Study: Minoxidil Acts as an Antiandrogen: A Study of 5α-reductase Type 2 Gene Expression

Deleted member 773

Deleted member 773

Looksmaxxing is COPE! (RIP 1-5-19 - 2-17-21)
  • +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
I knew there must be more to it in terms of its use against MPB than just as a vasodilator.

never using that shit in my life

dont care would rather not have sex than be bald

• +1
dont care would rather not have sex than be bald
Hair is overated tbh.

Things more imporant than hair:

Collagen

Working dick

Fuck Min and Fin and all that reddit cope shit.

• JFL
I would look good with full beard, would cover my failos, but also i'm afraid to use minoxdil

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer
''Notably, at the highest concentration, cell growth was suppressed to a level comparable to that observed in the absence of DHT. '' The highest concentration is DHT + 1 mM Minoxidil. 1 mM Minoxidil is equal to 0,209 grams (or 209 mg). The amount we apply is 5% minox 1 mL (per application), which is 50 mg/mL. So you apply 100 mg per day. This is half of the amount where they noticed the same effects in the cells as if they had no DHT. Note that you apply this amount over your whole hair area, so the concentration is even lower, because the dish with cells is different from your skin (you apply less minox per cell than in the study). You should always see what the study means in real life and if it's actually realistic that it has the exact same effects on you.

• +1
Reactions: Cretinous
''Notably, at the highest concentration, cell growth was suppressed to a level comparable to that observed in the absence of DHT. '' The highest concentration is DHT + 1 mM Minoxidil. 1 mM Minoxidil is equal to 0,209 grams (or 209 mg). The amount we apply is 5% minox 1 mL (per application), which is 50 mg/mL. So you apply 100 mg per day. This is half of the amount where they noticed the same effects in the cells as if they had no DHT. Note that you apply this amount over your whole hair area, so the concentration is even lower, because the dish with cells is different from your skin (you apply less minox per cell than in the study). You should always see what the study means in real life and if it's actually realistic that it has the exact same effects on you.
Well I was a dumbass and squirted like 4 caps at once immediately after dermarolling so guess I deserve my suffering.

Well I was a dumbass and squirted like 4 caps at once immediately after dermarolling so guess I deserve my suffering.

I was looking around and it seems the effect is only apparent to the area you apply it, i.e. the surface skin cells.

Hair is overated tbh.

Things more imporant than hair:

Collagen

Working dick

Fuck Min and Fin and all that reddit cope shit.
Neither of those things is more important than hair tbh tbh ngl

I was looking around and it seems the effect is only apparent to the area you apply it, i.e. the surface skin cells.

Yes but I put it on after dermarolling AKA put it o an open wound so it went systemic for me.