surgery advice

Subb Hillman

Subb Hillman

Iron
had a consultation today with a surgeon and he gave me two options
surgery to lower my maxilla by 3mm
dental veeners to increase my teeth lengh and make them more visible
my problem is that my teeth dont show when i talk or i smile:feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy:, he said i must be careful with surgery because it has the possibilty of changing the rest of my face in a way i dont like, while veeners will only target the teeth. help pls.

pics

• +1
Reactions: Subb Hillman
dm pics

• +1

Attachments

• smile.jpg
    smile.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: thotbuster3000 and ifyouwannabemylover
this is what shows when smilling, when i am talking my teeth shows even less :feelswhy:. the rest of my face is normal i am not recessed or anything.
lol looks like mine. I have no recession but looks weird when I smile. show full front and profile pics in private, if you don't mind.

this is what shows when smilling, when i am talking my teeth shows even less :feelswhy:. the rest of my face is normal i am not recessed or anything.
you need lefort

you didn't even see his face wtf
it's enough to see his maxilla is too high up. getting veneers here would be a ridiculous camouflage solution.

lol looks like mine. I have no recession but looks weird when I smile. show full front and profile pics in private, if you don't mind.
lol, when i am not smiling or talking i look like a normal person from the front and side profile, when i am smiling i look like a dude with a ugly smile from the front and the guy from this thread https://looksmax.org/threads/explain-why-when-i-smile-in-a-side-profile-i-look-100000-psl.346095/ from the side. did you ever do any procedures?

is that some kind of radical maxila lowering? i searched some before and after pics on google and people on before look like quasimodo
it's just the moving the upper jaw part of bimax

• +1
elaborate and prove it then
it's just common sense. when you lack teeth show it means your maxilla lacks vertical height. gummy smile means your maxilla has too much vertical height.

• Hmm...
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
just dont smile

• JFL
just dont smile
i don't, but sometimes people ask me why i dont smile at photos e.e. i dont wanna be seem as edgy or something

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
do you think 3mm down will be enough?
can't say. you should consult with a surgeon who does 3D planning where you can figure out exactly what needs to be done. I can only recommend you to avoid cope bullshit solutions like veneers for a skeletal problem.

i'm actually considering bimax but not sure if it's an overkill :unsure:
if you have sfs then you need bimax period. I used to cope too trying to avoid it, but not anymore.

can't say. you should consult with a surgeon who does 3D planning where you can figure out exactly what needs to be done. I can only recommend you to avoid cope bullshit solutions like veneers for a skeletal problem.
ok
do you know which parts of the face are going to be affected by the surgery?
the surgeon said that the rest of my face will look different too.