Strength is not increasing gymcels help

Htobrother

Htobrother

6ft1
Started working out it’s been almost second week and my rep ranges and kg stays same I could go higher but i fuck up the form
Why is that ?
It may sound retarded but idk need help

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Rift
Started working out it’s been almost second week and my rep ranges and kg stays same I could go higher but i fuck up the form
Why is that ?
It may sound retarded but idk need help
eat more protien, dont expect fast insane gains. up your calories, find maintenance cals and eat 300-500 over it. heavier you are heavier you can lift pretty much. also, push yourself you cant make gains without working hard.

• +1
Reactions: Lars and Htobrother
Sleep more

• Love it
Reactions: Htobrother
Here are the variables needed to progress:

1 - Exercise Technique
2 - Programming (The 3 variables are: Volume, Intensity, Frequency and Exercise Selection)
3 - Diet (Calories, Macronutrients and Micronutrients)
4 - Progressive Overload

If you do 3 sets of 5 reps on most exercises, then you are on a low volume, high intensity program, that mainly helps to gain strength but for some people, low volume programs stop working at some point.

So the solution is to increase the volume by doing 3-5 sets of 6-10 or 8-12 reps instead, and instead of aiming to reach a specific number of reps, the trick is to aim to do as many reps as possible while picking a weight that keeps you in your chosen rep range.

So if you pick a weight that lets you do 8 reps on the first set, on the second set you may do 7 reps, and on the third set you may do 6 reps. So if you push yourself to maximum effort each workout, on the next workout, you should be able to do more reps for each set, and when you find yourself nearing the end of the rep range, that is when you can add weight.

By doing this, the weight increases slower but while you are adding reps, you are actually building muscle, even though your strength doesn't increase by much.

If, for some unknown reason, you are getting sore all the time while using an easy program with few exercises, then it could be due to some health issue so it's best to check with a doctor, I am doing that myself to see if I have some health issue that is causing the problems that I am experiencing (excessive/painful soreness, inability to recover, fat gain while recomping, bloating, strength loss, low libido).

If you are 100% sure that all the variables are on point and you don't have a health problem that would hurt your progress, then it is just a matter of patience. As a natural lifter, it will take some time before you start to see results in your physique and sometimes your strength may not progress, you may get plateaus, the best way to fix plateaus is to either do higher amounts of volume to make the muscles adapt, or use lower amounts of volume to make it easier to recover (depending on your problem).

The problem with most programs that aren't written by yourself is that they don't address your own personal needs because nobody knows you more than you know yourself, so nobody can know which exercises you can do well and which you are best off staying away from and nobody can know exactly how the variables of your programming need to be, only you can answer that, if that is your issue, watch those videos:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mogutill0, gamma, TsarTsar444 and 1 other person
Here are the variables needed to progress:

1 - Exercise Technique
2 - Programming (The 3 variables are: Volume, Intensity, Frequency and Exercise Selection)
3 - Diet (Calories, Macronutrients and Micronutrients)
4 - Progressive Overload

If you do 3 sets of 5 reps on most exercises, then you are on a low volume, high intensity program, that mainly helps to gain strength but for some people, low volume programs stop working at some point.

So the solution is to increase the volume by doing 3-5 sets of 6-10 or 8-12 reps instead, and instead of aiming to reach a specific number of reps, the trick is to aim to do as many reps as possible while picking a weight that keeps you in your chosen rep range.

So if you pick a weight that lets you do 8 reps on the first set, on the second set you may do 7 reps, and on the third set you may do 6 reps. So if you push yourself to maximum effort each workout, on the next workout, you should be able to do more reps for each set, and when you find yourself nearing the end of the rep range, that is when you can add weight.

By doing this, the weight increases slower but while you are adding reps, you are actually building muscle, even though your strength doesn't increase by much.

If, for some unknown reason, you are getting sore all the time while using an easy program with few exercises, then it could be due to some health issue so it's best to check with a doctor, I am doing that myself to see if I have some health issue that is causing the problems that I am experiencing (excessive/painful soreness, inability to recover, fat gain while recomping, bloating, strength loss, low libido).

If you are 100% sure that all the variables are on point and you don't have a health problem that would hurt your progress, then it is just a matter of patience. As a natural lifter, it will take some time before you start to see results in your physique and sometimes your strength may not progress, you may get plateaus, the best way to fix plateaus is to either do higher amounts of volume to make the muscles adapt, or use lower amounts of volume to make it easier to recover (depending on your problem).

The problem with most programs that aren't written by yourself is that they don't address your own personal needs because nobody knows you more than you know yourself, so nobody can know which exercises you can do well and which you are best off staying away from and nobody can know exactly how the variables of your programming need to be, only you can answer that, if that is your issue, watch those videos:

Thx for the help Bro
My Current Plan looks like this

Doing it at home since I bought dumbbells and a bench

Chest/ Triceps

6set Pushups 12-15reps
6set Incline Dumbell press 8-10reps
6set flat flys 8-10
6set triceps dips 6-8

Back Biceps

10set Rows 12 reps
10set Biceps Curls 8-10 reps

SHOULDERS