The 80% rule on how to live to 100 years

6"4 Tyrone(I'm not)

6"4 Tyrone(I'm not)

I have no enemies
In the pursuit of longevity, there's a common thread among those who have reached the remarkable milestone of living beyond 100 years old: their dietary habits. Residents of the Earth's "Blue Zones," regions known for having a high concentration of centenarians, have unveiled a simple yet effective dieting trick that they swear by—the 80% rule.

Residents of the Earth's 'Blue Zones' have unveiled a dieting trick that may be the secret to becoming one of the lucky few centenarians in the world - people living above 100 years old.

What is the 80% Rule
According to the report by The Mirror The 80% rule is not a complex diet plan with a myriad of restrictions and guidelines. Instead, it's a straightforward approach to eating that emphasizes moderation and mindfulness. Simply put, the rule suggests that individuals should stop eating when they feel about 80% full, leaving a slight feeling of hunger instead of overindulging until they are stuffed.

ORIGIN OF THE 80% RULE
This practice aligns with the traditional Japanese wisdom of "hara hachi bu," which translates to "eat until you are 80% full." It's a concept deeply ingrained in the culture of Okinawa, one of the Blue Zones, where residents have one of the highest life expectancies in the world. By adopting this mindset towards eating, they naturally consume fewer calories without depriving themselves of essential nutrients.

BENEFITS OF THE 80% RULE
The 80% rule encourages a more mindful approach to eating, where individuals pay close attention to their body's hunger and satiety cues. Instead of mindlessly consuming large portions or finishing everything on their plate out of habit, they learn to listen to their bodies and stop eating when they've reached a comfortable level of fullness.

One of the key benefits of the 80% rule is its potential to prevent overeating, a common problem in modern societies where food is abundant and portion sizes are often oversized. By practicing moderation and stopping short of feeling completely full, individuals can avoid the negative health consequences associated with excess calorie intake, such as obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.

Moreover, the 80% rule promotes a healthier relationship with food, free from the guilt and anxiety often associated with restrictive dieting. Instead of viewing food as the enemy or constantly counting calories, individuals can enjoy their meals mindfully, savoring each bite and appreciating the nourishment it provides.

In addition to promoting physical health, the 80% rule may also have positive effects on mental and emotional well-being. By avoiding the discomfort and lethargy that often accompany overeating, individuals can maintain higher levels of energy and vitality throughout the day. Furthermore, by cultivating a sense of mindfulness around eating, they can develop a deeper appreciation for the pleasures of food and the importance of nourishing their bodies.

While the 80% rule may seem deceptively simple, its impact on overall health and longevity should not be underestimated. By adopting this mindful approach to eating, individuals can take a significant step towards achieving a longer, healthier life—one that is filled with vitality, joy, and well-being. So, the next time you sit down to a meal, remember the wisdom of the world's oldest people and aim to stop eating when you're about 80% full. Your body—and perhaps even your longevity.

Baby Boomers Dancing GIF

YOU AFTER USING THE 80% METHOD

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover, sub5c3l, Hernan and 1 other person
Ok

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: fuxkdakikez and 6"4 Tyrone(I'm not)
Cope

• +1
Reactions: 6"4 Tyrone(I'm not)
So the solution for not getting fatter is to induce anxiety while eating that you may get fat which can lead to other eating disorders? Why not just eat healthy without eating junk food and start training a little bit and see how fat can you get.

• Hmm...
Sleep Yawn GIF

• +1