Superficially neurotypical

R

RAITEIII

Satire account
It's the way in which I would currently describe myself. Like for first impressions and short interactions I'll be the most NT, charismatic, likeable person you'll ever meet. But then hours go by and I cannot keep up with conversation or get closer.

So nowdays it's the same with everyone I deal with: everything is perfect at first. Loads of enthusiasm for friendship or dating, but then suddenly we won't click anymore.

I feel like perhaps it's lack of relatabily? Here I can talk for hours and go along. But because this is my element.

Do any of you find yourself in a position like this?

• +1
Reactions: Prince88 and Zylk
You sound like my father who's also superficially likeable until people try to get to know him better and he cannot nor cares bout connecting any deeper than that. He has no real friends, but instead acquaintances here and there and he doesn't seem to mind tbh. I, on the other hand, can't be superficially NT since I'm autistic so first impressions of me are non-NT which is why I struggle to make friends IRL and why all of my previous friends weren't NT either.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and Zylk
Yes, something similar happens to me. Although I think most people find it hard to keep a good conversation going for several hours and keep it entertaining, you have to connect with the person very well

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Prince88 and RAITEIII
You sound like my father who's also superficially likeable until people try to get to know him better and he cannot nor cares bout connecting any deeper than that. He has no real friends, but instead acquaintances here and there and he doesn't seem to mind tbh. I, on the other hand, can't be superficially NT since I'm autistic so first impressions of me are non-NT which is why I struggle to make friends IRL and why all of my previous friends weren't NT either.
In your case it seems that your father has a cynical and superficial attitude, I don't know if it will be the same with him, I think most users here will have the same thing happen to them when they try to talk to other bluepillers, the black pill attracts you very strongly to a totally different view and makes you see a lot of your way of thinking in that way

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and Deleted member 19499
In your case it seems that your father has a cynical and superficial attitude, I don't know if it will be the same with him, I think most users here will have the same thing happen to them when they try to talk to other bluepillers, the black pill attracts you very strongly to a totally different view and makes you see a lot of your way of thinking in that way
Yeah, my dad's not NT, but he's not autistic so he can fake it well. I think he's schizoid (doesn't care about socialization as much) or on the anti-social personality spectrum, but he can mask it well for a short time. For people like the OP, who seems to be seeking friends, it might be his black pilled mindset like you said and normies can pick up on that, I guess. I couldn't tolerate being around blue pilled normies for too long without wanting to pull my hair out because we're so contrasting in our belief systems and viewpoints that we'll never see eye-to-eye.

• +1
Reactions: Zylk
Yeah, my dad's not NT, but he's not autistic so he can fake it well. I think he's schizoid (doesn't care about socialization as much) or on the anti-social personality spectrum, but he can mask it well for a short time. For people like the OP, who seems to be seeking friends, it might be his black pilled mindset like you said and normies can pick up on that, I guess. I couldn't tolerate being around blue pilled normies for too long without wanting to pull my hair out because we're so contrasting in our belief systems and viewpoints that we'll never see eye-to-eye.
Totally true, it sucks the truth because you realise that you will never be NT again, but to be able to pretend to be NT is almost the same thing.

Your mentality changes completely. The best thing to learn is to know that a lot of the time mentally you are going to feel alone unless you talk to like minded Aspies.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19499
Totally true, it sucks the truth because you realise that you will never be NT again, but to be able to pretend to be NT is almost the same thing.

Your mentality changes completely. The best thing to learn is to know that a lot of the time mentally you are going to feel alone unless you talk to like minded Aspies.
My last friend was an Aspie, but I fucked up the friendship by having a schizo episode and ghosting him for over a year and a half. He was a good friend too, would listen to my aspie rants IRL and wouldn't judge me. He was the primary reason why I left my house cause we hung out a lot. He hates me now as he thinks I wasted his time and doesn't want to ever see me again. :ogre:

• +1
Reactions: Zylk
I'll be honest perhaps since I don't have interest in the type of conversation that's why I stop being as NT.

I guess I need more practice and interactions.

Thank u guys for ur thoughts.

• +1
Reactions: Zylk and Deleted member 19499
My last friend was an Aspie, but I fucked up the friendship by having a schizo episode and ghosting him for over a year and a half. He was a good friend too, would listen to my aspie rants IRL and wouldn't judge me. He was the primary reason why I left my house cause we hung out a lot. He hates me now as he thinks I wasted his time and doesn't want to ever see me again. :ogre:
Why'd u ghost him.

Why'd u ghost him.
If my autism wasn't bad enough, I am also clinically diagnosed with mild schizophrenia. My schizophrenia comes with paranoia so I thought he wanted to hurt me. I also get random moments of detachment from people for long periods of time only to seek them afterwards. Most don't take too kindly to this or think I'm a mental case (I prolly am tbh) and want nothing to do with me. We were friends back in HS and went to class together where we met. I had an episode back then as well and he ditched me for 3 yrs. He later decided to give me another chance and we got along well until I got another episode (He knew about my episodes which is why he felt bad for leaving me) and ghosted him. He tried working with me during my mini-episodes, but I have to be alone to recover properly. So far the only remaining friend is Sonic (Yes, the hedgehog) that I've hallucinated since I was a kid, but I have no control of when he shows up. He hasn't shown up in a while now and I kind of miss him. :feelsbadman: