The Asian european experience

begoodlookingtheory

begoodlookingtheory

Bronze
I am an Asian-American that has been in Berlin for over 7 years. Unfortunately, the racism I have experienced in my time here has been far far worse than what I experience in the United States. I have experienced racism in every aspect of my life in Berlin. I have been called racial slurs on the street, completely unprovoked someone spit at my feet at the train station, I've been called racial slurs at work, friends have made jokes about me being Asian and I have even experienced racism from very white, very German partner. I have also met people who do understand racism and listen when I talk about my experiences, but they are a small minority. As a (white) society, I get the impression that the mentality towards racism is that it is viewed as an American problem, but not a problem in Germany. Germany is far behind the United States when it comes to discourse about racism and it shows. The German attitude of "Racism is a a problem in the United States. It is not really a problem here." is appalling and has made me view Germans in a very different light than before I moved here

LEEEEEEESSSSSSSGOOOOOOOOO DEUTSCHLAND
Screenshot 20211202 224433

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
Redditmaxxing?

Water Asian-American don't get to complain

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
copy pasta right