Swallow the natural inclination pill

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
These are the 2 extreme ends of a spectrum:
  1. People for whom the tiniest drop of desire directly translates into motivation and thus action.
  2. People who seldom ever get motivated just by wanting something. Something other than desire—or in addition to desire—is required to motivate them. For example, bullying* might motivate a skinny kid to go to the gym, but if the kid is #2, merely wanting to build muscle would not motivate them.
Most people are somewhere in the middle between #1 and #2, and they lean more toward #1 or #2 in different areas. Usually you'll be closer to #1 on things you're interested in and closer to #2 on things you aren't interested in. However, some unfortunate people are #2 even for things they really like, and that just sucks.

I'd say the ideal place to be on this spectrum (not THE spectrum; you can't get laid if you're on that), is close to #1 but not all the way at it. You should have a high motivation-to-desire ratio in order to be inclined to work hard to reach your goals, but you also shouldn't be tempted overexert yourself on unimportant things.

Changing from 2 to 1 is extremely hard, and people rarely ever succeed attempting such a change. If you're naturally closer to the #2 side, it's over. Too bad. That's just the way you are, and you probably won't be successful.

I'm an example of a person who's too far gone into the #2 zone. A friend of mine has owed me $250 for months now, but I've made pretty much no effort to meet up with him and get the money, even though making money and becoming wealthy is something I really want to do in my life. My lack of action is a sad sign that I probably will never be rich.

*There's still desire involved here. The kid has to want to not be bullied. Pretty much no one can't get motivation from this kind of desire—the desire to get out of a bad situation. To clarify the meaning of #2: #2 people are motivated by the desire to escape a painful state in life, but they aren't motivated by the desire to have something more than what's necessary for a comfortable life.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Ocelot, Need2Ascend, eduardkoopman and 4 others
First reply again

You will never experience this threads like I did.
Have fun with my Sloppy seconds cucks

• JFL
  • Love it
  • So Sad
Reactions: thecel, Boldandbeautiful and jordanbarrettisgod

• JFL
Reactions: Ocelot, Deleted member 1400, 5'8manlet and 1 other person
Old af?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
good thread. most users here are two and its sad tbh.

• +1
Reactions: thecel