Success story Programming

Sal

Sal

Nobody really likes us except for us
Wassup y’all . Just some motivation for those of us in computer science. Whether you’re almost done your degree Like me, or intrigued about the field and are maybe considering it.

Don’t quit. I’m taking them university pathway. But you don’t have to, to land a 100k plus job.

Hopefully it’s journey, although not the greatest, inspires you to start or keep going ❤

@Korea @a1phenohorriblebones

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: a1phenohorriblebones, thecel, Chadeep and 5 others
Making algorithms can take a month or even longer.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Sal and Deleted member 6128
People really learn software engineering just to work for someone else

Instead of using their skills for their own ideas they use it help someone get richer and wealthier :lul::lul::lul:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Aqua, Deleted member 16970 and 3 others

Instead of using their skills for their own ideas they use it help someone get richer and wealthier :lul::lul::lul:
That's what I'm saying. But in todays era you gotta pay the rent/morgage or whatever. So I'm deadass getting a job after uni. Doing the bear bone minimum, and creating my own business/hustle the whole time.

You either become the main character of this life, or you become an NPC of someone else's life.

The CEO's of the biggest coorporations like Walmart, know they got some 18 year old kid, slaving his ass off at the cash register making barely livable wages, while he rakes in billions in profits daily.

The new age is brutal. Its time people woke up man

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Deleted member 15569, Chadeep and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, Chadeep, BearBoy and 1 other person
Just be black and have > 80 iq so companies hire you for diversity theory. Meanwhile a "white" guy like me has to do shit low-paying jobs for low $100k.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Mouthbreath, Sal and thecel
Python:
if man.height.cm() >= 185:
    while True:
        man.get_laid()
else:
    man.name += ' the Manlet'
    incel_forum.register_new_user(man)
    man.rope()

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Landorus, Deleted member 5180 and 7 others

my mate makes 200k a year by working in IT for another company

enough that he can fly to alfaro this month and probably stop working at all if he doesn’t throw around with money in the next 10-15 years

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Sal and Deleted member 12234
Python:
if man.height.cm() >= 185:
    while True:
        man.get_laid()
else:
    man.name += ' the Manlet'
    incel_forum.register_new_user(man)
    man.rope()
This reminded me that python is unbelievably easy and one day it might become automated :hnghn:

• Hmm...
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: lcberg04, Sal and thecel
can confirm. Went from $15k-24k/year to $80k+/year with IT.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, thecel and Sal

Why spend 80 hours a week on a business without guaranteed returns and tons of stress when you can just work remotely for a few hours a day stress-free and do whatever you want with a guaranteed paycheck? You sound like a fake-flexer who has $0 in your bank account that reiterates the same bullshit that ad-collecting finTubers say.

Why spend 80 hours a week on a business without guaranteed returns and tons of stress when you can just work remotely for a few hours a day stress-free and do whatever you want with a guaranteed paycheck? You sound like a fake-flexer who has $0 in your bank account that reiterates the same bullshit that ad-collecting finTubers say.
:feelswhy::feelswhy:

I think I hit a spot let me guess u can relate?:feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:

It doesn’t take 80 hours to build some of the most basic shit with programming even if it doesn’t make you rich u can always have it in your portfolio and hope you get recruited to be a co founder of a good startup

I think I hit a spot let me guess u can relate?:feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:

It doesn’t take 80 hours to build some of the most basic shit with programming even if it doesn’t make you rich u can always have it in your portfolio and hope you get recruited to be a co founder of a good startup
It does. The software startup I'm working on has taken like 500+ hours total so far and still not a "complete" product.

You can build some shitty prototype in 80 hours, but then you'll have to spend money on marketing and waste a ton of time to make at most $2k/month (unless you hit the jackpot), when you can work remotely stress-free and make $10k a month.

Making software is only worth it if you're an Ivy grad with VC connections and can raise funding. Otherwise it's just a hobby for side income for the most part.

• +1
Reactions: N24
It does. The software startup I'm working on has taken like 500+ hours total so far and still not a "complete" product.

You can build some shitty prototype in 80 hours, but then you'll have to spend money on marketing and waste a ton of time to make at most $2k/month (unless you hit the jackpot), when you can work remotely stress-free and make $10k a month.

Making software is only worth it if you're an Ivy grad with VC connections and can raise funding. Otherwise it's just a hobby for side income for the most part.
Wasn’t even talking about software was talking about some basic shit like a website with a subscription service

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
Wasn’t even talking about software was talking about some basic shit like a website with a subscription service
Yes, it's still software lmfao. That's why subscription websites are called software as a service :feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:.

• +1
  • WTF
Good pay tbh but interest and motivation required

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Sal
Good pay tbh but interest and motivation required
Being poor is hard. Being rich is hard. Choose your hard i guess. I'd rather cry in a Benz then on a bicycle :feelswhere:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, N24, thecel and 1 other person
Being poor is hard. Being rich is hard. Choose your hard i guess. I'd rather cry in a Benz then on a bicycle :feelswhere:

poor Chad > rich uglycel

• JFL
Reactions: Sal

Problem is growth. Many programmers build a great product thinking it’ll market itself. It never does. You need product-led growth experts, data guys, lead gen experts and more. A single software developer could never do it all

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 6128, thecel and 1 other person
Problem is growth. Many programmers build a great product thinking it’ll market itself. It never does. You need product-led growth experts, data guys, lead gen experts and more. A single software developer could never do it all
You work on the business side?

You work on the business side?
Yup. I do overall strategy sessions and I delegate acquisition, retention, viral growth loop resources. Basically the entire funnel.