Teachers give better grades to attractive students

DarknLost

DarknLost

S̴̢̧̱̪͈͈̻͓̪̭̣̫͎͖̤̤̩̟̳̹͈̩̬̟̩̪̱̰̠͉͖̲̞̳̳̄͛̆̅͊̀͊̚̕͜͝͝͝
  • Thread starter wizardcel
  • Start date Today at 2:24 PM
[IMG alt="wizardcel"]https://incels.is/data/avatars/l/3/3635.jpg?1569875236[/IMG]
wizardcel
Commander

Today at 2:24 PM

This thread ends your IQ copes. It doesn't matter how much you study, your teachers will always give preference to more attractive students.

"The kids who were better-looking reported higher levels of teacher attention, more friends and less depression, says one of the study’s authors Rachel Gordon, a sociology professor at the University of Illinois in Chicago. They also went on to become more successful. It’s not exactly clear whether the attention and praise increased a child’s confidence and hence he or she took extra credit classes and felt more emboldened to ask teachers for help, and that led to the higher grades, or whether teachers, like babies—or even (gulp) parents—simply favor attractive faces more. "

I've noticed this first hand myself. As I have mentioned before, good-looking students do get better grades than ugly ones. My theory is very simple. When you are attractive, people want to spend time with you. They'll go out of their way to help with homework, assignments and preparations for tests. I see this every day in my university. Unattractive people, on the other hand, are left alone. They will have to figure things out for themselves.

"Other studies have supported these findings: people shown photos of fetching humans tend to “hear” more warmth from them on them on the phone than people who think they’re talking to an unattractive person; good looking women have an 8% wage bonus for above-average looks and pay a 4% penalty for below-average looks; men get a 4% bonus and 13% penalty. Attractive people also get more call-backs for jobs and are perceived as healthier and more trustworthy."

This affects your earnings, too. My friend @JeffGoldblumInTheFly has suffered this first hand, too. Ugly women, on average, earn 4% less. However, ugly men earn 13% less than their attractive peers.

"Gordon says that in another study elementary teachers were given folders of children’s work and photos of the kids and had better expectations for the good-looking ones, and for elementary kids, expectations are half the battle. She says she’d like to do a similar study among high school teachers. "

Ugly children will get less attention and the teachers will have less motivation to teach them than attractive students. This is the power of lookism in this society

Source:http://healthland.time.com/2013/12/10/teachers-give-better-grades-to-more-attractive-students-study/

imagine our shock

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob and Deleted member 2426
Strobe
Strobe
Strobe
Strobe

While(Water == wet)

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob and BigBoy
yes we get it looks help everything in life can we stop saying it repeatedly in a bunch of different ways

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: chadpreetcel123, Deleted member 1560, Mansnob and 1 other person
the floor is made out of floor yes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1560, Mansnob, BigBoy and 1 other person
didn't read but my polish techer that used to tech me in previous years (milf in their 40s-50s) once said that she won't give better grades becuese someone is ugly or preety, she said that while ugly looser (bigger than me, he's bullied). She complimented me on my eyes once. I asked can i get better grade and she said ''maybe becouse of your nice eyes'' but she didn't give me that. Idk why she said that, my eyes are subhuman while there's few dudes with much better blue eyes

I used to be my piano teacher's favorite student when i was 14 and she would constantly go out of her way and say how handsome I was because I was always alone and never talked to anyone in class.

Now she avoids eye contact with me when I enter the room.

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob