Deleted member 2506

Deleted member 2506

Kraken
Basically:

Differin doesn't need a prescription

It's cheaper

WAY less irritating

Is more effective

I've been using differin for a while and have been vouching for it but everyone says tretinoin is better so ye

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11843231

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Administrator and Deleted member 2621
Prolonged use of Vitamin A derivatives cause hairloss. Stop using those products for God's sake guys

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1338
Prolonged use of Vitamin A derivatives cause hairloss. Stop using those products for God's sake guys
NIGGA WHAT

Better have a mf source because thats retarded lol
just searched it up no ingredients in differin with vitamin a

NIGGA WHAT

Better have a mf source because thats retarded lol

My bad then

• +1
Reactions: toptearmm and Deleted member 2506
Adapalene is better for acne, tretinoin is better for collagen

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: ThreadMatters, crosshold, RAITEIII and 2 others
damn boyo u got a legit source?

p sure only dermaneedling and red light raise collagen?

@benignice

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74 and Stingray
I swear to the god of all things holy, the repetitiveness of these threads is going to be enough to get me to leave this site- its like banging my head against a brick wall.

Basically:

It's cheaper

WAY less irritating

Is more effective

I've been using differin for a while and have been vouching for it but everyone says tretinoin is better so ye

Adapalene doesn't need a prescription in some places. Its OTC in the USA.
Read the damn study you linked. In this case it was tested against 0.025% tretinoin on acne. This tells us nothing about the effectiveness compared to higher strength tretinoin or when used for ageing. (I'm not knocking adapalene for ageing, I happen to think its pretty damn good- I'm just making a point about the fact that none of y'all seem to read the studies that you jump on)

I'm gonna say this one more time: One study and some weak anecdotal evidence does not a fact make.

Yes it does. Adapalene (the active ingredient in differin) is a third generation retinoid (ie a vitamin A derivative).

We simply can't say for certain that tretinoin is better than adapalene for ageing. It absolutely might be, but it also might not be. Currently tretinoin is the gold standard because we have literal decades of evidence for its use in ageing and it is only recently that adapalene has begun to be used in this way.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 4416, balding17yomanletcel and 9 others
I swear to the god of all things holy, the repetitiveness of these threads is going to be enough to get me to leave this site- its like banging my head against a brick wall.

Adapalene doesn't need a prescription in some places. Its OTC in the USA.
Read the damn study you linked. In this case it was tested against 0.025% tretinoin on acne. This tells us nothing about the effectiveness compared to higher strength tretinoin or when used for ageing. (I'm not knocking adapalene for ageing, I happen to think its pretty damn good- I'm just making a point about the fact that none of y'all seem to read the studies that you jump on)

I'm gonna say this one more time: One study and some weak anecdotal evidence does not a fact make.

Yes it does. Adapalene (the active ingredient in differin) is a third generation retinoid (ie a vitamin A derivative).

We simply can't say for certain that tretinoin is better than adapalene for ageing. It absolutely might be, but it also might not be. Currently tretinoin is the gold standard because we have literal decades of evidence for its use in ageing and it is only recently that adapalene has begun to be used in this way.
damn high iq rationalist ngl I will change my posting style to conform to your views

• +1
Reactions: HerpDerpson, Deleted member 4614, yang and 3 others
damn high iq rationalist ngl I will change my posting style to conform to your views
@benignice is the heavenly father for skin care

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh, Deleted member 2506 and LordGodcat
I wouldn't recommend that or go that far- I just have a decent amount of experience in the field.
@benignice is the heavenly father for skin care
Hahah thanks bro, although I really wouldn't go that far.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Deleted member 2506
I wouldn't recommend that or go that far- I just have a decent amount of experience in the field.

Hahah thanks bro, although I really wouldn't go that far.
Is there anything else that's effective for collagen other than Tretinion, dermaneedling, and red light therapy?

I've been doing all of them extensively coupled with aquaphor and sunscreen and squalane oil + hyaularonic acid and still only see slight gains in youth.

thnx

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
Is there anything else that's effective for collagen other than Tretinion, dermaneedling, and red light therapy?

I've been doing all of them extensively coupled with aquaphor and sunscreen and squalane oil + hyaularonic acid and still only see slight gains in youth.

thnx
ur young af your collagen is peaking rn how can you improve much

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2506

thnx
You're hitting the big ones honestly.
How old are you?

• +1
Basically:

It's cheaper

WAY less irritating

Is more effective

Yeah it's a lot better for acne. Retin-A is better for anti-aging though. They both thin out the stratum corneum which is considered bad but if you use GHK-cu in combination you will be invincible.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadelite and Deleted member 2506
just turned 18
....and you want to look like a child, why exactly? If you're 18 you're likely not going to get much in the realm of "anti ageing", in your case you focus should be much more on protection and prevention.

• +1
Is more effective
Effective for what???

I know Tretinoin is for acne, in essence. So better for acne, only??

But many (me included), use tratinoin NOTfor acne, but for "anti-aging". Aka, collagen maxxing, to keep elastic skin.
And how does Defferin do with Collagen maxxing??

Found a study on the aging befirtis and compassing.
Don't have time to read it. yet

concuslion I only time to read:
it said:
"Conclusion: Adapalene 0.3% gel showed non-inferior efficacy to tretinoin 0.05% cream as treatment for photoaged skin, with a similar safety profile. Adapalene 0.3% gel may therefore be considered a safe and effective option for the treatment of mild or moderate photoaging."

I just see. That one is also good for Collagen maxxing:
Aantekening 2020 02 27 111311

Last edited:
@5foot8Paki
@Zdeweilx

Please stop being low Iq in posts. And make this thread right.
Please backup claims with sme links, studiies, etc.
I mean, I just did a 10 minutes haisty search,because of time shortage. And I can already correct you on stuff that was said (see below)
And you Zdeweilx ; you have zero backup or depth for the balding claims.

#MakeYourPostsGreatAgain

I just checked it for you.
You were wrong.

Adapalene = a retinoid. A 3rd generation retinoid
And A retinoid = Vitamine A - devirative

Now tratinoin/Retin-A is first generation Retinoid.

I don't know if first generation or 3rd generation retinoid; have less or more effect on balding for example (or so at all)??

source:

Last edited:
So many posts and no one mentions using them both?

I use retin a 0.025 3x a week
skinceuticals retinol once a week
effezel ( adapalene plus Benz perox) once a week
sal acid too

Mon cherry, were iz your le research proof papers ?

Used Differin 0.1% gel for 2 years and Retin-A 0.05% for 6 months.

I Can tell you Retin-A is 5x more effective

(for acne)

• +1
Reactions: Joodz
You think red light the therapy works?
I think it does as a concept, yes. In clinic and legit home devices I think do work. The shitty cheap ones you see all the time on here and the bootlegged versions? I'm less convinced about those.

Either Differin nor Tretinoin is available in Germany without a receipt. It‘s over here.
I think it does as a concept, yes. In clinic and legit home devices I think do work. The shitty cheap ones you see all the time on here and the bootlegged versions? I'm less convinced about those.
What are legit home devices? And what price range

• So Sad
all the amazon ones are pure bullshit
Joovv Go Portable LED Light Therapy with Medical Grade Power

this is the best one rn
Used Differin 0.1% gel for 2 years and Retin-A 0.05% for 6 months.

I Can tell you Retin-A is 5x more effective

(for acne)
fuckk im switching

low iq thread, tretinoin mogs

• +1
....and you want to look like a child, why exactly? If you're 18 you're likely not going to get much in the realm of "anti ageing", in your case you focus should be much more on protection and prevention.
Sorry for necroposting, but do you know how much Vitamin A gets absorbed and goes systemic if applied topically in form of tretinoin, retinol or a retinoid?
Is hypervitaminosis A a real possibility/ danger if you just apply it to your face?

Thanks in advance.