symmetry is annoying asf

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
I know it barely matters but it pisses me off as I'm sure it does fellow aspies because of how the nature of it is. for example, usually if you have one you probably have more. asymmetric jaw, deviated septum, asymmetric eyes (different levels of each other or differing canthal tilts), different zygo widths, etc.
so as a result if you want to improve or fix it you will need to do a lot of little things, it could add up quickly and be very expensive so it should probably be the last priority on everyone's list imo unless deformed
meanwhile if your chin is recessed you can just easily get a genio, symmetry is not an easy fix, it is very autistic and goes down to the spine/body itself
btw one time my aspie friend told me to "work on my symmetry" JFL

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28896 and Artemis
I know it barely matters but it pisses me off as I'm sure it does fellow aspies because of how the nature of it is. for example, usually if you have one you probably have more. asymmetric jaw, deviated septum, asymmetric eyes (different levels of each other or differing canthal tilts), different zygo widths, etc.
so as a result if you want to improve or fix it you will need to do a lot of little things, it could add up quickly and be very expensive so it should probably be the last priority on everyone's list imo unless deformed
meanwhile if your chin is recessed you can just easily get a genio, symmetry is not an easy fix, it is very autistic and goes down to the spine/body itself
btw one time my aspie friend told me to "work on my symmetry" JFL
Yeah it is super fucking annoying when you notice it yourself.

But in reality, humans when looking at you, scan your face from left to right, or right to left, always horizontally, never vertically. It means you need to have quite large asymmetries (read, completely deformed) for other people to notice. Even Bradley Cooper:
jtd9Qmx.jpg

big 5-mm discrepancy in the eye level is not noticeable at first sight IRL. I NEVER noticed it about him at all even in his movies, until i read this forum LMFAO now i cannot unsee it :feelscry: :feelskek:

• +1
Reactions: Dystopian and Deleted member 19766
Yeah it is super fucking annoying when you notice it yourself.

But in reality, humans when looking at you, scan your face from left to right, or right to left, always horizontally, never vertically. It means you need to have quite large asymmetries (read, completely deformed) for other people to notice. Even Bradley Cooper:
jtd9Qmx.jpg

big 5-mm discrepancy in the eye level is not noticeable at first sight IRL. I NEVER noticed it about him at all even in his movies, until i read this forum LMFAO now i cannot unsee it :feelscry: :feelskek:
I know, I myself genuinely have below average symmetry (most noticeable part is my VERY CROOKED/DEVIATED SEPTUM on par with Robert pattinson's if you want to see it) but only one aspie friend of mine has ever pointed it out. I think only eye level asymmetry (vertical dystrophy) on par with gosling or cooper (4mm+) is where it becomes a genuine big failo. Still though looksmaxxing is about being the best looking you can be so we should strive to fix every fucking thing we can imo from greatest to least importance. symmetry is probably least or one of the least depending on how yours is but it's still something.

• +1
Reactions: Artemis
I spot asymmetry immediately, though most people are literally blind nt retards.

Even people who post their photos on this site usually can't even see their own obvious asymmetries.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766