The best and most practical way to get a wider smile

D

darksuneye

Iron
This might be a water thread for some but I think this information is very important for others, I saw some posts basically saying that surgery is the only way, and I agree that surgery is better in certain cases but in looksmaxing one should really choose his battles. Most people here don't want to just get rid of a failo, they want to look way better than before, therefore they need multiple surgeries, but planning a million surgeries isn't practical, not only cost wise, but it's also bad for your health to get a ton of unnecesary procedures.

If you have a death tier narrow palate then yes, maybe surgery is your only option, but for average and reasonably narrrow palates I think is way better to consider less invasive options. Keep in mind that palate surgery can cause other problems and sometimes not even give a easthetic result, it can even make asymmetry worse.

Sometimes people want the best possible outcome and think that a more invasive surgery will give them a better result, so they ignore obvious options not giving them the credit they deserve. Look at how these people ascended their smiles without breaking their bones, without any extra aesthetic disadvantage, and without having to go through an invasive procedure that takes a toll on their body.

Remember: one less unnecessary procedure gives you the chance to get more succesful surgeries that you actually need, you give your body more time to recover, less chance of something going wrong, less chance of side effects, and you end sooner you looksmax journey so you have more time to be happy too :feelsautistic:

First step: Invisalign

This is well known for having overall better teeth but it doesn't get enough attention for its ability to give you a wider smile. Sometimes the problem is that your teeth are crowded in a way that they still look straight and fine, but the smile is narrower than it could be. You don't have to break your palate, simply aligning the teeth can really ascend your smile.
I1
Image33

For a lot of people I think only one of these two steps is necessary, but if you have an actual narrow smile maybe you need to do both, if you choose to go for invisalign and still need more then good old veneers should do the trick

Second step: veneers

You need to make sure you go to a doctor with a good aesthetic eye that will give you natural looking veneers, super white artificial looking teeth are a looksmin. Same as invisalign, people consider veneers for the overall aesthetic improvement of teeth but they don't give attention to the other important advantage they have: they can also considerably widen your smile​
AnnePfinalsba
SDLA Stephanie Cosmetic Dentistry Page 2020
Even if you have a subhuman smile you can make it infinitely better with these two combined, but for most people just one of these options would be enough to go from an average smile to a chad one. So don't sleep on "normie" treatments, sometimes is better to save yourself the pain and effort and go for the safest option :feelsokman:
Edit: click on the pictures because the format made them look weird​

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8365, Preoximerianas, WanderingBurro and 1 other person
Smiling is beta behavior
#SigmaMalesOnlyGrin

• +1
Reactions: Prince88 and Deleted member 23530
Main problem is that it barely works for adult males that already have straight teeth. Only SARPE with a powerful device like the TPD or the Power Expander can give stable, predictable, even skeletal maxillary expansion to an adult male. No one would get SARPE if just braces were enough.

The very best thing is SARPE with Power Expander and then self ligating braces assisted with tads for aligning teeth and dental arch widening. Veneers of course would be a nice finishing touch if needed. If nose widens too much despite using an alar cinch, then you'll need an alarplasty after it.

It sucks but it is what it is.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and ChristianChad
I’ve come to realize smiling excessively is female trait.
As a man keep your mouth closed and appear stoic, calm

TLDR : just don’t smile

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: m0ss26, Deleted member 23558, Deleted member 21863 and 3 others
Invisalign was my first real looksmax, took me from school shooter lips to 10 teeth, above average lip smile.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: CyberPsychodelic, autistic_tendencies, Deleted member 23558 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: LightSkinNoob
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22126
Yeah it widened my resting lip width noticeably
Exactly what i need. How long did it take? Do you have to go to a specific ortho to get a wider smile

Exactly what i need. How long did it take? Do you have to go to a specific ortho to get a wider smile
I didn’t realise it would make my lips wider when I went for it, I just had it on for 8 months, then removed. Just my family dentists tbh. I gained maybe 30% width on my original. It went from in line with my alar base to maybe .5cm longer on each side

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558 and Deleted member 22126
I didn’t realise it would make my lips wider when I went for it, I just had it on for 8 months, then removed. Just my family dentists tbh. I gained maybe 30% width on my original. It went from in line with my alar base to maybe .5cm longer on each side
what age? Did it widen the lower arch

• +1
brutally over for my 4 tooth smile.

• JFL
Reactions: boss8055
Yeah it widened my resting lip width noticeably
How can it widen mouth though if it doesnt directly expand the palate itself? That's interesting

• +1
Main problem is that it barely works for adult males that already have straight teeth. Only SARPE with a powerful device like the TPD or the Power Expander can give stable, predictable, even skeletal maxillary expansion to an adult male. No one would get SARPE if just braces were enough.

The very best thing is SARPE with Power Expander and then self ligating braces assisted with tads for aligning teeth and dental arch widening. Veneers of course would be a nice finishing touch if needed. If nose widens too much despite using an alar cinch, then you'll need an alarplasty after it.

how can you be for invisilign to still be worth it?

how can you be for invisilign to still be worth it?

Have an already wide palate with not perfectly aligned teeth and prefer the aesthetic over the metal self ligating braces. That's the only scenario I can think of tbh

GUYS THIS IS LEGIT

while I was at the ortho office the ortho showed me some sarpe+invisalign results, one girl legit went from 6 teeth smile to 10 teeth mogger smile, on top her midface looked a bit wider.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 22126
Cope. Chads don’t smile

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23154 and Deleted member 22126

True, the thing is that this would be enough for most people, unless you have a giga narrow smile you can make it significantly better with just normie looksmaxes like veneers and invisalign. I think the pros of surgery for a wider palate don't really outweigh the cons, at least in most cases (like the ones we usually see on this forum)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23154
This might be a water thread for some but I think this information is very important for others, I saw some posts basically saying that surgery is the only way, and I agree that surgery is better in certain cases but in looksmaxing one should really choose his battles. Most people here don't want to just get rid of a failo, they want to look way better than before, therefore they need multiple surgeries, but planning a million surgeries isn't practical, not only cost wise, but it's also bad for your health to get a ton of unnecesary procedures.

If you have a death tier narrow palate then yes, maybe surgery is your only option, but for average and reasonably narrrow palates I think is way better to consider less invasive options. Keep in mind that palate surgery can cause other problems and sometimes not even give a easthetic result, it can even make asymmetry worse.

Sometimes people want the best possible outcome and think that a more invasive surgery will give them a better result, so they ignore obvious options not giving them the credit they deserve. Look at how these people ascended their smiles without breaking their bones, without any extra aesthetic disadvantage, and without having to go through an invasive procedure that takes a toll on their body.

Remember: one less unnecessary procedure gives you the chance to get more succesful surgeries that you actually need, you give your body more time to recover, less chance of something going wrong, less chance of side effects, and you end sooner you looksmax journey so you have more time to be happy too :feelsautistic:

First step: Invisalign

This is well known for having overall better teeth but it doesn't get enough attention for its ability to give you a wider smile. Sometimes the problem is that your teeth are crowded in a way that they still look straight and fine, but the smile is narrower than it could be. You don't have to break your palate, simply aligning the teeth can really ascend your smile.
View attachment 1927449

For a lot of people I think only one of these two steps is necessary, but if you have an actual narrow smile maybe you need to do both, if you choose to go for invisalign and still need more then good old veneers should do the trick

Second step: veneers

You need to make sure you go to a doctor with a good aesthetic eye that will give you natural looking veneers, super white artificial looking teeth are a looksmin. Same as invisalign, people consider veneers for the overall aesthetic improvement of teeth but they don't give attention to the other important advantage they have: they can also considerably widen your smile​
Even if you have a subhuman smile you can make it infinitely better with these two combined, but for most people just one of these options would be enough to go from an average smile to a chad one. So don't sleep on "normie" treatments, sometimes is better to save yourself the pain and effort and go for the safest option :feelsokman:
Edit: click on the pictures because the format made them look weird​
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁