The biggest mistake I made as a pre-software-engineer (NEVER MAKE THIS MISTAKE if you want to get hired to your FIRST developer job)

thecel

thecel

morph king
If you’re learning to code to get your first software engineering job, you must ensure that all your personal side projects are good to put in your portfolio that you’ll show to companies in the near future. Never put lots of time and energy into projects that you wouldn’t proudly present to employers.

I made the costly mistake of making projects “just for fun” that are utterly unusable for my resume.

My projects and the tools I used to make each:
  • Man-O-Meter
    • Description: Determines male SMV with dogshit algorithm.
    • Tools: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, GitHub, Google Analytics
  • Looksmatch
    • Description: Browser game like 2048, combine males to make more attractive males. Ascend from Eggy to Gandy. Has an advanced gamemode.
  • MewSim
    • Description: Mewing Simulator, changes a 3D face model depending on Mewing parameters. Ascend from recessed subhuman to dinosaur-tier forward-growth mogger.
    • Tools: Blender, HTML, CSS, React, JSX, Webpack, GitHub, Google Analytics
  • auto-dox
    • Description: Displays IP address, geographic coordinates, and other information from the user who visits the website.
    • Tools: Heroku, Node.js, Express, JavaScript
  • 27types
    • Description: Online test that’s the Rice Purity Test combined with MBTI personality types.
    • Tools: Netlify, FaunaDB, Svelte, Rollup, Vite, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, GitHub, Google Analytics
  • Looksmax Leaderboard
    • Description: Rep Ratio Leaderboard for Looksmax.org
    • Tools: Vercel, MongoDB, Vue, Vite, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, GitHub, Google Analytics
These projects demonstrate a dog-shit level of expertise in various software engineering disciplines, including but not limited to:
  • front-end web development
  • back-end web development
  • full-stack web development
  • REST API engineering
  • database engineering
  • user interface design
  • customer data collection and analysis
  • 3D modeling
With skills like these, I should be a CTO at Google already. I’d plant a trojan in Google Search that redirects all visitors to Looksmax.org.

But sadly, my projects are just a huge waste of time. I can’t show my shit to hiring managers because they’re all blackpill-related.

All those hours of coding, but my portfolio still is empty.

A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from others’ mistakes. You guys need to learn from my mistakes. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, NEVER WASTE TIME CODING SHIT YOU CAN’T PRESENT TO EMPLOYERS!

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: pooplicker, bradpittshairline, Ryldoo IS COPING and 32 others
so how do i learn coding cuz im retarded i wanna make games and websites and HACKS for games

• +1
Reactions: thecel
so how do i learn coding cuz im retarded i wanna make games and websites and HACKS for games
ik html and css and modeling but like, i watch these hours long prograamming vids and get no where

• +1

hard coom for post nut clarity and do freecodecamp or codecademy or udemy etc

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003
If you’re learning to code to get your first software engineering job, you must ensure that all your personal side projects are good to put in your portfolio that you’ll show to companies in the near future. Never put lots of time and energy into projects that you wouldn’t proudly present to employers.

I made the costly mistake of making projects “just for fun” that are utterly unusable for my resume.

• Man-O-Meter
  • Looksmatch
    • Description: Browser game like 2048, combine males to make more attractive males. Ascend from Eggy to Gandy. Has an advanced gamemode.
  • MewSim
    • Description: Mewing Simulator, changes a 3D face model depending on Mewing parameters. Ascend from recessed subhuman to dinosaur-tier forward-growth mogger.
  • auto-dox
    • Description: Displays IP address, geographic coordinates, and other information from the user who visits the website.
  • 27types
    • Description: Online test that’s the Rice Purity Test combined with MBTI personality types.
    • Tools: Netlify, FaunaDB, Svelte, Rollup, Vite, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, GitHub, Google Analytics
  • Looksmax Leaderboard
    • Tools: Vercel, MongoDB, Vue, Vite, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, GitHub, Google Analytics
These projects demonstrate a dog-shit level of expertise in various software engineering disciplines, including but not limited to:
  • REST API engineering
  • database engineering
  • user interface design
  • 3D modeling
With skills like these, I should be a CTO at Google already. I’d plant a trojan in Google Search that redirects all visitors to Looksmax.org.

But sadly, my projects are just a huge waste of time. I can’t show my shit to hiring managers because they’re all blackpill-related.

A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from others’ mistakes. You guys need to learn from my mistakes. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, NEVER WASTE TIME CODING SHIT YOU CAN’T PRESENT TO EMPLOYERS!
i just want to remote develope and live in central asia. I'd never work at a big tech company.

• Woah
Fucking lol at actually making these and showing them off respect OP

• Love it

• Man-O-Meter
  • Looksmatch
  • MewSim
  • auto-dox
  • 27types
  • Looksmax Leaderboard
  • REST API engineering
  • database engineering
  • user interface design
  • 3D modeling

I mean if it helped you to learn it in the first place it was not a waste of time... If you can do the things you said you can I'm sure by now you can do legit projects most people just copy someone elses and slightly change the code if you are out there making legit things then you already have a leg up.

If you would not otherwise have done a project then none of this was a waste of time

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 22971 and 2 others
The sad tale of a smart nigga whose mind got destroyed by psl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, GetShrekt, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
why don’t you just change some inputs and reskin it

coding forum leaderboard

auto identity check

keep the personality one

call the mew sim smth animation related

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro, thecel and BugeyeBigNoseCurry
Send me the code

• +1
Wait...aren't you the mf that posted the thing that analyzes your face???

You also CREATED A FUCKING PROGRAM TO DOX PEOPLE???

Nah you're fucked mate

@thecel As gooks dude we like TWO good genetic traits and it's entirely functional.

We are good at running, and we are good at intelligence based activities.

Those two functions are what separated homo sapiens from the older apes anyways.

But if you are intelligent dude, you have to not be doing RETARDED shit like thinking about blackpilled information all day. There's no point.

The blackpill is just like a disabled man with no legs learning everyone else has legs. Yes it's the truth. But it's not HELPFUL TRUTH.

Do what helps you reach your goals. Don't look for the truth, look for victory.

Screenshot 20230119 231741

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back