and
mixed dentitions and 48% in permanent dentition. During
mixed and permanent dentitions, anterior open bite sand Class
II malocclusions were highly prevalent. However, more than
50% of the mouth breathing children carried a normal interarch
relationship in the sagittal, transversal and vertical planes.
In a comparison of severely obstructed mouth‐breathing
and nasal‐breathing children [122] mouth‐breathing children
had a hyperdivergent cephalometric pattern, but against all
expectations, counterclockwise mandibular rotations were the
average observations. Last, in a recent study of prepubertal
severely obstructed mouth‐breathing children and prepuberal
nasal‐breathing children, after adenoidectomy, the mouthbreathing
children showed greater maxillary transverse
development [123].

Is there clear evidence showing that correction of nasal
obstruction will result in normal vertical facial growth?

No. In a 2004 study [127], adenoidectomies were performed in
a group of mouth‐breathing children (nasal obstruction caused
by enlarged adenoids) at age 7 years, which caused a change
from mouth to nose breathing. This group was compared to an
age and sex matched group of un‐operated control subjects and
re‐examined at 12 years. Results indicated that adenoidectomy
improved vertical facial growth and balance. On the other
hand, the sum of upper and lower first molar height changes
(amount of molar eruption) was 9.2 mm in the adenoidectomized
group and 5.8 mm in the control group. This would indicate
that corrected mouth breathers continued to grow more
vertically. Other problems with this study have been reported
[128]. Currently, we do not have clear evidence that correction of
nasal obstruction will transform a long‐face growth pattern into
a normal facial height growth pattern.

Does the fact that Rachael exhibits lip incompetence (ILG)
indicate that she is a mouth breather?

No. Lip incompetence does not necessarily indicate mouth
breathing [93, 94]. Furthermore, Rachael has an ILG of
~2 mm. Recall that an ILG of up to 2 mm may be considered
normal [61].

Do we know the exact mechanisms by which aberrations
in craniofacial
growth processes create vertical skeletal
abnormalities?

No. The exact mechanisms by which aberrations in craniofacial
growth processes create vertical skeletal abnormalities remain
unknown. Epigenetic (environmental) factors are thought to
influence the interrelationship of these processes, but this
influence is currently not well‐defined. For example, structural
and/or environmental conditions that restrict nasal breathing
have long been associated with facial hyperdivergence (skeletal
open bite). Enlarged adenoids being a conspicuous etiologic
agent for restricted breathing, the term “adenoid facies” was
widely used to describe the clinical picture of affected
individuals.
Extreme facial hyperdivergence, narrow maxillary
arch, and lip incompetence are prominent clinical features. The
theory of epigenetic influence proposed for the development of
this skeletal pattern has been largely mechanistic: restricted
nasal breathing demands mouth breathing and mouth breathing
alters the tongue position, mandibular posture, and head posture.
Altered postures lead to muscle imbalance, and muscle
imbalance influences craniofacial growth—leading to decreased
vertical condylar growth, increased sutural growth of the upper
face, and increased posterior dentoalveolar development with
negative (elongating) effects on vertical facial growth [81–85].
Although much study has been applied to this theory, a direct
cause and effect relationship
remains equivocal [86].
More recently, a new theory has been proposed that suggests
restricted nasal breathing may be related to abnormal nocturnal
secretion of growth hormone (GH) [87]. Children with
obstructive sleep apnea share similar craniofacial characteristics
to those earlier characterized with “adenoid facies” and
also show abnormal nocturnal GH secretion. GH is known to
have a positive mediating effect on mandibular ramus height
during growth [88]. Further, recent information suggests that
faulty GH receptors are a genetic marker for reduced ramus
height during growth in certain populations [89–91]. Taken
together, this information suggests that the mechanism by
which restricted nasal breathing affects craniofacial form is
due to a more complex sequence of epigenetic events than
envisioned previously. Our point is that, even using one
example, the exact mechanisms by which aberrations in
craniofacial
growth processes create vertical skeletal abnormalities
are unknown.

• It is noteworthy that extreme patterns of vertical skeletal
growth develop early and, by and large, remain relatively
stable throughout craniofacial growth."

As what i said, can have affects but so loww...

I searched in a orthodontic site and

" Studies of identical twins and other family members have shown that dental irregularities of
“number, size, position, as well as the timing of development” are hereditary."

"Do we have any evidence indicating a relationship between mouth breathing and facial
morphology?

development [123].

normal [61].

in craniofacial
abnormalities?

individuals.
remains equivocal [86].
craniofacial
are unknown.

" Studies of identical twins and other family members have shown that dental irregularities of
Alright let me get a quick check before going to bed
morphology?

development [123].

normal [61].

in craniofacial
abnormalities?

individuals.
remains equivocal [86].
craniofacial
are unknown.

The first part basically proves the effects I talked about

• Woah
Alright let me get a quick check before going to bed

The first part basically proves the effects I talked about

If you show the studies i will not disagree, but the video and this study that i found in Lookism is crazy.

morphology?

development [123].

normal [61].

in craniofacial
abnormalities?

individuals.
remains equivocal [86].
craniofacial
are unknown.

The second part just basically proves that once the maxillary angle and the cranial base angle is set change isn't to be expected
morphology?

development [123].

normal [61].

in craniofacial
abnormalities?

individuals.
remains equivocal [86].
craniofacial
are unknown.

I NEVER stated that lip incompetence equals mouthbreathing, lmao
morphology?

development [123].

normal [61].

in craniofacial
abnormalities?

individuals.
remains equivocal [86].
craniofacial
are unknown.

Funny how the idiot comes up with the idea of a lack of evidence when there's tons of studies showing differences thanks to mouthbreathing, the one I talked about for example.
morphology?

development [123].

normal [61].

in craniofacial
abnormalities?

individuals.
remains equivocal [86].
craniofacial
are unknown.

The study about the twins only shows obvious genetic deformities which is also why some people end up with microjaws.

This was an easy case, next.
morphology?

development [123].

normal [61].

in craniofacial
abnormalities?

individuals.
remains equivocal [86].
craniofacial
are unknown.

Also delayed dental development isn't even necessarily negative, just means it takes longer for the teeth to fully grow

Last edited:
High IQ as fuck post, completely agree, I have also observed this. In fact, I actually wrote a post about this last year sort of, based on an observation I made. You can see it atattched below. Also remember, Jordan Barrett apparently had extractions, and Chico had braces, as did Margot Robbie. Straight teeth does not equal ideal development.

• Love it
I happen to have perfectly shaped teeth without braces and 0 cavities ever. I seem to have a forward grown maxilla as well.
Still not a chad fml.

• Woah
Probably why I have straight teeth yet small palate

Never needed braces luckily, thank God.

• +1