Surgery for deepening the voice

emeraldglass

emeraldglass

6'1" Gymmaxed Moroccan Stoic— MOD from Benelux
Staff
What is this?
Male voice pitch can be lowered through a medical technique called voice deepening surgery. In order to produce a deeper, more manly tone, the vocal cords are moved throughout the procedure. The techniques employed in vocal aesthetic surgery often have low risks and comfortable recovery outcomes. Patients can typically leave the hospital a few hours after surgery on the same day.

For whom is it beneficial?
For males who have not reacted well to voice therapy and feel that their voices are excessively high pitched. Typically, during puberty, the larynx changes structure, causing the vocal cords to get longer and thicker and the pitch to drop. One may have a higher voice than they would like if that doesn't happen.

Males can also have some illnesses that result in high pitched vocal tones. For instance, young teenagers with puberphonia (mutational falsetto), are known for having high pitched voices. Beyond mutational falsetto, high pitched voices associated with certain organic variables (vocal cords that are short, strained, thin, or atrophic) are more frequent than previously believed. Vocal cord stress can also be effectively reduced with voice deepening surgery, resulting in a deeper voice.

Surgery preparation
First, patients are invited to the doctor's office for a consultation. There is a thorough discussion of what to expect from the procedure and the possible advantages of voice treatment after surgery.

The surgeon goes through all of the potential surgical procedures with you and gives you information about treatment alternatives. Following this, a vocal chord videostroboscopic examination, a study of the acoustic voice, and a perceptual of the voice, including the Voice Handicap Index, are carried out.

When surgery is performed, a consent form that details the entire process is given out.

The surgical procedure
In order to lower the pitch, several surgical methods can be used.

The most common technique is a Type 3 Thyroplasty modification. Under local anesthetic, an incision is created from the anterior lower region of the neck to perform this procedure. The incision is approximately 2-3 cm long.

A diamond shaped cartilage island is made on the thyroid cartilage and pushed back. This allows the vocal cords to become relaxed, and the relaxed vocal cords produce a deeper voice.
The reduction in voice pitch is directly proportional to the degree of cartilage relaxation.

Patients tolerate surgery quite well and it is virtually painless.

The entire process takes about 45 minutes. The patient's voice will be heard during surgery, and both the patient and the doctor hear the deepening on the patient’s voice and the procedure is terminated when a certain tone is decided upon.

As a result, patients are able to talk with their surgeons during surgery and experience the change in their voice.

After the surgery
This surgical procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Approximately 2 hours after the surgery, the doctor conducts a follow-up examination, and 4-5 hours post-surgery, the patient is discharged from the hospital. Post-surgical pain is not anticipated, and most patients do not require painkillers.

Initially, the voice may feel tight or effortful, and there might be a temporary worsening for a few days to a week before swelling begins to subside. Voice rest is not necessary, and patients can use their new voices shortly after surgery, but it takes a few months for the actual voice to fully adjust.

Discomfort, including difficulty swallowing and a sore throat sensation, may persist for a few days. Keeping the wound dry for a week is very important.

The doctor will use absorbable sutures, which eventually disintegrate and do not need to be removed. Aerobic exercises can be resumed after two weeks, although non-strenuous tasks can be resumed in a few days. It is recommended to postpone weightlifting for one month.

It's key to remember that everyone's healing process is unique and depends on a variety of factors, including age, underlying medical issues, and the patient's willingness to follow advice for voice hygiene. Postoperative voice therapy can be scheduled based on individual needs.

I advise against this though, unless you genuinely have a high-pitched voice.

Example of what to expect

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: HaShem, Skywalker, heightmaxxing and 4 others
Just hop on trt or a dht base

• +1
Reactions: Fiqh, Melly, PseudoMaxxer and 3 others
What is this?

Male voice pitch can be lowered through a medical technique called voice deepening surgery. In order to produce a deeper, more manly tone, the vocal cords are moved throughout the procedure. The techniques employed in vocal aesthetic surgery often have low risks and comfortable recovery outcomes. Patients can typically leave the hospital a few hours after surgery on the same day.

For whom is it beneficial?
For males who have not reacted well to voice therapy and feel that their voices are excessively high pitched. Typically, during puberty, the larynx changes structure, causing the vocal cords to get longer and thicker and the pitch to drop. One may have a higher voice than they would like if that doesn't happen.

Males can also have some illnesses that result in high pitched vocal tones. For instance, young teenagers with puberphonia (mutational falsetto), are known for having high pitched voices. Beyond mutational falsetto, high pitched voices associated with certain organic variables (vocal cords that are short, strained, thin, or atrophic) are more frequent than previously believed. Vocal cord stress can also be effectively reduced with voice deepening surgery, resulting in a deeper voice.

Surgery preparation

First, patients are invited to the doctor's office for a consultation. There is a thorough discussion of what to expect from the procedure and the possible advantages of voice treatment after surgery. The surgeon goes through all of the potential surgical procedures with you and gives you information about treatment alternatives. Following this, a vocal chord videostroboscopic examination, a study of the acoustic voice, and a perceptual of the voice, including the Voice Handicap Index, are carried out. When surgery is performed, a consent form that details the entire process is given out.

The surgical procedure
In order to lower the pitch, several surgical methods can be used. The most common technique is a Type 3 Thyroplasty modification. Under local anesthetic, an incision is created from the anterior lower region of the neck to perform this procedure. The incision is approximately 2-3 cm long. A diamond shaped cartilage island is made on the thyroid cartilage and pushed back. This allows the vocal cords to become relaxed, and the relaxed vocal cords produce a deeper voice.
The reduction in voice pitch is directly proportional to the degree of cartilage relaxation. Patients tolerate surgery quite well and it is virtually painless. The entire process takes about 45 minutes. The patient's voice will be heard during surgery, and both the patient and the doctor hear the deepening on the patient’s voice and the procedure is terminated when a certain tone is decided upon. As a result, patients are able to talk with their surgeons during surgery and experience the change in their voice.

After the surgery
This surgical procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Approximately 2 hours after the surgery, the doctor conducts a follow-up examination, and 4-5 hours post-surgery, the patient is discharged from the hospital. Post-surgical pain is not anticipated, and most patients do not require painkillers. Initially, the voice may feel tight or effortful, and there might be a temporary worsening for a few days to a week before swelling begins to subside. Voice rest is not necessary, and patients can use their new voices shortly after surgery, but it takes a few months for the actual voice to fully adjust. Discomfort, including difficulty swallowing and a sore throat sensation, may persist for a few days.
Keeping the wound dry for a week is very important. The doctor will use absorbable sutures, which eventually disintegrate and do not need to be removed. Aerobic exercises can be resumed after two weeks, although non-strenuous tasks can be resumed in a few days. It is recommended to postpone weightlifting for one month. It's key to remember that everyone's healing process is unique and depends on a variety of factors, including age, underlying medical issues, and the patient's willingness to follow advice for voice hygiene. Postoperative voice therapy can be scheduled based on individual needs.

I advise against this though, unless you genuinely have a high-pitched voice.

Example of what to expect

whats the point in this? my voice is highly deep and masc but gets me nothing

Move to surgery section tbh

• +1
Reactions: emeraldglass
whats the point in this? my voice is highly deep and masc but gets me nothing
Certain men experience a decrease in self esteem, affecting their authority in the presence of males. Moreover, it can enhance one's appeal to women, especially if you already possess an above average facial appearance.

• +1
Reactions: murdah
Glad this topic is being conversed about more on this forum. Having a deep voice commands male respect and appeals to females all in one surgery. I wonder if any users had this surgery, I want an AMA thread from them.

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker and emeraldglass
Just hop on trt or a dht base
DHT doesn't matter for a deep voice. Males with a 5α-reductase deficiency still develop a deep voice.
I don't know how much testosterone would do if you've already developed to your natural potential, I've not seen any evidence of roiders gaining a deeper voice (just hear Greg Doucette jfl).

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: ccwarrior
DHT doesn't matter for a deep voice. Males with a 5α-reductase deficiency still develop a deep voice.
I don't know how much testosterone would do if you've already developed to your natural potentional, I've not seen any evidence of roiders gaining a deeper voice (just hear Greg Doucette jfl).
Fucking brutal man

• +1
Reactions: HaShem
I wonder if any users had this surgery, I want an AMA thread from them.
@MadTwatter has gotten it iirc, should have a few posts about it strewn around
Having a deep voice commands male respect and appeals to females all in one surgery
Very true. For example in a study on 792 CEOs an interquartile decrease in voice pitch (22.1 Hz) from median CEO of the median sample firm was associated with a $440 million increase in the size of the firm managed, and in turn, $187 thousand more in annual compensation. Deep voiced CEOs also enjoy longer tenures.

Voicepill doesn't get talked about enough here.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: emeraldglass and murdah
Just scream bro

@MadTwatter has gotten it iirc, should have a few posts about it strewn around

Very true. For example in a study on 792 CEOs an interquartile decrease in voice pitch (22.1 Hz) from median CEO of the median sample firm was associated with a $440 million increase in the size of the firm managed, and in turn, $187 thousand more in annual compensation. Deep voiced CEOs also enjoy longer tenures.

Voicepill doesn't get talked about enough here.
I don’t know how useful this is in my career as a doctor but I still like the aesthetic.

I’ve also read that peoples voice surgeries have relapsed. It’s been nearly 2 years for me and it’s still as billowy as when I first got it.

I’m surprised it was only 3000 euros. It might be the most cost effective looks as there is. The only problem is that for the first month, you literally can’t speak to anyone.

• +1
Reactions: emeraldglass, HaShem and ccwarrior
I don’t know how useful this is in my career as a doctor but I still like the aesthetic.

I’ve also read that peoples voice surgeries have relapsed. It’s been nearly 2 years for me and it’s still as billowy as when I first got it.

I’m surprised it was only 3000 euros. It might be the most cost effective looks as there is. The only problem is that for the first month, you literally can’t speak to anyone.
Thx for sharing !

Did it mess with your ability to make certain sounds with your voice at all? Would it affect stuff like singing? Etc

Thx for sharing !

Did it mess with your ability to make certain sounds with your voice at all? Would it affect stuff like singing? Etc
Definitely think I was better at sing before and had a higher range.

• +1
Reactions: HaShem and ccwarrior
Smoking

• JFL
Reactions: emeraldglass