Study finds Upper body strength key factor in men’s bodily attractiveness

gymislife

gymislife

https://www.psypost.org/2017/12/upp...-mens-bodily-attractiveness-study-finds-50422

The effect of strength was so large that none of the 150 women in the study preferred weak men. Furthermore, looking strong was much more important for man’s attractiveness than being tall or lean.

“The rated strength of a male body accounts for a full 70% of the variance in attractiveness,’’ Dr Sell said.

Dr Sell said while the women in their study preferred the strongest bodies, there was a sizeable dataset across many cultures that showed women did not always prefer the strongest looking faces.

MUHH HEIGHT BRO MUHH I'M 6'5 BRO MUH ITS ALL ABOUT THE FACE

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: A L P H A M A L E, BigBoy, Deleted member 2846 and 5 others
Gym is life

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Catawampus, nastynas, je3oe and 1 other person
that makes sense guys always brag about how much they bench press and not how much they deadlift/squat :unsure:

• +1
Reactions: gymislife
Tried telling you fuckers that gym isn’t cope. Since the beginning of time raw strength has been a key component to riling up women’s hormones and it’s pure cope that people here want to act like gymcelling won’t improve your attractiveness. Looking more masculine and broad (while still being at a low body fat) is obviously going to make you look better.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9344, MiroslavBulldosex, Catawampus and 10 others
Tried telling you fuckers that gym isn’t cope. Since the beginning of time raw strength has been a key component to riling up women’s hormones and it’s pure cope that people here want to act like gymcelling won’t improve your attractiveness. Looking more masculine and broad (while still being at a low body fat) is obviously going to make you look better.
Who said gym is cope??

>Approaching (or even at for some lifts) advanced strength stats thanks to supplements
>have super-pronounced v-taper
>still incel
>will probably reach and exceed Norwood 3 within the next 5 years thanks to supplements

Face > Body

• +1
Reactions: Stingray, Hector and Vidyacoper
Who said gym is cope??
A lot of people here do. They’ll say that it’s useless because “face is everything” or that you can’t improve your frame/height with gym so why bother and then go on to post that cherrypicked picture of that roided dude with the tiny frame and ugly face who doesn’t look good (but still probably like way better than when he was really skinny).

My success with girls is so much better now that I can bench 250 and look like it. Sure I’m not Chad and I still need to improve facially and I’m going to do that, but body is still a clear halo. You can’t look weak. You have to look like you need to beat a dude’s ass if needed to defend a girl.

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz, william, buflek and 4 others
so this is why i catch women staring at my chest...

No gym for a subhuman face

>Approaching (or even at for some lifts) advanced strength stats thanks to supplements
>have super-pronounced v-taper
>still incel
>will probably reach and exceed Norwood 3 within the next 5 years thanks to supplements

Face > Body
tbh. Gymcelling is for 5+/10s, not truecels

FUCK LEG DAY

• +1
Reactions: Amnesia and DidntRead
Major lifefuel for skinny people like me

• +1
Reactions: je3oe
its mostly the chest area and arms that matter alot

• +1
Reactions: je3oe
I’m a 3/10 and I slay above average girls here and there purely because I gymcelled and have a good shirtless mirror pic on my tinder profile. No matter what level you’re at, it’ll improve you, so it makes no sense to not do it. Even if you’re JSanza level. No he won’t be able to get Stacy because he has a good body, but it’ll still make him better as a whole. No one’s saying face doesn’t matter more but body still matters a lot.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Kingkellz, je3oe and 1 other person
A lot of people here do. They’ll say that it’s useless because “face is everything” or that you can’t improve your frame/height with gym so why bother and then go on to post that cherrypicked picture of that roided dude with the tiny frame and ugly face who doesn’t look good (but still probably like way better than when he was really skinny).

My success with girls is so much better now that I can bench 250 and look like it. Sure I’m not Chad and I still need to improve facially and I’m going to do that, but body is still a clear halo. You can’t look weak. You have to look like you need to beat a dude’s ass if needed to defend a girl.
Bodyhalo is real
But not if you are deformed

I’m a 3/10 and I slay above average girls here and there purely because I gymcelled and have a good shirtless mirror pic on my tinder profile. No matter what level you’re at, it’ll improve you, so it makes no sense to not do it. Even if you’re JSanza level. No he won’t be able to get Stacy because he has a good body, but it’ll still make him better as a whole. No one’s saying face doesn’t matter more but body still matters a lot.
Ok bro, I will get to gymcelling ASAP. This is probably a good wake up call / motivation for me tbh. Thanks (y)
Major lifefuel for skinny people like me

Truecels should lift to stave off bullies. Being incel with muscle is much easier than being incel with skinny-fat flab.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, samm735, je3oe and 1 other person
Robustness is a key factor in slaying

• +1
Reactions: randomguy1235
Ok bro, I will get to gymcelling ASAP. This is probably a good wake up call / motivation for me tbh. Thanks (y)
Do it bro. Get on a 3 days on, 1 day rest routine where you do something like:

Legs/Shoulders
Chest/Triceps
Biceps/Back
Rest

And then repeat. Make sure you do the heavy compound lifts like bench, deadlift, squats, overhead press. Don’t bulk too quickly or you’ll gain fat. Do a steady bulk of 2 pounds a month and it’ll all be lean muscle if you’re lifting correctly, sleeping enough, and your testosterone levels are decent.

I’ve only been seriously lifting for less than 7 months and during that time I’ve been so on and off with it at times but I still look pretty decent. Still gotta get more deltoids mass and my chest can be a lot better. Legs are a huge work in progress. But I’m getting there.

Attachments

• 95613514-0C0E-43B2-9332-A9FBB8C2839E.jpeg
    95613514-0C0E-43B2-9332-A9FBB8C2839E.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 90
  • +1
Reactions: Stingray, tylerhunter97 and Moggy

Legs/Shoulders
Chest/Triceps
Biceps/Back
Rest

And then repeat. Make sure you do the heavy compound lifts like bench, deadlift, squats, overhead press. Don’t bulk too quickly or you’ll gain fat. Do a steady bulk of 2 pounds a month and it’ll all be lean muscle if you’re lifting correctly, sleeping enough, and your testosterone levels are decent.

I’ve only been seriously lifting for less than 7 months and during that time I’ve been so on and off with it at times but I still look pretty decent. Still gotta get more deltoids mass and my chest can be a lot better. Legs are a huge work in progress. But I’m getting there.
nice bro. Will do

Legs/Shoulders
Chest/Triceps
Biceps/Back
Rest

My mother tells me gym would stunt my growth / compress

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5048, Deleted member 4675 and gymislife
My mother tells me gym would stunt my growth / compress
My parents would say the same thing when I was younger lmao. Don’t listen bro it’s not true. Boosting your test and GH during your development years will help you if anything.

My parents would say the same thing when I was younger lmao. Don’t listen bro it’s not true. Boosting your test and GH during your development years will help you if anything.

Already boosting it with synthetic hgh / aromaisn / dsip

Screenshot 20200308 184552 comgoogleandroidyoutube

So basically i can only do calisthenics right?

leg day is for bitches

Already boosting it with synthetic hgh / aromaisn / dsip

View attachment 299938

So basically i can only do calisthenics right?

Nothing he’s saying is scientifically backed. Studies have shown that your growth can be slightly stunted only if you injure a growth plate and that would come about from really fucking up the exercises for extended periods of time. Have proper form and you’ll only benefit. Doing normal squats and deadlifts isn’t going to prevent you from reaching your full height. And he was correct about the fact it boosts testosterone and GH which is great during puberty.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4675
Nothing he’s saying is scientifically backed. Studies have shown that your growth can be slightly stunted only if you injure a growth plate and that would come about from really fucking up the exercises for extended periods of time. Have proper form and you’ll only benefit. Doing normal squats and deadlifts isn’t going to prevent you from reaching your full height. And he was correct about the fact it boosts testosterone and GH which is great during puberty.
@JustTrynaGrow calimed that the muscle recovery would use all mY igf1 so that less is available for bones
Is that True?

• +1
Reactions: JustTrynaGrow

Legs/Shoulders
Chest/Triceps
Biceps/Back
Rest

Height? do you take supplements? nice physique

• +1
Reactions: Morpheus
Height? do you take supplements? nice physique
5’9 (inb4 it’s over lol) and no supplements. I’ve been considering getting on SARMS and/or peptides or something but I’m really cautious of messing with my natural test production.

I’m really good with my diet though. I try not to eat any dairy or refined carbs and I eat a lot of protein.

• +1
Reactions: je3oe and Deleted member 3479
It's about frame not muscles. Gymceling won't help you.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: gymislife and je3oe
I recall this study.

70% of a man his bodily attractiveness. Depends on his strength.

On the total. Of a man his attractiveness.
About 50% is face.
About 25% is body. (Of that 25% , 70% is determined by strength).

More info.

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: gymislife
Rare lifefuel for manlets 😍

Common sense for any normal human being. Do a tinder experiment with a gay faced alien MM vs a generic faced jock with insane body like Marc Fitt and see who slays more.

iu

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621, tylerhunter97 and 7 rings
there was a sizeable dataset across many cultures that showed women did not always prefer the strongest looking faces.
David Laid

Like I said it's all about Percieved strength and not actual strength. They are guys out there who press a lot and don't look like they lift or have any presence to that feat

• +1
Reactions: Caligula
No gym for your face

Walk out into the real world and see how many 6'4 low fat percentage men get hot women vs 5'8 bodybuilders. I don't have time to wade through the paper, but I'm 100% sure there are errors in the study which create the laughable conclusion that muscle mass matters more than height, because anyone with a semblance of capacity for logical thinking understands that just isn't the case.

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead
The real challenge is looking strong vs looking like the pillsbury doughboy.

there is absolutely nothing worse than seeing a bloated gymcel in public.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Walk out into the real world and see how many 6'4 low fat percentage men get hot women vs 5'8 bodybuilders. I don't have time to wade through the paper, but I'm 100% sure there are errors in the study which create the laughable conclusion that muscle mass matters more than height, because anyone with a semblance of capacity for logical thinking understands that just isn't the case.

giphy.gif

I recall this study.

70% of a man his bodily attractiveness. Depends on his strength.

On the total. Of a man his attractiveness.
About 50% is face.
About 25% is body. (Of that 25% , 70% is determined by strength).

More info.

someone pay me to read this

Natty gymcell = epic cope

• +1
Reactions: Moggy

Legs/Shoulders
Chest/Triceps
Biceps/Back
Rest

ur never a 3/10 with that jaw/chin and hair even if u had subhuman tier negative canthal tilt and a huge nose and small mouth

but i agree that gym does wonders

• +1
Reactions: hebbewem and PubertyMaxxer

Again, take a DYEL skinny guy at 6'4 and a yolked up 5'4 guy with same face and see who women chooses. Its so laughable to even think muscles mean MORE than height.

If we are talking about 6ft to 6'5 ft or something, then sure she will take someone 6ft with great physique vs 6'4 with no muscles, but thats circumventing the actual question of height vs muscle mass importance.

Again, take a DYEL skinny guy at 6'4 and a yolked up 5'4 guy with same face and see who women chooses. Its so laughable to even think muscles mean MORE than height.

If we are talking about 6ft to 6'5 ft or something, then sure she will take someone 6ft with great physique vs 6'4 with no muscles, but thats circumventing the actual question of height vs muscle mass importance.
take a 4'10 guy with this face
HJXUsSV
and this body
05.jpg
and a 6'2 guy with 4.5 psl face and average body...
the girls will choose the 6'2 guy............ height>face and body?

jfl at the comparisons u make

giphy.gif

• +1
Reactions: MiroslavBulldosex, Deleted member 2205, tylerhunter97 and 1 other person
ur never a 3/10 with that jaw/chin and hair even if u had subhuman tier negative canthal tilt and a huge nose and small mouth

but i agree that gym does wonders
My eye area sucks, my mouth is indeed small, and my nose is kinda bulbous. Also the lighting and angle makes my jaw/chin look better than it actually is. Facially I’m solidly a 3. A good body halos me though and I get decent tinder hookups purely because of it and my hair.

But yeah gym does do wonders man. I don’t understand the people who refuse to even try and call people preaching it copers. All I’m trying to do is help people here since I know it helped me so much. Just because lifting won’t turn you into a male model doesn’t mean it won’t make you more attractive to girls.