Surgery in 3 months. I've been given two options: LJS or DJS. Which is the best for me?

W

wdfkjdksf

Iron
Iamge

Details:
Option 1: Lefort 1+ BSSO + Genioplasty with widening of the upper jaw to correct a narrow palate along with the forward movement. No mention of what rotation would occur in this scenario.

Option 2: BSSO + Genioplasty with a minor and likely unnoticeable amount of clockwise rotation of the lower jaw to align after the forward movement.

I have no details as to exact movement amounts yet, that is decided after my x-rays in an upcoming appointment.

My Current Perspective:
I worry that I have a recessed midface and that a DJS would give me a "left behind" look as my infraorbital area and zygomatic bone are going to have their recession accentuated.
I also worry there may be widening of my nose to a degree that may not be entirely solveable by rhinoplasty due to the forward movement + palate expansion, and that my nose is in my perspective nice as is.
Because of these concerns my current opinion is that LJS is the better option out of the two, as it corrects my most deficient aesthetic area with minimal risk of breaking the "harmony" of a face I'm largely happy with.

However this is a huge and costly decision and I want to make sure I'm making the right one. I am second guessing my thoughts often and worry that I am just used to my face and not seeing problems that are obvious to others. I posted my face to reddit and the top comment is recommending a DJS.

Any input and opinions here are appreciated.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: opeggard, lurkingray, bttb and 1 other person
Lefort 1+ BSSO + Genioplasty + Infraorb-zygo implants

• +1
Reactions: opeggard and wdfkjdksf

• +1
Reactions: wdfkjdksf
Thank you guys for the input. Are you thinking my concerns around a recessed midface are unfounded? I also worry that even with infraorbital/zygomatic implants that my eyes themselves would be a bit sunken in. This example of someones simulated results is I think a good example of my concern:
N6bc4ov88bv81

But on both reddit and this forum now its been largely DJS suggestions so I'm going to heavily consider this option if the forward movement he proposes isn't too extreme.

Thank you guys for the input. Are you thinking my concerns around a recessed midface are unfounded? I also worry that even with infraorbital/zygomatic implants that my eyes themselves would be a bit sunken in. This example of someones simulated results is I think a good example of my concern:
View attachment 3156464
these are incredibly hard to fix even with saddle its not much of falio unless someone just stares at ur side profile 99% of time

• +1
Reactions: wdfkjdksf