STUCK at 5x155lb Bench Press (Other Lifts Are Plateaued Too) for Several MONTHS

Advice?

• Total voters
thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Help me. How do I get past this aggravating plateau?

Current Bench = 5-Rep-Max = 155 lb = 70.295 kg
PR Bench = 5-Rep-Max = 160 lb = 72.56 kg
PR Squat = 6-Rep-Max = 215 lb = 97.5 kg
PR Conventional Deadlift = 5-Rep-Max = 240 lb = 108.84 kg

Manlet Height = 5'5.75" = 167 cm
Cuck Weight = 145 lb = 65.76 kg

Fuck. I wanted to put a “stop further away from failure” choice in the poll, but it caps at 10 choices. I usually go to 0 RIR or to failure on almost all the exercises I do.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: User49 and Tabula Rasa
Yeah you just need to gain weight. although seems like you got suboptimal strength genetics tbh. weight gain fixes all plateaus tho

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
Yeah you just need to gain weight. although seems like you got suboptimal strength genetics tbh. weight gain fixes all plateaus tho

My BF% is 20% brah. I can’t just keep on bulking.

Just need more E

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22918 and thecel
@Arborist Tips to make gains?

do progressive/weighted calisthenics

• +1
Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Sprinkles
U cant transition and become stronger at the same time. Its biologically impossible to take estrogen and expect to be stronger. U gotta prioritize one thing.

• WTF
do progressive/weighted calisthenics

Thoughts on this program I designed for gymmaxers?

92B2344D A9B5 4884 AC07 30C1E5D13021

nobody should ever plateau before 2pl8 bench. u must have sub7in wrists and dogshit frame

• So Sad
nobody should ever plateau before 2pl8 bench. u must have sub7in wrists and dogshit frame

6.25" wrists. How do I overcome this plateau?

My turbomanlet friend (shorter than me) sumo-deadlifts almost 600 lb 1RM.

@Arborist Tips to make gains?
if you can't add weight add reps, if you can't add reps try doing another set near the end of the workout even if it doesn't contain the same amount of reps as the others.

• +1
6.25" wrists. How do I overcome this plateau?

My turbomanlet friend (shorter than me) sumo-deadlifts almost 600 lb 1RM.
watch kike israetel or alexander bromley they have comprehensive videos. resistance training is a soft science so don’t take the literature so seriously

• +1
if you’re sleeping and eating good and already plateauing at 70kg it is brutally over

• So Sad
OP in 2 years

asian_female_bodybuilder_by_mattemuscle_ddyuwuw-pre.jpg

• JFL
strongcels GTFIH!

@Glidarn

Inject 500 for 6 months. Keep 75% of muscle gained. Look amazing.

Natty is cope

• JFL

Fuck. I wanted to put a “stop further away from failure” choice in the poll, but it caps at 10 choices. I usually go to 0 RIR or to failure on almost all the exercises I do.
When you start out lifting, the aim is linear progression, to add weight or reps every workout, but this doesn't last forever. A lot of people think "just trying harder" is what they need, then they spend the next 10 years going to failure on every set and fucking around with 185 on the bar.

What you actually need is start programming, aka varying training volume and load to see progress instead of just trying to get stronger every workout. This means not going to failure on every set like a retard. Any successful strength athlete avoids hitting failure or missing reps throughout their entire training cycle, especially on big compound lifts. Look at Hafthor Bjornsson training for his 501kg deadlift, he didn't go to failure or miss a single rep the entire 6 month training cycle, and lowest RIR he hit was probably 2-3 RIR.

The main driver of any training progress will be the amount of sufficiently heavy volume you can perform and recover from. Mandatory reading on this topic.

Last edited:
  • Love it
My PE teacher talks about the variation principle when it comes to training. Maybe you should switch exercises after hitting a plateau or it could be because of your diet etc.

• +1
My PE teacher talks about the variation principle when it comes to training. Maybe you should switch exercises after hitting a plateau or it could be because of your diet etc.

I’m actually gonna try your low volume approach.

Strength mogged by sheboon

• JFL
I’m actually gonna try your low volume approach.
You should try using more stable movements so that you can get more force out-put from your muscles. If the one set per exercise doesn't work for you than try to increase sets on some of the exercises. You should watch Mr America Heart, JPG, TNF, Dorian Yates, MIke Mentzer and get a understanding of this type of training.

Also remember that the exercise selection in my program is pretty indivulized for me so you might wanna chose exercises that bias your lacking parts

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back