The average person doing cardio at a gym is insanely lazy

SntDomistheRealChad

SntDomistheRealChad

Did you just call me a little bitch?
I used to respect people who were up on the cardio machines, getting their cardio in because I've always disliked cardio. I could sort of see the people in the cardio areas getting their workout in and I was like "damn good for you" until I actually went to do cardio. Upon closer look, 95% of these people are slowly walking on the machines, not even jogging, or if they're jogging it's super slow. The off guy or girl is there running but these are usually the people that are hitting it hard on weights and are actually athletic in general. There's a general idea that gym goers are hard workers/motivated. This is a lie. To become within top 5% aesthetics out of the people at your gym is very easy if you're even remotely motivated.

TLDR: used to think people doing cardio had a lot of willpower, they do not.

• +1
Reactions: Hirekdr, k1llsw1tch, OldRooster and 1 other person

A lot of women don't even go to the gym to workout, and the men just want to go for a walk and get the blood flowing a little bit without getting stabbed in an American city.

I used to respect people who were up on the cardio machines, getting their cardio in because I've always disliked cardio. I could sort of see the people in the cardio areas getting their workout in and I was like "damn good for you" until I actually went to do cardio. Upon closer look, 95% of these people are slowly walking on the machines, not even jogging, or if they're jogging it's super slow. The off guy or girl is there running but these are usually the people that are hitting it hard on weights and are actually athletic in general. There's a general idea that gym goers are hard workers/motivated. This is a lie. To become within top 5% aesthetics out of the people at your gym is very easy if you're even remotely motivated.

TLDR: used to think people doing cardio had a lot of willpower, they do not.
i do the stairmaster as a light warmup before leg day

Schizo ramblings

No matter how many times I see this, it still amazes me, and I see it every time I go to the gym, probably 30% of the people at my gym do cardio at almost no resistance. Granted there are a lot more older people at my gym than typical. Someone gets on the elliptical, and leaves it on the default setting of "1" (it goes up to 20, and I set it at 15 or 16 depending how long I am going to be on it). And lol, just the other day I saw an old woman doing it at a setting of "0", I didn't even know that "0" was possible, that means she had to make a conscious decision to lower the resistance from the default setting of "1" down to "0". And then there are the people that walk 3mph on the inclined treadmill at zero incline, and they still have to hold onto the hand supports on the front of the machine to reduce the stress level.

Somewhat off topic, but this is a pet peeve of mine, people that set the inclined treadmill to a significant incline, but then cheat the entire time by holding onto the machine.
iu