Sunscreen Ruins My Face

S

samskeyti

Iron
I have a white skin with a warm undertone. Sunscreen is essential for skinmaxxing and preventing photo-aging, I'm well aware of this overt fact. The issue is all the mineral sunscreens I've used either leave a white cast and those which don't leave a white cast make my skin appear a few tones darker defeating one of the crucial reasons to use a sunscreen. Do you know any sunscreen which doesn't cause either?

• +1
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell
You're probably using some cheap, shitty sunscreen that is also toxic.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Danish_Retard, autistic_tendencies and 6 others
You're probably using some cheap, shitty sunscreen that is also toxic.
Has nothing to do with price. Ingredients that lighter the skin: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, Tinosorb M, all of which leave a white cast and are great at protecting the skin

Darkening skin effevt comes from using iron oxides and other metals that reflect visible, infra red and blue light in the formulation, which only benefits dark skinned people susceptible susceptible hyper pigmentation

My advice to OP, stop using mineral sunscreens they have inferior protection, don't protect into the 410nm spectrum, and give you a white cast. No chemical sunscreens are not gonna lower your T or give you cancer if you read the fucking ingredients

Get this sunscreen:

La Roche Posay 50 spf UVmune400 invisible fluid

Don't get the tinted. This is invisible + strongest UVA protection on the market

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 9670, Deleted member 17244 and 5 others
LRP Anthelios leaves no white cast but it costs a bit more than ordinary sunscreens.

I do prefer to not use sunscreen whenever possible though, it does leave the skin a bit weird looking no matter what the label says.
But whenever you go into harsh sunlight, it's a necessity if you want to preserve skin collage in the long run (sun damage appears on a very long delay, not instantly if sunburns don't count)

LRP Anthelios leaves no white cast but it costs a bit more than ordinary sunscreens.

I do prefer to not use sunscreen whenever possible though, it does leave the skin a bit weird looking no matter what the label says.
But whenever you go into harsh sunlight, it's a necessity if you want to preserve skin collage in the long run (sun damage appears on a very long delay, not instantly if sunburns don't count)
It's the best one for sure ^

• +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke
I have a white skin with a warm undertone. Sunscreen is essential for skinmaxxing and preventing photo-aging, I'm well aware of this overt fact. The issue is all the mineral sunscreens I've used either leave a white cast and those which don't leave a white cast make my skin appear a few tones darker defeating one of the crucial reasons to use a sunscreen. Do you know any sunscreen which doesn't cause either?
Wear a hat

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and Richard_Hungwell
Bondi Sands is the best brand for sunscreen

serious question how good is a hat compared to sunscreen ?
a good one like this definitely helps but sunscreen is still recommended at least for extended stay outdoors

AIV28Y

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Has nothing to do with price. Ingredients that lighter the skin: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, Tinosorb M, all of which leave a white cast and are great at protecting the skin

Darkening skin effevt comes from using iron oxides and other metals that reflect visible, infra red and blue light in the formulation, which only benefits dark skinned people susceptible susceptible hyper pigmentation

My advice to OP, stop using mineral sunscreens they have inferior protection, don't protect into the 410nm spectrum, and give you a white cast. No chemical sunscreens are not gonna lower your T or give you cancer if you read the fucking ingredients

Get this sunscreen:

Don't get the tinted. This is invisible + strongest UVA protection on the market
Thanks a lot. So La Roche w/o the tinted version causes neither white cast nor fake tan right?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and samskeyti
It's illegal to sell "toxic" sunscreen to humans, companies aren't retarded
some chemicals have side effects that basically noone cares about but are still there

some chemicals have side effects that basically noone cares about but are still there
every filter passes through your body in and out in this sunscreen. Only ones that had endocrine disruption are octorylene and oxy something

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729

Get this sunscreen:

doesn't titanium dioxide darken your skin and and you seem to know a lot about sunscreens my question is I currently use neutrogena sunblock 50 which leaves a whitecast I think whitecast is good for a bit tanned people if they want a lighter glowing complexion and after using this my skin becomes like a bit darker is it because I don't reapply or can whitecast make your skin darker ?

doesn't titanium dioxide darken your skin and and you seem to know a lot about sunscreens my question is I currently use neutrogena sunblock 50 which leaves a whitecast I think whitecast is good for a bit tanned people if they want a lighter glowing complexion and after using this my skin becomes like a bit darker is it because I don't reapply or can whitecast make your skin darker ?
None of these ingredients darken/lighten your skin permanently. The white cast lightens your skin as long g as you use it but it looks like mime makeup

Lower your omega 6 consumption and you won’t sunburn